Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Little Kings Story not on that list or suggested yet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Nobody is going to read the OP anyways. It slowly drove the last thread's OP creator into a very dark place, never to be heard from again.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I don't know guys I'm really bummed I can't play Call of Duty on my Wii U. I guess I'll just have to settle for Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Yoshi Yarn, Xenoblade X and a new Zelda eventually.

What a lovely console I have purchased. Maybe I should trade it in for an Xbox One so I can shoot mans.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Alteisen posted:

And someone could very easily counter this post with poo poo like Sunset Overdrive, the Master Chief collection, K1 Season 2 and Scalebound. :shrug:

Wow you're right, hard countered here.

Fremry posted:

Activision not releasing it's biggest game of the year on the Wii U does not bode well for Nintendo's financial future.

I don't know what other reaction people expect except who gives a poo poo. If I posted in the PS4/Xbone thread about how they aren't getting the next Zelda I'm sure many angry/sarcastic posts about how nobody gives a poo poo would follow.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Alteisen posted:

I'm glad that no matter how much time passes, how many consoles we go through, Nintendo fans being the biggest defensive babies has not changed.

It's also funny that no matter how much time passes, people who own Nintendo products can't say anything good without being called a Nintendo fanboy or say anything against what someone else says without being called a defensive baby.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I dunno if this guy has some kind of troll history but he's making some really uncontroversial statements and y'all are working yourselves into a frenzy over it. "Nintendo not getting a top-selling game means they will make less money", cue pages of "Who cares get out of here stupid numbers troll".

Anyway I've never bought a call of duty game and don't intend to but the gamepad is really sweet for aiming in a way that joysticks never were so that presumably would've been fun for some Wii U CoD fans

Those 20-30k copies they are going to miss out on are really going to break Nintendo for good. As pointed out several times, his follow up comments up for discussion have been discussed to oblivion and there's another thread specifically to talk about those things.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Fremry posted:

Honestly, there's not nearly enough news to keep this thread going on a daily basis. (Please don't attack me) As has been noted, we're pretty much relegated to first-party news which happens every 2 weeks to 3 months because of the lack of third party support, so we have Nintendo first party news, updates for the eShop, updates of club nintendo and rehashing the same discussions about the games that are already out.

(Again, please do not attack me)

This thread isn't a Wii U news only thread. Funny you complaining about rehashing the same discussions when "no third party support is Wii U in financial trouble" has to be the most talked to death topic in the thread. It's like 12 hours later and you wont let this go.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

http://www.twitch.tv/gamexplain is streaming it right now... Game looks visually impressive compared to the other Dynasty Warrior games I've played. :stare:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

$6.75 for Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara seems like a pretty sweet deal, glad I waited on that one.

Has anyone in here played The Fall yet and can you give a brief review? Watched the trailer and it looked kind of interesting.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

As mentioned above, the combat is farthest from shallow as you can possibly get. The fact that it's not a button masher is part of the draw to the game.

I pre-ordered a Link Amiibu, I'm not entirely sold on the concept but I figured it would be good to have one to mess around with and see how it works.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Morby posted:

Side note, my gf wants to get me a 3DS for my birthday next month. Is there any reason to wait for the New 3DS? I understand there will be some hardware changes and stuff like Xenoblade will only work on it, but are there any other compelling reasons to wait?

There are going to be N3DS only games, it sounds like a pretty substantial hardware upgrade, it has a nub to maybe replace the need for a circle pad pro and the 3D view is going to be much better.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I feel like Skyward Sword had the best last boss fight and ending of any Zelda game, but for someone new to Zelda I would also suggest Windwaker. If you enjoy that, then try the other Zelda games.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone either sell me on or tell me to avoid Steamworld Dig which I just saw featured prominently on the eShop. My kneejerk reaction is to avoid because it mentions "randomly generated levels" and makes me think of Spelunky which I don't care for, but I thought I'd seek more knowledgeable opinions.

It's nothing like Spelunky, you dig and get resources/items to help you dig longer and more efficiently. There are a few boss fights... I don't think I'm doing the game justice as I really enjoyed it, some people think the game is too short. If I remember right I was around 4-5 hours, but if you just dig straight down you can probably finish it in 2 hours. The 3DS version didn't have much replay value, not sure if they added anything to the Wii U version.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

If I'm a scumbag who didn't enjoy W101 I'm probably not going to like Bayo 2 either am I?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

It's really bumming me out that Capcom hasn't announced Monster Hunter Ultimate 4 for the Wii U. Part of me wants to believe they just want to sell a billion copies on the 3DS first, but even if it were coming to Wii U we probably wouldn't get it until 2016 :smith:. I just can't imagine putting 100-200 hours into a game on the 3DS, there are just some games I would never play on a handheld and Monster Hunter is one of those games.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

lokipunk posted:

So, I decided to finally pick up a WiiU before I spent all of my leftover from vacation cash on dumb poo poo like groceries. I ordered a refurb on Monday night and it still says "order processing" on the site. I even payed out for the extra overnight shipping because I wanted to make sure it arrived by Friday. Anyone have any experience like this? I assume I just need to call up nintendo service with my order number but hours at work are going to prevent me from that until tonight at least.

So you ordered on Monday, paid for overnight shipping and it's now going to be Friday and still not there? Yea I would definitely call and at the very least have them refund your shipping, Nintendo customer service is pretty good for the most part so maybe they will do something extra on top.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I've got most of the games they offer, so I would like a stuffed Yoshi.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Chronojam posted:

Is this guy being serious or doing a really good parody?

Same person who claimed you needed to be a Nintendo expert to take advantage of the digital deluxe promotion and claimed Nintendo was trying to hide it from people.

At this point I think they are successfully trolling.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Fremry posted:

Also, I don't know if I just didn't notice it before, but ddp.nintendo.com has a big disclaimer at the top saying that the promotion ends December 31, 2014. I know that this has already been talked about, but people were wondering if Nintendo was going to extend it into 2015.

I'm going to assume that with such a prominent banner on the site, the promotion is not going to be extended.

I was also hoping they would extend it, someone is going to throw a huge fit about the expiration this December even though that's been the date since the Wii U was released.

After I buy Costume Quest 2 that will put me at $30 in rewards back, I never planned on going digital but assumed there would be more $10-$15 titles. Too bad the Wii U eshop is finally getting better when the promotion is ending.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I feel like we are overdue for a buy 2 get 1 free deal so I'm going to hold off on the free Amiibo deal as well.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

There are games I don't like playing on handhelds, Smash Bros and Monster Hunter are some of them. Anything that requires or is better with precision controls I don't want to play on a handheld basically. Which is why I'm really going to be disappointed if the next Monster Hunter game isn't on the Wii U.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

MaxDuo posted:

I really dislike that the Link figure will have a special use in Hyrule Warriors. It makes me afraid that they will indeed tie the amiibos to only the games they are in.

Aren't a bunch of non-mario characters going to be DLC in Mario Kart?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

My first night with my Wii U has been spent with the system update download repeatedly failing at various points for no reason despite the console being 6 feet away from my router.

Way to go Nintendo.

How old is your router? Do you live in a big apartment building?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Don't remember seeing it mentioned, but there is a SSB 3 poster set on Club Nintendo NA for 700 coins.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Wasn't Costume Quest 2 supposed to be out on the Wii U already? Going to be kind of weird if they miss the month of October.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Stacking, Iron Brigade and Costume quest were all good games in my opinion. I backed Broken Age and wasn't that impressed, but that's not really a style of gameplay I enjoy. They did seem to run the Kickstarter thing into the ground, wasn't there a game they put on KS that was basically a vague idea that wasn't even in development yet?

All I know is I like Costume Quest and I've never let any behind the scenes controversy keep me from playing a game so I don't think I'm going to start now.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Probably a longshot, but did anyone gamefly or actually buy Falling Skies: The Game? No Giantbomb quicklook or anything and nobody is playing it on twitch. It actually looked kind of interesting from the trailer I saw.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

adhuin posted:

Also remember you need the sensor bar for the remote. More expensive bundles usually have it, but bare bone-ones don't.

The gamepad has a sensor bar on/in it if whatever bundle he buys doesn't have one.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

greatn posted:

Haha, who the hell is going to buy 20 minutes of video for $5? Nintendo you do not know how much video content is worth, you are silly.

Me... I am that person.

:mario:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I'm completely fine with Amiibo's as long as they don't do like a series 2 or something where I have to buy a different Link because my original Link no longer unlocks goodies in games.

You can get a free Amiibo in the US if you pre-order Smash from Toys R Us, so I don't see what the big deal is.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

acksplode posted:

More like design flaws this bad for a piece of consumer electronics rarely come alone. If your onboarding process hasn't considered the path for existing customers who already have an account with you, then perhaps that's a smell which suggests other embarrassments.

And sure enough, the ensuing update process took closer to an hour and half, and the method by which I had to import my existing Mii from my 3DS and make it the "user Mii" and then link it to my Nintendo ID was way more complicated than it had to be. This poo poo makes Sony look like Google.

Not trying to be a dick, but it sounds like user error here. I had no issues putting my existing Nintendo ID/Mii onto my Wii U and transferring my Wii data. Also both Xbone and Sony had day 1 updates as well. It's more uncommon that anything you do doesn't have a day 1 update at this point.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

I read that Costume Quest 2 couldn't be played on the gamepad, which is lovely but wasn't a deal breaker for me. Apparently it doesn't play sound through the gamepad either... I don't know if those things go hand in hand, but not happy about no sound from the gamepad with or without headphones.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Don't buy Costume Quest 2 on Wii U... Game has framerate issues that I assume probably aren't a problem on the PC version. I just did a boss fight and it was getting in the single digits, which makes the game kind of hard considering your attacks have timed button presses.

Game is still charming and fun if you enjoyed the previous Costume Quest, but this is a lovely port.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Want dat Shulk, especially if it means I can put him in the new Xenoblade game.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Monolith posted the main theme of Xenoblade Chronicles X on their website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOzx6-VrsZY

I was a little upset when I found out the person/people who did the Xenoblade soundtrack weren't doing the next one, but this sounds pretty good. I'm not one to get too hung up on video game soundtracks, but there were so many good songs on Xenoblade Chronicles.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It looks really slick, but I haven't played the game at all. What's wrong with it?

I don't know, I enjoyed it. A lot of people complained about the driving controls, but I had no issue with them. The lower end cars have bad control, but there's usually always a nice car around somewhere. The story isn't the greatest, but again I didn't mind it. I think the game gets a bad rap. Has some of the best side-mission mini-games that I have ever played in a game like this.

Edit: The radio soundtrack kind of sucked, but it has Wu-Tang's C.R.E.A.M and that's pretty much all you need.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 18, 2014

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

DerVerrater posted:

The problem may lie in my lack of interest in first party nintendo titles, Think it is worth a gamble anyway?

I don't know why else you would buy it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Calico Heart posted:

Another thing is that some of these amiibo's must be useless. How many titles are they going to find a way to incorporate the Wii Fit Trainer? Or Marth? If a third-party developer wants amiibo features, do they have to go to Nintendo and ask permission to use any of their characters? How willing is Nintendo going to be to lend them out? Surely for the third party characters it's even more of a mess (not like anyone is ever going to want the rights to use Shulk via an amiibo though)

Who knows though. Maybe they'll sell like hotcakes.

They already mentioned you can use any Amiibo on Hyrule Warriors to get random weapons and whatnot. There will probably be some games where they are useless, but if they put in the effort they could be used for any game in some way.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

You don't need a pro controller, the gamepad is perfectly fine in my opinion. If you have other people to play with though yes get one because it's fantastic and Nintendo is probably on the cusp of solving the worlds energy problems with whatever witchcraft they have inside the controller to give it such a long battery life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Hekk posted:

Club Nintendo has a pretty cool 3 poster pack of 22" x 28" Smash Bros posters for 700 coins. I am considering picking them up for my son's room but then I'd have to spend another 45 bucks in poster frames because my son is ten and sucks at not tearing poo poo up. Anyone ever gotten physical rewards from Club Nintendo before? I am wondering if I should hold out for something else or not because I haven't seen anything else cool since like July and that sold out really quickly.

It's been 2 years since they offered the gold nunchuck, pretty sure everything since has just been posters but I keep sitting on my coins in hopes they put up something awesome.

• Locked thread