Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does Nintendo's refurbished shop restock on a consistent basis, like every month or every few months, or do I just have to keep checking back whenever until they suddenly have stock again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
PhantomHourglass and Spirit Tracks both have some really cruddy parts (I liked the central dungeons in Spirit Tracks more than Phantom Hourglass cause I didn't like the timed aspect in Spirit Tracks, and Spirit Tracks the train was cool but not being able to combat the dark trains was bad and the pan flute bits were annoying), but they have some of the best dungeon designs and bosses and sidekick characters in the series.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

The worst part of Spirit Tracks (which is better then people give it credit for) was when I manuvered 2 dark trains into a head on collision and they clipped through eachother.

This too. The evil trains just being obstacles that you couldn't circumvent through cool poo poo like that was dumb as hell. I think the only thing you could do was make them stop for a little bit until you reached the final boss where you got the power only during that bit to take them out by just charging around super fast into them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

I guess now that im not poo poo posting and actually viewing it.

Im gonna send my phone to that poster for a better look. PM your address.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My favorite thing about Ninjabreadman is the speedrun of it where on the "you completed the level" screen, if you mash fast enough, you hit the confirmation button twice so it assumes you beat 2 levels instead of 1

Also that it's just a graphical reskin of another game by the same dev, some game called anubis 2.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Metroid Dread, the long lost project of that Metroid game about exploring the robotic world commanded by an AI with multiple personality disorder

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Platinum Games Presents: Urban Champion 2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

greatn posted:

I've only played the first two worlds and some user designed levels, my only real problem with it is loading times are way longer than they should be. This game also holds your hand a lot less than other Mario vs DK games, it introduces some new mechanics that you have to figure out on your own. I kept funding myself surprised at the lack of pop up messages telling me exactly what to do.

What do the review not like in particular?

Are there any major differences between the wii u and 3ds versions? I only have a 3DS so if I get it at all it'd be for that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So with Tipping Stars, how does the actual tipping system work? I understand that you get stars by completing levels, and that stars can either be spent in the workshop to buy new items to use in levels or to tip to players whose levels you enjoyed, but that makes it sound like stars are a finite thing and it'll be weird if you can't unlock everything in the workshop through the base game and have to resort to making levels to get more stars to buy everything.

So yeah, how does it actually work?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked that time when a kid won a smash bros tourney but some weirdo creep smash players hounded and stalked him around telling him to give up the trophy cause the tourney didn't use the same rules the weirdos did

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The third pillar!!!!

lmfao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I almost can't believe this was posted unironically

I hope you're kidding

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i liked that the characters dressed up for the different boards and was disappointed to find out that mario party 2 is the only one to ever do that

I wanna see cowboy waluigi

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

the best mario party 2 board is mystery land, it is a science fact

Pirate land isbetter because on pirate land everybody dresses like pirates

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

Best board is Horror Land, dude, get with it.

You're lousy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

sharrrk posted:

sonic adventure 2: battle is a perfect video game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

japtor posted:

Does it have beautiful water?

It has a chao garden

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Trent posted:

Every second spent programming this sort of thing is a second not spent on making a good game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bean posted:

Related, nothing will ever beat the E3 where they demoed Nintendogs and, while Miamoto and the other presenter weren't watching, the dogs hosed right on stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EnE8XgTgo

Hahaha look at this funny thing on screen *camera zooms in on miyamoto holding a ds*

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

it's not a vinyl/cd comparison, it's like saying "why would i watch the original robocop when they remade it last year" and i know you're a loving idiot but surely even you can see how/why that's a dumb thing to say

Should've used The Thing From Another World & John Carpenter's The Thing, imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BFC posted:

Also Genei Ibunroku seems to lack the map strategy of FE, has shown us glimpses of boring dungeon crawling, resembles Persona's worst elements, has both gaudy, overdesigned, and somehow boring character designs(maybe not including motorcycle and Pegasusbots), and people wanted something with a darker tone than Super Sentai?

Gleaned all that from a minute and a half trailer of mostly cutscenes huh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BFC posted:

If they think that trailer is going to sell people on it? Yeah I think so.

Totally willing to be proven wrong.

Lmao it looked just like the persona 5 trailer did but with a bluehaired swordwielding fire emblem anime

Did people get this picky with that trailer too or is it just cause this has some vague relation to known dark and grim series fire emblem

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

it's just better put together

Oh yeah definitely, its just funny how many people are overreacting from a 90 second trailer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

My first impression is bad and what they said afterwards only reinforces it. They have plenty of time to make up for and endear me to it but that is the status of my current impression of the game and I think that's perfectly reasonable tbh

:agreed: :yeah:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Awesome! posted:

just got through the club nintendo gauntlet and got a tropical freeze code. now to figure out how to spend my 1200 coins. right now i am thinking doc louis punch out, yoshis island gba, super mario world, dillons rolling western last ranger and something else for 250 or less. already have the zeldas i want, earthbound, super metroid, mario golf... not sure what the last thing should be

Mario vs Donkey Kong, one of those ones

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

"Look at me, I'm a guy in a robe who looks vaguely like a jewish stereotype." That's Ganondorf. Ganon on the other hand is a giant loving pig monster with cool rear end tusks and he can teleport and poo poo. Ganondorf drools, Ganon rules.

This ganon's better

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

Dear Wii U Thread, please recommend me a good downloadable Wii U puzzle game apart from Pushmo World. TIA

Mario vs donkey kong tipping stars.

Since it's cross buy, you can get it for both wii u and 3ds at the same time and you can just sell or give out the 3DS code if you don't care about that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Overemotional Robot posted:

BestBuy is having a 20% off sale on the eshop cards in-store and online.

Got a link? Tried looking for it and I saw some sales but I didn't see any 20% off

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Give mike jones a goddamned trophy at least nintendo you fucks

please

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mK2SV7Dws

Nintendo c'mon give us mike jones

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

You know, Mike Jones. That guy who went around trying to save the world from zombies and aliens and attacked with a yo-yo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Y'know, the dude who had the submarine.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
He was good with a baseball bat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Finally

I was waiting for someone to link that dumb thing, and I couldn't think of anything else to say other than "Mike Jones gets ESP powers"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You know what would be cool instead of brand new open world zelda? Startropics 3.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked the boss designs in OoT, tho Zelda boss design seems to suffer in general from "Here's another thing with a large eyeball, go attack it" so it's cool when they deviate from that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BFC posted:

Barinade and Twinrova were fun designs but it had about as many eyeball bosses as the rest, not counting Skyward Sword.

Yea, Bongo Bongo rules but he's another eyeball boss. I like how the 3DS version of Majora's Mask turns all of the bosses into Eyeball bosses lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Eagerly awaiting Nintendo to try and make a moba at some point.

Retro Studios presents Heroes of Nintendoland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I'm glad for #WiggerWednesday

• Locked thread