Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Zoran posted:

My condolences for Orange Samus's scoliosis.

She has bendy bones how do you think she curls up into a ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

By being reconstituted as formless energy, doy!

Oh yeah well explain this nerdo!!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fremry posted:

Change in leadership, layoffs, potential restructuring can absolutely affect you as a Wii U owner in terms of quantity, frequency and quality of games in the future. They are fine right now because of the massive amounts of cash from the Wii, but that money isn't going to last forever.

*jotting down notes* Hmm yeah *continues to write notes* I see *camera pans around revealing notepad, pages contain the words "THIS DUDE'S A BIG IDIOT NERD" and nothing else*

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

A Thing To Remember here is the taint reaper is an idiot

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

It's still around. The current squad of armchair CEOs prefer to avoid it though so they don't get Zeke'd

uh. it's "deak"...

Alteisen posted:

You told me this already, and I have it adblocked so I wouldn't know but I'm glad its still there.

lmao here's a refresher for you dude

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Chaltab posted:

Also holy poo poo Wonderful 101, what do I have to do to satisfy your Platinum medal requirements? I take as little as 350 damage and it still drops me to a gold medal.

It gives you separate medals based on time, damage and combo and then averages those to give you the actual medal for the mission. Taking any damage at all will drop your damage medal to a gold (or lower if you keep getting hit obviously). If you get a platinum for time and combo but get a gold for damage you'll still get a platinum overall.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Morby posted:

So is Mario Maker basically a spiritual successor to Mario Paint? Please say yes.

That's actually Warioware D.I.Y. but Mario Maker is another thing that is sort of like Mario Paint in some ways yes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I pre-ordered the Villager and Kirby Amiibos because they are my friends

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

When the Pitty Pat(tm) and Pretty Palutena(c) Amiibos are available I will be buying them too this is the Amiibo update

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Rocket Knight Adventures for the Genesis is the secret best 2D platformer of all time.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

13/f/cali posted:

It's a plot thing. If it wasn't revealed by that point it'll come up.

Nah it was already revealed just a real long time ago it's just easy to forget: Monado can't hurt people.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Yeah lemme go to walmart dot com like some loving scrub, idiot.

You're really boring please go

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

axleblaze posted:

I didn't find them funny. I didn't find them so good they were bad, I didn't find them good, I didn't even really find them ridiculous. I mean I didn't go in there expecting a great story or anything but I just found them to be dull with not really all that much to redeem them.

If you can't find the good and ridiculous about things like stealing a motorcycle and starting it by jamming your middle finger in the ignition then that sounds like a problem with your broke rear end brain

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mabels big day posted:

Moosh is better.

This dude gets it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Shelf Adventure posted:

Who the gently caress cares how good you are at virtually jumping? If you aren't having fun just bypass that poo poo

Punk rear end bitch detected

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Going to beat Tropical Freeze as soon as I finish up unlocking most of smash bros brawl.

Which might be never, because the final boss is loving ludicrous in subspace emmisary. After being able to bash my way through the entirety of the game with light challenge (i'm playing on normal), the final boss somehow demands near perfect use of the shield and dodge functions - including a one hit kill attack that all but the most accomplished of players are going to get wrecked by.

gently caress you, game.

EDITED: On my tenth try now. Just came within a sliver of beating him - four of my six characters were killed with the same red circles of death move. Jesus H Christ.

ETA: Finally beat him after realizing I could exit out and pick new characters, trod across the map and try again. Was able to cheese over half his health his donkey kong.

I've beaten my fair share of 2d platformers over the years - just 100%ed new super mario bros.

And that smash final boss was spectacularly poor design. Apparently you can dodge the red circles of death by pressing shield and down at just the right time.... a skill the game never once teaches you.

sounds like you're just bad and didn't watch the how to play video

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Jsor posted:

Really, Nintendo would sell like 100 billion Wii U systems if they just made For the Frog the Bell Tolls U.

prince of sable's already in smash bros it's BASICALLY already confirmed

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

greatn posted:

Couldn't they update the Wii inside the WiiU firmware?

They could, but the way the Wii works internally is weird and (to put it really simply) Wii games just use whatever the latest version of the firmware was when they came out. It's built into each individual game. It's the reason Brawl can't recognize SDHC cards and they didn't upgrade the internal memory for vWii. So they could update the firmware to recognize the GC adapter, but it would only work with games that have yet to come out (no patching!) and are designed to take advantage of it. Which are none.

It's the reason I was kinda amazed they said it would work on the Wii in the first place, technically it shouldn't be possible.

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 9, 2014

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly can't remember playing a demo more than once since I was a teenager and they came on discs on the front of magazines so the limit never bothered me.

I ended up never buying the first Tony Hawk game (until a couple of years ago anyway) because me and my friend were totally content with playing the demo forever.

superman best song warehouse best stage

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

If you haven't played the first one before then yeah, play them in order I mean come on

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Bad Opinion Havers I T T

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I think Banjo-Kazooie is steal real good and for the most part holds up (except notes resetting (they fix this in the XBLA version THANK GOD)).

Banjo-Tooie is one of the worst loving games ever made

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

greatn posted:

Side note, if you play that version dont do Bottles's jigsaw minigame, because Banjo collecting notes in the puzzle movies will remove them from the game and you can never collect them.

I was a cool and smart person and didn't do those until after I beat the game, but I did get some weird thing where the leaderboards list me as having 99 jiggies when I actually have all 100.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Jewigi posted:

*straightens Dr. Who cosplay tie* h e h, showed that guy

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

The Tingle game was real good and cool and it's a shame it never made it to America/the sequel never made it out of Japan.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Really, you should just sell the first game for like $10 bucks on the SA Mart and watch a YouTube video of some neckbeard homie explaining what happened.

Another quality noirstronaut post

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah the flagpoles are super easy and take like zero time, getting everything else but stopping there is weird

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Vanquish is the only fun cover shooter (because it actively encourages you to not be in cover)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I don't really think of Uncharted as a cover shooter. Like yeah it has cover but it's not really like Gears of War or the 11 billion games that tried to rip it off, which is what Vanquish is closer to.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

George is gettin' upset

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

So I beat Bayonetta 2 and that game is real good but holy crap is the final boss a letdown

Austrian mook posted:

Should I play Bayonetta 1 before 2 or not? I never made it that far into the first game.

Yes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

The difference with Mystery House Marathon is that once you figure out how to do a room once, you should be able to do it every time. I still have yet to finish Champion's Road with all five characters because it's just a loving hard level.

The Part Where I Link The Videos Of Me Beating It With All The Characters And No Powerups While Posting The Smug Emote And The Text "haha"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Captain Toad doesn't suck, he's just can't jump with that heavy backpack on :colbert:.

if you think about it he is actually very strong to be able to carry the backpack. powerful

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

I was apparently thinking of Enzo. This thread has been all about Bayo and I got confused :(

I wish Enzo would be in the next Zelda game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

When I think of Capcom, I get sad.

Same

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I straight up didn't know Xenoblade had Classic Controller support until halfway through the game, I tried it out for like 15 minutes then went back to Remote+Nunchuck.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Kly posted:

but they wont let you redownload on other devices so it's pretty pointless. With the way the shop works right now it may as well just be tied to console. Buy $200+ worth of poo poo from the eshop and break, lose or just have more than one console in your family/household? tough poo poo! enjoy buying all your games a second time! It's a joke and it's pathetic that literally every other company had this poo poo figured out 5+ years ago and nintendo can't manage the same.

Actually you just call Nintendo and have them transfer your ID to the replacement console and you redownload all your stuff to it and this weird rear end misconception about losing all your games is probably why so many people rush to point out that purchases are tied to the ID even if the ID is tied to the console.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

They should let Grin make a new Bionic Commando and the arm can be his wife

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Kly posted:

Cool, so you guys have done this and been successful? Because when I called Nintendo about this exact problem 4 or 5 years ago i was told there's nothing they could do. Even if it is different now...

the wii u and 3ds haven't even been out for 4 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

holy moly

• Locked thread