Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The morph ball official size is like 1 meter in diameter, so it's a tight fit, but no bone crunching required. Any reasonably fit woman could fit in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I certainly think you need some kind of single player narrative driven component, but I'm a weirdo who barely plays online multiplayer at all.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's the first I've heard of it.(The spaghetti o's thing). Who's going crazy, reddit?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ultigonio posted:

Sure, I can agree with that. In general, I'd like Nintendo to allow one of their external devs to approach 3D platforming again. I guess they just don't wanna' 'cause the genre's considered "niche" nowadays if your box doesn't have Mario or Sonic on it, and it requires a pretty decent amount of time and money to make a good-sized 3D platformer that isn't filled to the brim with padding while also controlling well and so on and so forth.

They should make a big Mario game but pull a metal gear solid 2 and have Wario replace him after the first chapter.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This popped up because of someone being SUPER CONCERNED about the next assassin creed and call of duty not coming out for WiiU. As a signal third party support was ending.

I got news for him, their previous games didn't sell on WiiU, so if they existed and no one was buying that's functionally the same as there being no support anyway. It's there a single person who was going to buy the WiiU but now won't because it isn't getting the yearly call of duty? Is there a single person going to get rid of their WiiU because Assassin's Creed 8 won't be on it?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm having trouble coming up with a good EA or Activision game. Ubisoft I will grant you.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

night slime posted:

Nintendo can go it alone--I have faith in them. WHen did Mario ever need an ally to defeat Bowser. Peace out...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's a shame that none of the DLC from the Steam version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed made it to the Wii U version. Ryo is a cool guy, whether he is drinking sodas, buying capsule toys, or flipping cars over with his forklift.

They can leave the Yogscast DLC on Steam though because Yogscast haha

You don't get it is all. The joke is they're british.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I agree, except I think most of the bosses, not just the last one, are bullshit and a black mark on an otherwise excellent game. This polar bear I'm stuck on is bullshit. The owl was bullshit and took forever. The seal was bullshit and took forever. The babboon guy was bullshit and took forever. Even the ones that aren't too difficult are just tedious as gently caress.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think they took the DKC games off the store because they were afraid Returns sales could be impacted by very similar but cheaper games. They forgot to ever put it back up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wash your hands once in a while.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Miyamoto also insisted they pull the story and RPG elements out of Paper Mario Sticker star. I think he loving hates reading or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mercury Crusader posted:

Where'd you find this quote? NeoGAF or GameFAQs?

I think that's pretty spot on and basically exactly how I felt, especially with what Nintendo was showing of WiiU for the year before release and the first six months. I only got a WiiU because of dumb blind faith in Nintendo. Luckily my faith was rewarded this time and it's the best console and some of the best games they've made in a long long time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well we don't know for sure if it will be called New 3DS here. It could be in Japan using the English word "New" in front of something is a much larger signifier of differentiation. Maybe they'll call it the 3DS Advance here. Or something I didn't think up in two seconds.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For best Zelda game I recommend Neutopia 2 for the Turbo Graphx 16

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
We know they already have high quality hd models of the characters.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The boss fights are lovely and way too long. I've put the game down for over a month multiple times because of how boring it got going through the same escalating patterns over and over, only to die on the last pattern.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I actually had no problem with the pufferfish, got him second or third try. The baboon made me put the game down for a month and the polar bear has made me currently put down the game for going on three months.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A throwback to what? The only bosses with multiple cycles like this were the end K Rool bosses.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You had to memorize difficult patterns in Mega Man but those fights took a minute max. Some of the tropical freeze fights for half of it I feel like I'm watching a cutscene

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ha I'm an idiot who probably already owns every single game they're putting on sale. It was worth it though for that water.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I can only download games to the console I own? WHAT THE gently caress? (is games poster; cries)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not sure what you mean not being able to see where they go, I thought there a clear white trail. If you don't mind using the gamepad its gyro aiming is excellent.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
By upgrading you get save states, the ability to remap your controls however you want, the ability to play using the gamepad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
N64 games aren't out on WiiU yet, who knows when or if they ever will be.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well the WiiU is continuing to outsell PS4 in Japan, so I'd think if they do make a console version it will probably be on WiiU where they have the engine running already.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The thing is there's a shop and E-tanks are cheap as hell in both MM9 and 10. The only way you should die once you make it to a boss is if you're limiting yourself from using the shop. Which I wouldn't blame you.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I realize its almost zero chance but I really hope they slap a translation patch on Rockman and Forte SNES rather than releasing the lovely GBA port. I mean, they have the translation already.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I got mine a few hours later than everyone else last night. In club Nintendo did you opt to receive promotional e-mail? You have to to have gotten the codes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You get post play surveys, they show up after around ten days.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does the level have a boomerang suit?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Do Hisstocrat first. Also the pattern isn't random. Also try to jump on both of them in one go.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Coming into the level already having two cat bells would help too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Austrian mook posted:

crown crown? there's not another world after this, is there?? :stare:

... Ughhhhhhhhhh

The levels are fast and easy to get through when you aren't worried about getting the green stars.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Three complaints about Tesla grad. Number one: the menu interface is really poor and slow. Number 2: the loading times are pretty bad you can come to a door and the game will freeze for a couple of seconds. Number 3: if you play on the gamepad gamepad icon is in the upper left corner of the screen the entire time and it is really a huge eyesore.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You only have to go back to armored armadillo once for the hadouken. You do have to die five times though. The only stage you have to backtrack to is Chill Penguin in order to get his heart container you need flame mammoths weapon. If you were to do flame mammoths stage first to get it, you would miss the sub tank and arm upgrades because you need the boot and helmet upgrades.

Boomer Kuwanger heart is obtainable with only the boots. You don't need a boomerang or ice sled to reach it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm not really seeing a problem there. It looks like it hardly ever went below 40 and never dipped below 30

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Really? Who cares? Here's how to make that video more palletable. Put your thumb over the upper left corner. There, frame rate problem fixed.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm kind of surprised YouTube is still limited to 30fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Polo-Rican posted:

Mario Kart 8's two player splitscreen... why is it split horizontally? I can't see around any corners! Did nobody playtest this? I keep flying off the course during long turns because you can't see the end until it's too late.

edit: Hyrule Warriors reviews are coming out. Looks to be exactly what you'd expect. Brainless combat and enemies but surprisingly good use of the Zelda license.

If they split it vertically, the view would be way too narrow on a 16:9 aspect ratio. Also I used vertically to contrast with your post, but I'm pretty sure both of these posts have horizontal and vertically used incorrectly.

• Locked thread