Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

Right, so we're at -1 so far. :v:

Here's the WIP list of good Wii games:
De Blob
De Blob 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Metroid Prime Trilogy
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Pikmin: New Play Control
Pikmin 2: New Play Control
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Xenoblade Chronicles

Might need to organize it in a way other than ABC. God dang I am going to have to find so many covers.

I'd also recommend Endless Ocean Blue World, Secret Files Tunguska, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut, Ultimate Shooting Collection, House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Ghost Squad, Jambo! Safari, A boy and his Blob, Rune Factory, Castle Shikigami 3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Trauma Team, Zack and Wiki, Kolona, Deadly Creatures, Mad World, and Domino Rally.

Allthough Twilight Princess most people prefer to play on the Gamecube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JordanKai posted:

Red Steel 2 is pretty fun but I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

It regularly goes on sale used for under 5 dollars. If you're really into motion controls you might be interested in it, but in the end motion controls were just a flash in the pan.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Someone forgot Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

Then again the game is impossible to find. So why tantalize?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Handsome Ralph posted:

Speaking of Xenoblade, count me as one of those people who would love to try it, but isn't willing to spend sixty bucks on a "used" game to just end up finding out that it's not my bag. Really wish Nintendo would do a digital release or something with it.

It's down to 40 bucks at Gamestop.

Fremry posted:

And we know how Nintendo fans are. Just because it's your favorite game in the world does not mean it's a generally well received game.

That would reduce the Wii-U games to maybe 2 or 3.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

gay skull posted:

That game does suck on Wii though, when it was great on DS - not to mention it did loving suck to be burned by the game coming out with the name "Second Opinion", which makes it sound like a sequel to the first game when it was just a port. That was a pretty bullshit move to pull.

yeah but Trauma Team has an entire 1/4th of the game dedicated to butt stuff. So getting the series on the Wii by any means was worth it.

It's even mentioned multiple times that the girl even comes from a long line of proud butt doctors. So Trauma Team is the best out of the three.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 20, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Strange Quark posted:

No, I'm pretty sure they're just ninjas.

Ninjas who learned the ways of proctology because everyone kept sitting on their swords.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

gay skull posted:

I'm pretty sure game series can jump from console to console without porting over one of the previous games.

I mean they could have at least called it "Trauma Center: Under the Knife: Wii Edition" or something, but gently caress me for thinking "Second Opinion" doesn't mean "Same loving game but with weird Wii controls"

Yeah I agree the name is confusing. Resident Evil 4 at least put Wii Edition on the label.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Don't go bashing Anubis and Ninja bread man. Those are my go to games for when I need an extra white DVD case for 25 cents.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

My favorite part about this was when people acted like this was some sort of "new low" for Nintendo.

What a special hobby we have.

Are people going to lose their poo poo over Bayonetta then? I mean hell they're funding 2.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

axleblaze posted:

I saw an article on IGN wishing that Splatoon was a platformer, because if there's anything Nintendo needs it's more platformers!

Well if it's a shooter and requires an online presence that's not the most ideal situation either. It would be great if they released specifics because this thing could easily wind up forgotten.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wanna know why people are going apeshit over Spaghetti-O cans just because they have Nintendo characters on them. People are hoarding them thinking they'll be worth something in years to come(well outside of the obvious lets eat a 20 year old can of spaghetti to see what happens)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Snake should have not eaten those mushrooms

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well a change of leadership and stuff is probably a cause for concern. I mean look how far Blizzard has fallen from grace after merging with activision and all their good people left. I mean yeah the company is still around but Diablo 3 is the only thing going for it since all their other games are poo poo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

If Reggie asked me to wear a dress, I probably would.

He would probably ask you to lay down and he would eat a bigfoot pizza off your dress.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

codenameFANGIO posted:

:lol:

Seriously Super Mario Galaxy is the best and I can't wait to do this poo poo all over again as Rosilina, the superior Mario Bro.

Eventual HD Remake :colbert:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gutcruncher posted:

No actually W101 is amazing and for everyone, but a copy sight unseen. Buy two.
I agree buy two

Because you'll break the first copy in a rage trying to draw the hammer under pressure, but the game will fail to recognize it while trying to get the pure platinum trophy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If they did a re-release and got rid of the pad drawing it probably would be a better game for it, since the majority of wii-U games have abandoned the pad for anything vital.

I don't think any of the big wii-u releases up to 2015 are going to use the second screen for anything major. It's like the DS's second screen being regulated to just maps and inventory.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Austrian mook posted:

I'm going to beat the poo poo out of you

It's honestly Platinum Weakest outside of Anarchy Reigns and Mad World. W101 can be beaten in a single sitting on the easiest difficulty it's not that long a game. Yeah it has a ton of style and the voice acting is top notch, but you have more quick time events than Tomb Raider or Call of Duty.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kaubocks posted:

looking forward to Bayo2 though

Yeah it looks good, but I'm not all that crazy about the first game being a digital download code instead of being on disc. I really don't like Nintendo's account shenanigans.

Artix posted:

Uh, what? If anything, W101 is too long, some of the later stages could really have stood to be about half as long as they actually are. It would be a perfect 10-15 hour experience, but it goes on for 20+ on any difficulties above the absolute easiest.

Yeah the harder difficulties, the enemies are damage sponges. Like Borderlands 2 Damage Sponges.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

This is how you tell someone hasn't actually played the game.

I skipped the cutscenes because that airship level was just too much with the Russian guy I just didn't care anymore. I switched it to very easy and would mash start each time someone started talking.

The Prologue only lasts 3 minutes if you skip everything.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Oh this is good then I shall use my coupons that I have been hoarding.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

So in that case you played the game on the easiest mode (which is literally "for little children" mode) and skipped every cutscene without touching any of the optional content or highest difficult levels (which alter the gameplay and unlock new characters and weapons) and said it was too short.

There are a lot of complaints to be made about W101 but the idea that it is too short because you skipped huge chunks of both gameplay and story is a pretty hollow complaint.

I said if you played on the easiest difficulty you can beat it in a single sitting. It would have been better if they had like an open world mode to use the powers because getting the bottlecaps and everything is more of a pain than the katamari games. There's a ton of the harder difficulty fights where the pad controls just cripple you because you keep having to redraw the command you want.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 22, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

If you're calling a ~12 hour game short because you can rush through it while skipping cutscenes on a setting specifically designed to not use the mechanics, yes, I'm going to assume you played it on that mode. It's also a remarkably dumb way to judge the actual length of a game. It's borderline going "hey, I saw a speedrunner finish this game in 3 hours, that means it is only 3 hours long!"

I kinda was referring to just the length of the main campaign itself not the overall game and everything. Like yeah you can always go back and collect everything which will increase the amount of time spent. But it's kinda like pre-patch Diablo 3 where if you're just playing the same acts over and over to just get everything it does become monotnious. It's like a real diamond in the rough type of game where it had a ton of interesting ideas, but the execution just never got there.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You know calling out who has the worst opinions on videogames does nothing but drive us apart. Unisoft has already claimed that Nintendo people have no intrest in playing popular games which is why they're not releasing most of their games on the console.

Brothers do not use your venomed words against each other, use them against the French.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

If you recently bought Wii U though I would highly recommend Zombi U because it is uh how do you say the poo poo that killed elvis

Zombi-U is nothing like a Fool's Gold Loaf. I'm sorry Kewpuh but you are dead wrong.

This is what true ambrosia looks like

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Zombi-U is like 10 dollars now, surely you can afford it now instead of pretending you hate it.

Bitch I bought it when it was 2 dollars at Toys r us.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I'm loling. Not because you think you made a joke but because you really are that poor.

I'm not poor........I'm cheap.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mercury Crusader posted:

Ubisoft won't release the next AssCreed game on the Wii U because somebody in this thread bought it for only $1.

But if you think about it you're getting U-play at like 50 cents.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

katkillad2 posted:

I don't know what other reaction people expect except who gives a poo poo. If I posted in the PS4/Xbone thread about how they aren't getting the next Zelda I'm sure many angry/sarcastic posts about how nobody gives a poo poo would follow.

Except that Zelda isn't a multiplatform game and it's expected that consoles will lose sales to exclusives by default.

But the fact remains that Nintendo is a better company with the support than without.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They should have called the Wii-U the Nintendo 7 (N7) so that it could Shepard in a massive new era of gaming to some effect.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Quest For Glory II posted:

Wii U Discussion - Don't Rehash the Same Bullshit Over and Over Here

to be fair with Smash brothers regulated to it's own thread you have only like Captain Toad and Bayonetta 2 coming out before 2015. There's not a whole lot to discuss.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chaltab posted:

though it is a bit puzzling that Platinum's Legend of Korra is skipping Wii U when it's coming to last gen systems.

C'mon man that's just mean, why would you want platinum to release a third game on the Wii-U that nobody buys?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chaltab posted:

Third? Platinum's only released one Wii U game so far right?

You don't need a Crystal ball to predict Bayonetta 2.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gutcruncher posted:

The 3rd Wii will be called Wiii. 4th, Wiiii and so on. They planned on that with the second Wii but ya know, Wii.

No the 4th Wii will be called the Wiv.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

Dynasty Warriors games are very good if you want a Dynasty Warriors games. Combat isn't super deep and objectives are all fairly similar but if you want a game where you kill tons of dudes, Dynasty Warriors is the game for you.

I say Diablo 3 is better for the tons of dudes killing because they explode in a spectacular fashion. Dynasty Warriors enemies are like pounding sections of sand that you cut off.

Chaltab posted:

Also holy poo poo Wonderful 101, what do I have to do to satisfy your Platinum medal requirements? I take as little as 350 damage and it still drops me to a gold medal.

Buy all the upgrades and switch them out for every mission because stuff can be pretty specific. I know for the first big boss the upgrades can make it trivial because health regen and combos can break the game with the wonderliner.

Also always save the space veggies and only use them to make credit cards.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 25, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I can't even think of a Gamecube game other than the Zelda Bonus discs, Fire Emblem and Now Useless Pokémon Box which is a 70 dollar coaster that hasn't fallen in price.

Even stuff like Cubivore was going for around 40 bucks. I mean by the time they start pricing cube games there's a real good chance you could probably get physical discs for the same price or cheaper.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Truxton posted:

Gotcha Force's asking price loving skyrocketed in the past few years. I don't know if some Youtube superstar LP'd it or if there was just crazy word-of-mouth in the past 5 years but back in 2009 I got a sealed copy for $25 plus shipping. Now if you want an unopened copy it's loving Panzer Dragoon Saga US version prices. Used copies still go for silly prices, checking Amazon and eBay.

It's because Capcom made it in low numbers because it really wasn't that great of a game. It was a game made specifically for children IIRC.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 25, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've waited twenty years to get even with that chuckling mongrel. It better not be a fake :toughguy:.

Get in Line I got the Kill Screen to Duck Hunt twice and both times I had no idea what a kill screen was at the time. The dog has no other actions other than catching and laughing, he never congratulates you.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
F-Zero didn't die it just merged with the Mario Onmiverse.

Any word on battle Mode though, they really need to fix that because Moomoo farms is the only one that's barely passable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Macaluso posted:

And Tropical Freeze.

I bet it would be Candy Kong DLC since they bothered making an entirely new rendition for that smash trophy that's not present in any other game.

• Locked thread