Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The outfit and high heels make her look like a race queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

The Taint Reaper posted:

You need Sharla for some of the super bosses or enemies 10 levels higher than you, unless you get real lucky and time dunban's special movies.

I beat you last super boss the dragon on the mountain using Shulk, Rheyn and Dunban. It was GLORIOUS. Otherwise, Riki can replace Sharla easily. I almost beat the boss using Seven, Riki and Melia (her dropkick is awesome and useful) but in the the end I needed Shulk's shield and Rheyn's thick skull.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 2, 2014

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
So I started playing the first Zelda for the first time and is there some way to speed up the rupie grind? I killed the bow dungeon boss with bombs because I couldn't afford arrows and the enemies never seem to drop any. And is there some way of getting more uses out of the candle? Looking for hidden passages by burning one bush at a time is also very annoying.

And is the money game in any way worth the trouble? "10 rupies to play! Well screw you have -40!".

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Regy Rusty posted:

Also something to note about the arrows is that they're not a kind of ammunition that can drop. You pay the one time fee to gain the ability to turn Rupees into arrows.

Oh wow so now I want to use it even less. It's too bad about the money grind because the game seems to hold up really well otherwise!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see how far I can get without resorting to using a map.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm replaying Bayonetta 1 first, and goddamn I forgot how annoying Grace & Glory are.

They first took me like seven tries to beat but then they became my favorite enemies to fight. It's so intense!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

enojy posted:

The same poo poo shows up in Chapter 3, which has like 10 or 11 verses. I was likely on my way to platinum the chapter, when I hosed up a pointless QTE. Or maybe it was the pointless bridge-falling-apart platforming part. Dying to poo poo like that shouldn't count as a continue...

I love Platinum games, but it's bullshit like that and failing no-hit runs in MGR due to machine gun fire from across the screen that makes me not give a drat about getting good ranks in them.

EDIT:
And falling through the bridge in the MC sequence.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
They are defintely not random but sometimes it's almost impossible to figure out the button and timing without dying the first time, like after the dragon boss fight.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I haven't played Bayo 2 yet but in 1 using alternative clothes they cover her when she's using the weaves. Pretty logical since her standard outfit is made from her hair :gonk:

So they could have her there if they just make her put something on. Then again, she IS a character from a R-rated game so I doubt it will happen in any case.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Looper posted:

The Wonderful Ones would fit so much better than Bayonetta I'm not sure how people haven't realized this??

Because nobody bought that game.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ImpAtom posted:

I hate to break it to you about Bayonetta 2...

The first one sold over a million at least. I hope 2 does reasonably well.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ImpAtom posted:

The first sold over a million across X-Box 360 and PS3 with a strong presence in Japan.

Bayonetta 2 is a single-SKU release sold on a poorly-selling system that already solid less than a quarter of Bayonetta 1's initial sales in Japan. It ain't impossible for it do well but the odds are pretty slim. The reports about it being sold out suggest a very low print run, not gangbuster sales.

It sucks because it's probably the best game this year. :smith:

Crap, I'm abroad and won't be in my home region until next year. I searched the online stores and there are barely any Bayonetta1+2 packs left. I'm gonna have to call someone to pick it up! I don't even own a Wii U.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ImpAtom posted:

Well, it'll always be available digitally at least.

(It's worth it, it's seriously better than the first game.)

You ended up on the forum that is aware that if a game bombs they tend to not make more of that game.

Is the first Bayonetta available digitally as well? You never know with these things.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

homeless snail posted:

You realize we're talking about Bayonetta 2, right? lol

The game that only exists because Nintendo wanted an exclusive noone else wanted to fund.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Sdoots posted:

Her clothing?

That's her loving hair. And she's beating poo poo up with her hair. HAIR BASED COMBAT.

*Pushes rims of glasses*
Actually she's not beating stuff with her hair. She uses portals to summon creatures from hell to attack for her. The giant arms and legs she uses for her standard weaves belong to the demon she struck a deal with to gain her witch powers. The hair is used to "trap" the demons and make sure they don't leave hell and wreak havoc. That's why Bayonetta has chains in her hair.

:nerd:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yup, that's definitely Sawano Hiroyuki sounding exactly the same as he always does.

The uploader says it's Hiroyuki Sawano though? It does sound almost exactly as one of his songs from Attack on Titan.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

the truth posted:

The final Jeanne fight in the first Bayonetta is pretty much ensuring that I will not finish the game. It's too bad, because there has been so much :frogsiren: going on and I want to see what kind of crazy stuff happens next.

Try using the sword. If you have the time, charge it before attacking and it will do a ton of damage. If you keep the button pressed you can actually turn into a cat without loosing the charge, which lets you do hit and run attacks. And remember to dodge dodge dodge. Especially if you don't have the Moon parry item.

Otherwise, in my experience it pays of to be really aggessive and not let her breathe. Watch out for her weaves and you should be OK.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 18, 2014

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

I would never have beaten the hidden boss without that technique :)

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Ruddha posted:

its really too bad that the zero suit stuff happened and changed samus from a 6 foot 200 pound alien mutant in a power suit to, well, a pin up girl with rocket heels

Then:

Now:

Still looks better than her Other M iteration, though.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I wouldn't mind seeing the developers of Velocity 2X create a Metroidvania game with the same main character. She's a cocky blonde space hunter with a gun arm/hand, and her outfit looks like a mix of the zero suit and Iron Man's armor. The game is also really fun which doesn't hurt.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

kater posted:

Have you fought double Grace and Glory yet? Don't quit before you do that.

Though if you do quit before you get to that loving turret boss then you are ahead of the curve no matter what.

Turret boss is really easy if you don't just hold the fire button but instead jam on it. Since you fire a shot for every button press you kill the boss MUCH faster. Also you can dodge from the firing position.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Ronnie posted:

So I'm playing the Bayonetta series and playing as a titular witch that takes her clothes off and uses fetish attacks to kill archangels in a sexualised manner whilst suggestively sucking on lolly pops is somehow making me even more :gay:

I think the game is having the opposite effect of what the designers were originally going for with their key demographic.

Is Bayonetta considered a gay icon? Because if not then she needs to be!

Bayonetta is pretty awesome because people are still debating whether the games are exploitative or empowering, feminist or misogynistic/misandristic. I don't know about gay icon but I know quite a few guys refused to play it because of how "gay" the first game's presentation was.

http://gaygamer.net/2014/10/bayonetta-the-great-exception/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbihPTgAql4

NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-mrRz3-UHk NSW NSW NSW

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Lightning Returns is a good game and the ending made me retroactively enjoy the whole XIII trilogy.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Isn't the ending that she enters the real world and is on a train in France or some poo poo?

It's hard to put into words, but basically *MAJOR Lightning Returns SPOILERS*:

1) The world is destroyed, and EVERYONE except Lightning and Hope die. Lightning has freed their souls, though.
2) God creates a new world, and eats Hope's soul because why not.
3) God offers Lightning a job as the new Goddess of Death. Lightning goes "Sure, why not. I'll start with YOU!".
4) They fight IN SPACE. Every main character + their summons from FFXIII + Hope's mom show up, flying through space like pixies. They help destroy God with the power of friendship and laser beams. Think the final boss fights in FF4/5/6/7/8 but in an expensive cutscene.
5) Noel gets his girlfriend back while Gaius stays in the Nothing together with a couple thousand versions of her.
6) Lightning reunites with her sister. Everyone is happy! Like super happy!
7) Then everyone joins the rest of humanity's souls to be reborn (?) in the new world.
8) Lightning now lives in France.

It's completely bonkers and I love it. I'll take light-hearted silliness over the self-seriousness of FFXIII any day. LR made FFXIII and XIII-2 feel like setup for the punchline that is LR's ending. And I mean that in a positive way.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 19, 2015

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

It might not really be a surprise but you should spoiler that, man. And you fight him - it's even a pretty hard fight - it's just that they finish him off properly in a cutscene.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The walker comes straight from Star Fox 2, so blame Nintendo for that one.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It looks pretty cool. I'll accept it as a substitute for now.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Anime Curator posted:

sign my petition to cancel this game.

I'm fine with the voices. I just wish the characters would show some, or any, emotion.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess it's kind of hard to take it seriously when their clothes fall off between rounds and they're doing crossovers with Senran Kagura though

Very much so, even if their clothes don't fall off as far as I know. But I've had a lot of fun with the free version, playing with friends. It's not the deepest fighting game around, but it's fun and there's more to it than you might think.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Sakurazuka posted:

Ahahaha that loving boss dude just standing there while you shoot him to death.
And apparently doing zero damage to you.

That part at 3.00 is dumbfounding. And it's from an OFFICIAL video.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
She's a girl, who's a squid, and a kid.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I can't get over how annoying the gameplay in the new Starfox looks. I can't imagine having 3rd person view on the TV and 1st person view on the controller working well.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Bunch of whiners in this thread. That Cloud trailer was great.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He only listed Fallout 4 once

It's not actually that bad, but I've never been more let down by a game than Witcher 3. Beautiful environments, poo poo gameplay. Hopefully Xenoblade X will actually be fun to play.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Help Im Alive posted:

Why does everyone in games hate games

Hey, I ADORED Xenoblade Chronicles and MGSV. Because they're actually good games.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

That UI hurts my eyes.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, people actually liked that? :confused:

It was one of the few things I enjoyed about that game. I can't stand the formula of entering a stage, find a star after five minutes, get kicked out, run back to the stage at the furthest end of the hub, repeat. It also gave me some kind of incentive to play the stages beyond "find more stars".

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I can't even get my dad to play Wordfeud.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
#FE looks like Persona without most of the elements that make Persona interesting and enjoyable. Also I can't stand the idol industry and this game completely revels in it, like a dog rolling in it's own poop. I haven't played any FE games either so that element is lost to me. There's literally zero reason for me to buy it, and I love RPGs.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Motto posted:

WiiU owners sure love talking about poo poo, huh.

...but enough about #FE. Star Fox Zero is looking pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Having to spend points to unlock super basic stuff like the roll is utterly moronic. Hopefully it's a Platinum situation and you can unlock it right away.

• Locked thread