Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Recent News Tidbit: N/A

oh god the OP is so out of date help

See also: Nintendo Network ID thread / Amiibo Thread / 3DS Thread
And check out the eShop Thread because this guy is super good at keeping up-to-date with both the NA and PAL eShops.

This Post Contains: Ongoing Deals, Games
The Second Post Contains: Extended Information on Games
The Third Post Contains: Other Nonsense
If I'm not updating this thread or some details are wildly out of date for some other reason, PM the heck out of me!

For all your consumer needs, the Ongoing Deals section is right here at the tippy-top of the OP. Here, you'll find various deals, like the cheapest bundles, price drops of recommended games on the eShop, and whatever promotions are going on at the time.

(The right SKU for you - and other hardware selections.)
Last updated: April 11th, 2015

[NA] The Refurbished Wii U - $200
This is just about the cheapest way to get yourself a Wii U that's reliable and comes with a warranty (but it's only in North America, unfortunately). Nintendo's refurbished systems are good-as-new, and they come with Nintendoland. While this set lacks the charging dock and Gamepad stand that comes with most bundles, the dock can be purchased cheap elsewhere. Even though the site description says that you cannot get Club Nintendo coins from registering your Wii U, there's a chance that you actually might, though this is entirely dependent on whether or not the previous owner registered their system. It's not always in supply, however, so the wait can be a little variable.

[NA] The Refurbished Wii U + Super Mario 3D World - $225
An even better deal than the above refurbished unit, with Super Mario 3D World stacked on top for less than half its retail price.

[UK] A few ShopTo deals!

[NA] Refurbished Wii Remote Plus w/ Nunchuck - $25
This'll save you a heck a lot of money on Wii Remotes. Has the quality of Nintendo-refurbished products, comes with the full Motion Plus functionality and a Nunchuck. If you want Wii remotes, this is a good way to get them.

(And other ways to save on software.)
Last Updated: March 7th, 2015 (If this is more than a week out of date, then there's a very good chance this list isn't too reliable.)

[NA] Official NA Price Drop listing (Just in case I'm not keeping up.)

[NA] Refurbished Games - Currently, Mario Kart 8 (with a wii remote plus), Super Mario 3D World, and New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U can all be found here for a bit cheaper than you would find them elsewhere.

[UK] Amazon UK and ShopTo currently have a whole host of deals on various games, several of which are recommended exclusives! Even though the prices no longer match up with the numbers in the post, they're still significantly cheaper than the MSRP for the specified games.

If you live in the U.S., it may be a good idea to buy some of your first-party Nintendo games from Amazon, since games like Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and New Super Mario Bros. U can be found for a little cheaper than usual, there.

Upgrading your Wii Virtual Console games: If you've transferred your Wii data to your Wii U, you can purchase any NES or SNES games that you previously purchased on the Wii Shop Channel for a discount. $1.00 for NES games, $1.50 for SNES games. Of course, you don't have to upgrade in order to play these games from the virtual Wii Menu, and you can still play them from the Wii Menu afterward. Upgrading just gives you the functionality of the Wii U's NES/SNES VC.

The Wii U Digital Deluxe Promotion is over, but you may still have points that you haven't redeemed - this comes with all Deluxe Wii U consoles (which, if you buy refurbished from Nintendo or new, is what you're getting). Here are the details:
  • Activation codes earned must be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop by the end of June 2015.
  • There is no deadline to use funds once added to your balance in the Nintendo eShop.
  • Funds can be used for Wii U or 3DS purchases.

Games with threads:
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin
Platinum Games (The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2)
Sonic Boom
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. [Imp Zone]
The Legend of Zelda
The Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Retail:

Digital:

Splatoon - May 29, 2015

Armikrog - Early 2015
Badland - June 2015
Beatbuddy - Spring 2015
Dungeons & Robots - Q1 2015
RIVE - Q1 2015
StarWhal: Just the Tip - Q1 2015
Yoshi's Woolly World - June 23 (PAL), 2015 (NA)
Adventures of Pip - May 2015
Runbow - June 2015
Mario Maker - September 2015
The Legend of Zelda - 2016
Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015
Project CARS - 2015

Art Academy U - TBA 2015
Assault Android Cactus - TBA 2015
Devil's Third - TBA 2015
The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup - TBA 2015

A.N.N.E. - TBD
Blast'Em Bunnies - TBD
FAST Racing Neo - TBD
QUBE: Director's Cut - TBD

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Looking for more? You should be able to find somethin' you like here.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 21, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Things That Are Specific or Complex and We're Really Likely to End Up Forgetting

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 20, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Chronojam posted:

Stuff about DDP and VC
Can't believe I didn't think about listing the DDP. I've added that and the VC upgrade details to the OP.

I Watson posted:

Yo, if you're a total weirdo like me and are wondering when a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Supreme Anime Farming game might come out for Wii U... well, keep holding your breath because Marvelous currently has "no plans" for a console game in either series at this time. Natsume has recently hijacked the Harvest Moon ship in name after a change in localizers for the series though, so they may take it upon themselves to make a title for the system on their own. I'll change this post if any news pops up to the contrary.
Yeah, considering that Natsume actually cares about the system to some degree (however slight), I'll hold out hope that we'll see a farmy-sim game on the system, especially since it's got potential for both the convenience of a touch-screen handheld title and the visuals of an HD title.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Also, this should be somewhere in the OP:

Every single line break is that image

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Yeah, the game has some great levels at the end, so I'd definitely recommend finishing it. I don't disagree about the B.S. it throws at you with certain kong letters or, even worse, puzzle pieces. I'll never forget that stupid puzzle piece on that one windmill.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Artix posted:

Puzzle pieces don't matter though. You could beat the entire game 101% and never pick up a single puzzle piece.

I hope you are not seriously telling me that neither gold medals nor puzzle pieces count for full "100%" completion of the game. Not because I think you are wrong, but because, if true, that would be very very very dumb.

fake edit: To clarify, I know I don't need puzzle pieces to unlock levels, ever. My main point of contention would be them not contributing to the actual completion percent for the game.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Sitting Bull posted:

Is Mario 3d better than Mario 64? Haven't played a Mario game since 64. Never played WW either so I may just get that.
I'm not sure I'd use the term "better" but I'd certainly say it's different enough to justify suggesting it to you wholeheartedly.

Artix posted:

Nope. Puzzle pieces only unlock concept art (and a diorama if you collect enough of them in each world) and gold medals are purely for bragging rights. Only thing that matters for completion percentage is getting KONG and beating all the levels (and hard mode, which lets you go all the way up to 201% :getin:).
Man what the heck :mad:

Silver Striker posted:

I'm pretty sure this one requires Dixie. From what I remember it was a right below one of those platforms you can pass through (over a bottomless pit, of course), and it looked like the only way to get it was to grab it from below and then double jump.
Which level? And you're aware that you can jump out of a roll in mid-air, yeah?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Any ideas on how big Captain Toad's gonna be? I remember hearing a few people say it was only going to be like... 20 levels long and that seems absurdly short.

Nobody has any source for how long the game's going to be, beyond Nintendo's word. We've seen screenshots/footage of, I believe, 9 levels. And we've been told that we've only seen a little bit of the content in the game.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
It was previously only listed as a thread, I neglected to list it under the upcoming. In addition to adding X, I've added Devil's Third to the TBA 2014 section, and I've listed Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon, and Mario Maker all as "First Half of 2015."

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Artix posted:

It's in World 5 (I want to say 5-4), I know exactly what level he's talking about because it is possibly my absolute least favorite level in the entire goddamn game because of that G. It might be possible if you time a roll jump absolutely perfectly from the left, go under and get the G, then jump up and make it to solid ground, but I'm like 95% certain you need Dixie to do it.
I just did it twice, two different ways. One way I did it was, as you said, a roll-jump from the left, which really wasn't that tough to make. I even made it into the "water," rather than hitting the spikes just before. The other way I did was a little more elaborate: I situated myself on the platform so that I was above the G, then I jumped as the spiky fruit hit me. The stun left me in place long enough to collect the piece as it flipped to the top, and the jump kept me in mid-air long enough to land safely.

Chronojam posted:

Might it be worth listing good Wii games in a second post for people who skipped over the past console? That's another semi-common question from the last thread.
I'll get right on that. How many people will be upset if I put Skyward Sword on there?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Gandalf21 posted:

I'll be upset if you don't, Skyward Sword is awesome :colbert:
Right, so we're at -1 so far. :v:

Here's the WIP list of good Wii games:
De Blob
De Blob 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Metroid Prime Trilogy
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Pikmin: New Play Control
Pikmin 2: New Play Control
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Xenoblade Chronicles

Might need to organize it in a way other than ABC. God dang I am going to have to find so many covers.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Is DeBlob actually a game worth checking out? It always looked like lame generic mascot platformer garbage to me.
Well, I'm going to be a big dummy and basically contradict a whole bunch of people, I guess - I liked De Blob 2 quite a bit, and I preferred it over the first. For me, DB2 had a more interesting soundtrack, more interesting ideas, and more interesting level design. Another thing it stood out as was daring to be a remotely decent 3D platformer, which not a lot of developers have the balls for, anymore (though it did do what every other 3D platformer at the time did, and go 2D/3D hybrid). I also, somehow, didn't find the shake-to-jump as excruciating as other people here mention. It's not like DKCR was for me, where I'd do time trials and be shaking my arm almost non-stop for 20-40 minutes at a time.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Throw one of the Trauma Centers on that list, whichever you prefer.
I'll do both, since I never played either one. I'll also throw in Punch Out!!, Little King's Story, and The Last Story. It's likely that I'll be presenting all of these games in a tile format similar to the Wii U recommended.

...Which, again, means that I'm going to have to collect an absolutely massive amount of covers. If anyone has any ideas for how to make that task less horrifically tedious, I'd love to hear it.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

CatsPajamas posted:

Or maybe Ubisoft Montpellier is where Ubisoft keeps all their cool employees.
Considering that was the team where Michel Ancel spent a lot of his time, I think this would be safe to assume.

pokeyman posted:

Depending on how handy you are with scripting you could hit up TheGamesDB and their API.
Was able to get a link to GameTDB from someone which has every single Wii cover in a .zip - that's all I need to make this process go nice and quick. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Spacebump posted:

These games should probably be added. I would also consider adding Mario Super Sluggers and Mario Strikers Charged.
Part of me really doesn't want to add them, but the other part of me is asking why not, because I really enjoyed both of those games.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

noirstronaut posted:

They're great games, you rear end
:mad:

Here's a quick look at what the Recommended Wii Games will look like:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=20252

Feel free to let me know if you see something that makes you want to, like, blow homeless shelters up or set fire to daycares or something.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 20, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'd also recommend Endless Ocean Blue World, Secret Files Tunguska, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut, Ultimate Shooting Collection, House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Ghost Squad, Jambo! Safari, A boy and his Blob, Rune Factory, Castle Shikigami 3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Trauma Team, Zack and Wiki, Kolona, Deadly Creatures, Mad World, and Domino Rally.

Allthough Twilight Princess most people prefer to play on the Gamecube.

Hoo boy! I don't wanna' get too crazy, here, though I've already added some of those, and I prepared for multiple of those to be requested (Endless Ocean, A Boy and His Blob, Deadly Creatures, Klonoa, Zack and Wiki). I've heard good things specifically about House of the Dead: Overkill, I believe? And I'm trying to remember which Rune Factory on the Wii is the good one. I'm 90% sure it's Frontier, but it may have been Tides of Destiny. Don't remember. Where's that other goon who really likes RF???

Commissar Ken posted:

Throw Red Steel 2 or NMH1 on there to even that list out.
I don't think I'd recommend the first NMH too much. Knowing what I know of Red Steel, is the sequel actually that decent?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

ChaosArgate posted:

Edit: I'm looking at that list and I think you could get away with dropping Metroid Prime 3 from it since you have the trilogy right next to it, and I'm just curious why NSMBWii and Brawl aren't on that list.
The major reason NSMBWii and Brawl aren't on there is because, were I to recommend "more NSMB" for someone, I would recommend the first game. As for Brawl, the only major reason for me to recommend it would be online play, and, well...

Holy hell, you people are way too fast for me. The reason this list exists is for people who didn't own a Wii or otherwise missed the vast majority of the quality titles on the system. If I pump it up with way too many things, then the list looks overwhelming.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Recently enough to know that it feels significantly less repetitive than its Wii brother, if only by virtue of having some more interesting power-ups.
edit: But apparently I am wrong, so

The Taint Reaper posted:

That would reduce the Wii-U games to maybe 2 or 3.
This simply isn't true. Every single retail game scores above a 75 on Metacritic. Over half of them score 80 or higher. I guess if you made it so "90" was "generally well-received," then yes, you'd only have 2 games, but that would be mind-numbingly stupid.

edit:

Saoshyant posted:

List no more than ten games, those everyone deem universally good, then say something "Looking for more, check this list" and link to something like this or similar.
Did not see this before. This sounds like a good idea, so I think I will do it. I may list 15 for good measure.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 20, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Racking my brain for how to approach the list of 10-15. For a list of 10-15 key games on the Wii, I'd rather stick to games that can't be found elsewhere, or are superior in some way on the system. As a jumping-off point, I'll use Metacritic, although I am aware that it is dumb. I'll also be taking out games that rely too heavily on their online play to be enjoyable, as you straight-up cannot play online Wii games anymore without a lot of extraneous stuff.
(Also, if someone REALLY wants more NSMB, NSMBW really does not need a recommendation, seriously.)

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • (Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, some people swear by this version)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
  • Little King's Story
  • Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
  • LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Boom Blox (Bash Party)
  • Fluidity
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

And we'll work from here, until we can at least sort of agree on the list. The benefit of starting this way is that the list isn't absolutely flooded with platformers, as it would be if I used my own opinions as a jumping-off point.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

axleblaze posted:

Oh for fucks sake, just let him post a drat list in the OP. We will all be able to live perfectly happy lives if the OP doesn't contain some games we like or includes some games we don't like. No matter what's on the list people are just gonna come in every 10-20 pages or so asking for Wii game recommendations anyways.

I have already posted a list in the OP, it contains ten games and I just do not care. :cool: It's real basic, if people want more niche titles or a greater variety then everyone's gonna' love recommending old games to people anyway, so I think just sticking to simple things that people with NO knowledge of the Wii's library can just jump right into would be good.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

My favorite part about this was when people acted like this was some sort of "new low" for Nintendo.

What a special hobby we have.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

RyokoTK posted:

It's maybe not a new low for Nintendo or anything, but it is kinda disappointing.

Disappointing that we got alt costumes based on her game complete outfits from Fusion and Zero Mission?

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 21, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

absolutely anything posted:

Oh yeah well explain this nerdo!!

Walking animations in old games are so entertaining.

edit: I would totally call all of you big megadorks and say that Metroid doesn't really have much in the way of canon, but then one of you would be like "Yeah she does, you moron, it's on her right arm!" or something equally silly.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 21, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Are people going to lose their poo poo over Bayonetta then? I mean hell they're funding 2.

Well, people definitely got upset over Bayonetta 2 being funded by Nintendo, but I think those reasons were entirely different....

In any case, for anyone who was actually interested in it, Cubemen 2 finally has a release date (Sept. 4, 2014), so that's been added to the OP. In addition, Disney Infinity will be free to download on the eShop, starting today. You'll still need a figure and base to play of course, but at least now you only have to pay for the horrifically overpriced figures instead of both the horrifically overpriced figures and game.

edit: Also, for the first time (I think), we've got a third party including level sharing via Miiverse on the Wii U, so that's really neat to see someone other than Nintendo taking advantage of that!

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 21, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Tender Bender posted:

Is there anything else out there similar to the Zelda minigame in Nintendo Land? Neither my mom nor my girlfriend ever play games but they both loving love chopping up pigs in that minigame, and it's kind of a bummer to reach the last level. With the Wii remote style of motion controls having fizzled out I doubt a full sequel game or any similar kind of swordy game will be coming out. I would seriously buy DLC levels for that thing.

Skyward Sword and (I think) Wii Sports Resort use the same type of controls for their swordplay, but other than that, I'm not sure what game combines that control scheme with an on-rails type of action.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Wild Knight posted:

poo poo, really? I've kinda always wanted to get in on this because my fiancee and I both love Disney, but it's way more expensive than most video game hobbying.

I guess the question here is can you even get the base separately? I've never seen it separate from the game.

Actually, I'm pretty darn sure you can get the base separately.

That said, it does look like the 1.0 and 2.0 bases will have slightly different functionalities, but a rep claimed that there will be a retail solution for those with the 1.0 base.

edit: Not to mention that I'd imagine they'll start making 2.0 bases available separately soon enough.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Crawfish posted:

It didn't happen with Mario Kart 8, but who cares.
I don't know about you, but I straight-up did not care about MK8 when it was announced, and then I actually saw it in person and got really excited.

Also, they didn't announce 3D World "super early," they announced it less than half a year before release.
edit: actually, TF was technically announced the same time as 3D World and was MEANT to be released at the same time, though it ended up coming 2-3 months later. Still significantly less than a year between announcement and release.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 21, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
While I don't have it listed under the recommended games because I don't think it should be, I feel it's worth noting that Abyss is a pretty decent buy if you're into arcade-y games based around precise, careful movement like Lunar Lander.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I still think a Wario game in the style of Mario Sunshine would be really rad. You wouldn't have the game breaking jetpack but you'd have all the Wario Land moves and being lit on fire or turning into a zombie, etc. And use those powers to traverse to collect stars.
I'm guessing another qualification would be "Not being bad like Wario World"?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Help Im Alive posted:

It'd be cool but they could make that same game, replace Wario with Mario and it'd sell triple the amount of copies
"Triple" would be an understatement.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I feel like if we get another Mario game for Wii U it will be Mario 3D World 2.
That's very likely not going to be the case. Besides that, what on earth makes you think that they'd aim for non-linear level design for Wario if they wouldn't do it for Mario? Did you play the last few Wario games?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Sure, I can agree with that. In general, I'd like Nintendo to allow one of their external devs to approach 3D platforming again. I guess they just don't wanna' 'cause the genre's considered "niche" nowadays if your box doesn't have Mario or Sonic on it, and it requires a pretty decent amount of time and money to make a good-sized 3D platformer that isn't filled to the brim with padding while also controlling well and so on and so forth.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Fremry posted:

When did they say this?
No explicit statement, but there's this and also my hope that their Tokyo division wouldn't be horrifyingly unoriginal enough to do a sequel to a sequel for a 3D Mario.
edit: If someone points out captain toad then you are dumb because that form of gameplay did not appear in 3D Land

Astro7x posted:

Wonder if I can snag some Club Nintendo coins for downloading Disney Infinity even though I don't have any figures
I'd bet you could, plenty of free downloads get you at least 5 or 10 coins.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 21, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Trent posted:

Does anyone know if any of these are any good?

Abyss:

Ultigonio posted:

While I don't have it listed under the recommended games because I don't think it should be, I feel it's worth noting that Abyss is a pretty decent buy if you're into arcade-y games based around precise, careful movement like Lunar Lander.

And also Nano Assault Neo.

Do not buy Aeterno Blade.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Commissar Ken posted:

I wanna hear his "Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!" now.

Oh my god I can hear it in my head, please get it out

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Aaaauuugh you just reminded me that I may have let some of my surveys expire, turned out I let over 100 coins worth disappear.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Nano assault neo is pretty and has some cool music but it has loving no content at all. Four levels, like a dozen enemy types, incredibly basic bosses. It's poo poo to do for like half an hour and then you're done.

Don't buy it expecting super stardust, it's barebones as hell.

Hour and a half, but yeah. It's replayable but maaaaan is there not a lot to play.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
SMG2's "final" level is better.

PoshAlligator posted:

Well, who was buying Call of Duty on the Wii U anyway?

And so there it is, the exact reason the game's not coming to the system.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Finally got my hands on All Stars Mario, and am I mistaken or was the whole "hold down the jump button for extra height on bounce" mechanic only introduced in Super Mario bros 3?
It was introduced in the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
I'm pretty sure everything causes Elf Help Book to foam at the mouth, just certain things somewhat moreso

Kaubocks posted:

Man I'm so glad this game is happening. Sometimes I feel like the only person who loved Canvas Curse. :shobon:
Nintendo's E3 presentation was basically everything I wanted and more. I remembered thinking to myself, "Man, they could totally do an HD game in the style of Canvas Curse with the Wii U! But they won't do that." And then they did.

I would also like to second that JordanKai's av is mega cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Since it sounds like you'd be able to have two players with some degree of regularity, I would personally recommend Pikmin 3 and possibly Nintendo Land.

• Locked thread