Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
but i have not beaten it even once. i get to the red forest and suddenly stop playing. every single time.

poo poo's weird, man.

also i can't type thread titles worth a poo poo apparently :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
prypiat is better

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i'd say that COP is the better game mechanically, but some part of me likes SHOC's environments a lot more. agroprom and the underground labs are creepy as gently caress and i just wish COP had more areas like that.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i liked clear sky behahahaa no i can't do it

Dec 26, 2012

finish the game, op

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

AHungryRobot posted:

but i have not beaten it even once. i get to the red forest and suddenly stop playing. every single time.

poo poo's weird, man.

also i can't type thread titles worth a poo poo apparently :downs:

That's really sad OP.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Going to Pripyat is p. cool even if there isn't much to do there.

Finish the game you pussy.

Also I like Clear Sky :smugdog:

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

scalded schlong posted:

i liked clear sky behahahaa no i can't do it

I kinda liked the faction stuff but yeah I get to the same point playing CS and just wind up forgetting to play it for months until I go "this time I'll finish it!" but nope, hasn't happened yet

e: Also just downloaded Lost Alpha today so should be some good poo poo I hope

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm playing lost alpha right now. Shits rad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OP, hand in your gamer card.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I legit think Clear Sky has the most fun combat since its mainly against Stalkers and theres so much of it.

You need to mod in something that makes the weapons not suck balls though because Holy poo poo they're bad.

A shotgun will shoot everything but what you're aiming at.

Dec 26, 2012

Ddraig posted:

I legit think Clear Sky has the most fun combat since its mainly against Stalkers and theres so much of it.

You need to mod in something that makes the weapons not suck balls though because Holy poo poo they're bad.

A shotgun will shoot everything but what you're aiming at.

use the over/under shotgun, and not anything else

Dec 26, 2012

actually use the tank MG too, 2000 round capacity :whatup:

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

That's cool, man. Game however you want. Don't let these fuckin bad-time-havers tell you how to enjoy video games. This place is really angry lately (lookin at you wormskull)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

That's cool, man. Game however you want. Don't let these fuckin bad-time-havers tell you how to enjoy video games. This place is really angry lately (lookin at you wormskull)

Hand in your gamer card, casual apologist.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Hand in your gamer card, casual apologist.

Jokes on you mine was taken away already for installing the simpsons game on my phone

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

op how many times has a needlessly aggressive man told you to get out of here

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i loved stalker. i will play through clear sky and call of pripryat as well and i have aded them to my list

Dec 26, 2012

Video Viddy Games posted:

i loved stalker. i will play through clear sky and call of pripryat as well and i have aded them to my list

do pripyat first and then if you really liked it enough that you desperately want more try out clear sky

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I say Clear Sky first.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's nothing like a few parts of CS in either SoC or CoP which makes it worth playing, IMO, and it's not a bad Stalker game by any stretch, just a more than usually flawed one, and you'd appreciate playing the better realized version of it in CoP more probably if you did it after CS.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I had this same problem OP, and basically you gotta change your mindset about the different portions of the game. Early on you're wandering around, finding cool poo poo and learning the ropes, but once the scorcher goes down its a mad sprint to the center of the zone and you gotta just sack up and dive in for keeps, no return trips to the bar or odds and ends bullshit,

just you

the wishgranter

and a fucktillion monolith

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

There's nothing like a few parts of CS in either SoC or CoP which makes it worth playing, IMO, and it's not a bad Stalker game by any stretch, just a more than usually flawed one, and you'd appreciate playing the better realized version of it in CoP more probably if you did it after CS.

i can respect that. i just dont want the dude getting frustrated by cs and not trying cop

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you avoid the Turf War crap in CS and stop playing the end as soon as you feel the tedium then it probably won't demoralize you to much.

Dec 26, 2012

it bothers me what a good concept and what a horrid execution the faction poo poo was

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember trying to play it and I spent like 10 hours or something trying to conquer the whole world for Duty only to realize that Freedom will spawn inside of the very prison Duty makes of, say, a Freedom hospital forever, and IIRC even with no territory left Freedom can still spawn squads forever. :sigh:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Wormskull posted:

I remember trying to play it and I spent like 10 hours or something trying to conquer the whole world for Duty only to realize that Freedom will spawn inside of the very prison Duty makes of, say, a Freedom hospital forever, and IIRC even with no territory left Freedom can still spawn squads forever. :sigh:

i see your problem its because you backed the fun police instead of a good faction

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have a feeling the same or similar would of come of trying to help Freedom although it'd be kind of cute if they made it so the rebels would always be able to spawn guys but not the police dudes.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
also lost alpha is good, but is there anything i can do to make the first car you get not handle like poo poo? you can't go over 20kmh and turn more than 10 degrees without the car flipping multiple times

i realize this might be part of the authentic ukranian experience but still

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fellis posted:

also lost alpha is good, but is there anything i can do to make the first car you get not handle like poo poo? you can't go over 20kmh and turn more than 10 degrees without the car flipping multiple times

*Starts violently throughing up but it's far to late for me to go into a desperate rage over people playing modded stalker*

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I have a feeling the same or similar would of come of trying to help Freedom although it'd be kind of cute if they made it so the rebels would always be able to spawn guys but not the police dudes.

yeah probably, i don't remember CS at all, played it once and forgot about it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Wormskull posted:

*Starts violently throughing up but it's far to late for me to go into a desperate rage over people playing modded stalker*

that's a regular part of lost alpha tho :confused:

also your fuckign dumb mods are like the best part of the STALKER experience, I finally got Atmosfear and Shoker running together on COP and ready for my gunsperg playthrough

e: are forums being weird my post got ate

Fellis fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 20, 2014

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
modding stalker is

good but perhaps best left to

subsequent playthroughs

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Only 100 hours?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you're going to play clear sky you need the pseudodoggles mod because it adds a much needed layer of authenticity to an otherwise impeccable realisation of a genetically superior Wolf dog hybrid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ddraig posted:

If you're going to play clear sky you need the pseudodoggles mod because it adds a much needed layer of authenticity to an otherwise impeccable realisation of a genetically superior Wolf dog hybrid.

Okay. Drop that retard.

Dec 26, 2012

Fellis posted:

is this the car in the darkscape chase or another one

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

01011001 posted:

is this the car in the darkscape chase or another one

The darkscape chase. It was especially frustrating because im trying to psuedo ironman and only using game autosave at the beginning of areas and driving the car out of that monolith base was obnoxiously difficult because it would flip if i more than nudged it left or right

I should have just walked it in retrospect

Dec 26, 2012

yeah pretty much. also if your car gets hosed up because you swerved or someone shot it up you can repair it by going to the trunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

AHungryRobot posted:

i'd say that COP is the better game mechanically, but some part of me likes SHOC's environments a lot more. agroprom and the underground labs are creepy as gently caress and i just wish COP had more areas like that.

this is exactly the correct opinion.

• Locked thread