Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Austrian mook posted:

That thread had some A grade meltdowns, it was a fun time.

You can't say this and not post quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Bring back Adventure Mode. There, solved the problem.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Geoff Keighley doesn't strike me as a "bro gamer", just a shill and douche when it comes to anything not "hardcore". Kind of like a Screwattack personality or something.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Miiverse After Dark

wow, mods???

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Champeenship posted:

- Game Freak have said that they didn't include the battle frontier intentionally, saying it was too big for kids or something. I doubt they would add it as DLC.

Godfuckingdamn you game freak

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I know why, but that doesn't stop me from hating it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
only a fool would own one or the other. real cute gamers go all the way

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
So, if I were to buy a game on the eshop right now, would that give me points?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Whew, bought SMG2 to take care of those 20 coins I needed for Platinum. I've been holding off on buying new games, but I might end up stocking coins before February.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
loving who was it that mentioned Other M, this is worse than playing video games in public chat

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Theta Zero posted:

They're probably going to do it in the style of Skyward Sword, cartoony like a diet Wind Waker but somewhat serious like Twilight Princess with a sprinkling of goofy here and there.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

deadwing posted:

i'm gonna go ahead and offer a counterpoint: don't vote for shantae

:agreed:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

TheHoosier posted:

The Wii U is awesome. Hyrule Warriors, the VC library, definitive version of Deus Ex Human Revolution if you don't have a PC, DK Tropical Freeze for tough platforming, Smash Bros...

I mean yeah if you don't like Nintendo games then don't bother. Otherwise it's amazing system hamstrung but an unfortunate gimmick. I love mine and now there's DS games you can play on it.

The gamepad is cool and makes the Wii U the perfect console for all making GBS threads related needs

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That's only because there are empty spaces on the bottom row with character portraits, there's no real reason

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
What was the last Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo home console? Crystal Chronicles?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I watched that sequelitis video too, didn't think it was that great if we're being honest

For the record, I do think OoT is overrated and Wind Waker is my favorite 3D Zelda, discounting LBTW, but bad? Nah

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Page 666 is looking to be an appropriately bad page

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Katana Gomai posted:

I hope they end up calling the NX the Wii New

They can call the second one the WiiNewer

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently there was gonna be a Wapeach and Daisy but Miyamoto said no

I heard Waluigi was going to be in Smash Bros but Miyamoto wouldn't allow it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm getting my info from the extremely reputable Waluigi article on Mario Wiki, please list your sources

Same guy who told me Waluigi was going to have his own video game until Miyamoto rebranded it as "Super Mario 3D Land"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
http://youtu.be/pjPOSKnOftA

I'm a squid kid

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

greatn posted:

I heard Geoff Keighley talk about this and somewhat warmed me over to his side. He was doing a thing about video games sponsored by some "gamer-adjacent" products. He got a lot of flack, but he brought up the point of "Would you rather I was sponsored by an actual video game company? Don't you think that would present a conflict of interest?"

... no?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I thought everyone hated Hope.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
if we can have baby pink gold peach it is certainly overdue for the good captain

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Am I alone in thinking the Mario Party 10 mini games loving suck

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I got Kid Icarus Online and now I'm sad because there won't even be a Kid Icarus Uprising 2.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Why is it called Devil's Third

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

raditts posted:

That Cosmo guy is terrible, I haven't watched the rest but there must not have been much competition for him to make it to the final.
When he spent like 3 solid minutes trying to grab a vine that had a sawblade hanging from it I was all like "JUMP ON THE TREADMILLS YOU GODDAMN DUNCE"

Keep in mind he was neck and neck with Arin "egoraptor" Hanson for a good portion of the Mario Kart round, the man who shat himself while playing Parodious.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Motto posted:

Miyamoto: Sony and Microsoft had many announcements of future titles that were not playable. VR lined the floor as a dream exhibit.

Guess he wasn't so impressed with the demonstration he got from Sony.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I was referring to when some goon posted a picture of Miyamoto at the Project Morpheus stand. I would hate to be the demonstration guy to look at his face if he didn't think it was cool.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Here's the video of a sixty-plus year old man totally freaking out at the Jim Henson production company. His reactions are probably akin to what most people would do if they were allowed inside Nintendo HQ themselves. :unsmith:

Miyamoto is the best.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

sharrrk posted:

how likely are they to put f-zero x or starfox 64 on the wii u eshop in the future. im sitting on 360 coins here and theres nothing left on here that i want that i dont already have but if i could eventually use these codes to get one of those games for cheap thatd be alright

you could be a good friend, and get earthbound for me :)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
no, but you could be one :)

i kid

mostly

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

sharrrk posted:

ok here you go: 3137-7080-2932-7133

i thought this was an earthbound code and i was like "wait no, i was joking"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
what kind of scrub do you take me for that i don't already own Grill-Off with Ultra Hand

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I had like 200 coins last month and I spent it on smash bros, then I found out I already had it. Still have that code if anyone wants it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Sent

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That's not a rumor that's an assumption.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That's still entirely speculation based off the Zelda release date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
WAIT THAT'S WHAT CHESTER REALLY LOOKS LIKE?!?!

• Locked thread