Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that it will follow the class 8-8 level structure, maybe with a bonus world or two afterwards.

E: Whoever payed real life money for this avatar, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Well I guess I really am the big idiot then. :shrug:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

axleblaze posted:

There have been some recent Sonic games that were in fact very good.

I can't speak for CoD but it's fanbase seems to like it fine.

Lost World was not a good game.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not too interested in Splatoon because multiplayer arena shooters aren't my favorite thing in the world, but I am eager to see what the single player mode will be like. That will be the deciding factor for me as to whether I buy it or not.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
If the Duck Hunt Amiibo isn't laughing I'm going to be SO MAD.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
It's starting.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
This game looks really loving rad.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I finally got around to playing Mario Kart 8 and I just wanted to let you all know that it was super fun, an absolute blast to play, and actually makes the Mario world feel more like an actual cohesive world more than any other Mario game I've played, (barring the rpgs of course). If any of you have a Wii U and haven't played this game yet then y'all should get off yer butts and get to it!

The only thing I was disappointed with was the lack of any sort of event mode, or any "boss battles" like Mario Kart DS had.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Luigi's spin jump can reach the head and hurt Hisstocrat without even jumping off the other dudes.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I went out and bought Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze because I'm hearing from literally everywhere that it's pretty much the best thing ever, and it turns out I'm loving terrible at it. I died 6 times on the first boss, the roller coaster level took my 14 tries to get all the KONG pieces, and I still haven't gotten the last puzzle piece, which I'm convinced will unlock the level directly north to it on the map. Is this just a really loving hard game or am I the problem?

Also sometimes when I jump on enemies I bounce really high and other times I hardly bounce at all, what's up with that? I initially thought it was pressing jump when I hit them, but whenever I try and do it that it doesn't seem to work.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks a bunch guys, I used the jumping advice to get that last puzzle piece. I do think I'll be enjoying the game more now that I understand the bouncing mechanic.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Do the number of stars by your character actually do anything or is it just an indicator of how many KO's you've done?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Bayonetta is most definitely included in with Bayonetta 2 as it's own separate disc in America. It was confirmed by Nintendo of America after several weeks of confusion. I'd provide a link to the statement but I'm mobile and copy and pasting links is a real hassle.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Sunshine was the worst because you can't do a running slide jump

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Ultigonio posted:

Wait, what? Are you talking about the long jump? Because long-jumping and slide-jumping pretty different, and Sunshine definitely has lots of sliding and jumping if you're playing it the right way.

Mario 64 style where you run and then crouch and launch into a big huge jump from that. I don't know what the specific term for it is.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm starting to think i want a Wii U.

Pre-owned games are cheap as dirt over here at the moment and it does have the best next-gen exclusives but the future of the console is murky as gently caress.

Recent releases like Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 don't really interest me because hack and slash bores the gently caress out of me after 5 minutes.

I'm conflicted as gently caress about this console.

Well what kind of games DO you like?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
If platformers are your game then you need a Wii U.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Sire Oblivion posted:

They help him drat you, he doesn't force them to do anything and he gives them the balls to survive. But god drat you let one die and it's soul crushing.

He grabs then by their heads and throws then into the open mouths and clutching talons of hungry monsters.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

Actually anyone who buys a Warriors game despite disliking the warriors franchise is dumb and deserves to lose their money

Yeah but not everyone has played & knows whether or not like like Warriors style games.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Mewtwo is dlc that you can get for free by buying both versions of the game.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
How does Bayonetta stack up against Wonderful 101?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
How rad would it be if you could a plug in a Mario Amiibo in the Captain Toad game and just trounce through all the levels kicking everything's rear end jumping around and being outrageously italian

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm gonna get the Link and Mario and maybe Yoshi Amiibos because they're useful in the most games. And then I'm gonna get the Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede Amiibos for the heck of it, and then probably any one-off ones they make as well.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Any word on how long it's going to be?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
It's starting

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Majoras Mask 3DS confirmed

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I swear I just saw Captain Toad going through some regular Mario 3D World levels

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
F-Zero Mario Kart stage looks loving sick

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
That Samus suit looks sick and now I'm gonna have to get that Samus Amiibo

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I've been saying sick a lot in these last few posts but Kirby & The Rainbow Curse multiplayer looks sick as well

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
HD Duck Hunt is adorable

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
5 bucks for the three pikmin movies, 3D on 3DS, HD in Wii U

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Completing quests such as: hunting naked creatures

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like we're seeing some info on the Splatoon singleplayer mode, maybe???

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Haha, the thumbnail for the Mario kart 8 amiibo trailer is the Captain Falcon Mii, they're just rubbing it in now.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Mario Kart 8 again proving to be the best Mario Kart by having three Rainbow Road's

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm gonna buy a ton of amiibos because they're sweet.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I hope they have Splatoon amiibos cause I want a little squid kid on my desk

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I just realized that Nintendo is totally probably gonna give out free amiibos at official events, perhaps even exclusive ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I have US club Nintendo and it's not showing up for me.

• Locked thread