Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Denim Dude posted:

sorry guys i got distracted with all the celebrity nude pics that got dumped today. anything funny happen?

sweet who do we have nude pics of now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

oh my god sweet sweet joan rivers and the golden girls nudeis comin up!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I wonder if they would exchange pics 4 pics with me...

Cool Blue Reason posted:

youre all a bunch of freaking tards

This thread is now about taking nude pics of celebrities

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
this thread is a real gas!

Clitch posted:

I'm not confident that all the comedy has been wrung, like a wet rag, out of this series of events.

Until such time as this becomes a certainty, I will this thread to be open.

Also, I need time to run out and grab more whiskey.

Drunken cucklol crew out

I'm hoping for a unified front whee they all get up on stage together and sing united we stand together or some crap.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Clitch posted:

Hey! You're off probation! Let me pour you a drink. I found a bottle of crap Irish in the back seat of my car.

cheers

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Yeah im sorry their stuff is pretty anime.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I don't get why you guys keep quoting this.

I mean you expect something of a guy with an anime girl avatar that isn't horrid or awful?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Man Whore posted:

This is why I read this thread.

lol holy poo poo that guy is an idiot.

Paladinus posted:

Sweet memories of Dashcon... I reckon Zoe can be a star panelist on the next one.
if they hold dashcon in chicago next year and if there is another one I'm just gonna sneak in and take photos of that horror show.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nebelwerfer posted:

Yea

Seems like a chill and professional duder

holy poo poo. How is he still employed? Also I like how he blames them for almost getting fired. What does this guy work at? Cause I really want to make sure I never ever click anything from it by mistake.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

4outof5 posted:

Well now that mommy has taking all the toys away from one side of this it's going to be infinitely less interesting where can it go from here a firing? a suicide? will zoe quinn try to go to rehab like the d list celebrity she wishes she was?

All the "journalists" who acted out like this need to be fired. If you want to have any kind of integrity as a reporter you can't act in this fashion especially when you represent your employer through your writing so heavily.

I'm really hoping for mass firings.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

How the gently caress do these dipshits get any work done

Game Journalism consists of hardly any work and basic knowledge of the English language. The editors who approve the articles touch up most of their poo poo. Although, looking at these blog sites. It looks like they're free to just post whatever thought instantly enters their head without any pause.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AkumaHokoru posted:

Poison exists and is a beloved character. there's bridget too...though bridget is a boy forced to live as a girl...does that count?
pretty sure there are others i am forgetting in the metal gear series.

Man poison is frickin great. I dunno if you saw Suave VS RF but that match was down to the wire.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Gotta say poo poo looks pretty hosed up in the indie games community and gaming "journalist" community.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kelfeftaf posted:

Who would have ever thought that video game journalism would be terrible? Anyway, I hope this results in IRA-style bombings and hostage taking.

The only hostages taken will be anime figurines.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AkumaHokoru posted:

Did you see the trolling at SJ this weekend there was a guy who didnt know poison's qcb+k is a throw and just kept eating it.

Nah I missed that I just watched Shadowloo Showdown.

The best thing there was watching all the free aussies get bodied so bad. Lol well that and lafit playing c Viper and not knowing how to handle elena. He was so scared and confused. It was amazing. GamerBee just crushed him and he almost thought of switching characters but didn't!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AkumaHokoru posted:

Thats kinda why I didnt watch SS until finals day I figured most of them would get vaporized in no time up till around top 8.

As for elena bodying people that happened at summerjam too East coast doesnt have any elenas so chris g walked through qualifing pools with her due to inexperience.

The little sailor moon ultra she has too is just loving hilarious. That mini heal everyone at SS was just like "what is going on? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!"

To my shock there wasn't a single rose at the tournie especially after EVO I expected to see a few.

Also I'm so proud of everyone on my FB page. I just took a look and not a single post from anyone who plays games about this zoe bullshit. I seriously expected someone to do it. I was dreading it, but not a single person. These are the same people who loving linked ice bucket challenges left and right.

I just realized at the same time this started I haven't seen any ice bucket challenges SINCE.

Perhaps instead of hating Zoe Quinn we should be thanking her for taking idiot's minds off dumping ice water on their heads and feeling smug and hating her instead.

Zoe Quinn deserves a medal.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

M_Sinistrari posted:

Now that you mention it, I'm a bit surprised none of this has popped on my FB as well because I do have some heavy gameplaying people on there who have to have some awareness of this. Even the one person who's a very outspoken feminist who never hesitates to remind people that she went to an all women's college that's 'the fount of modern feminism' as well as did her undergrad paper on the History of Feminism so no one else's thoughts and opinions on feminism are as relevant as hers while rarely if ever mentioning serious issues like the Hobby Lobby thing but wails about the nerdly end of things like new team on the Wonder Woman comics as setting back feminism for decades because they weren't crazy about applying the term because of the current connotations has been absolutely silent on this when I would've wagered money on her saying something.

Yeah its a fuckin crazy assed world man. I have many very opinionated friends on games n poo poo and not a fuckin peep on either side.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

BombiTheZombie posted:

The more i read of this poo poo-heap the more embarrassed i become for liking video games.

No, don't.

Its okay to like and play games. Just don't identify it as what you're completely about. That and don't read game related websites.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Jam flavored games.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I just really fear that developers will start taking this poo poo seriously themselves

They won't. No major publisher likes any of these game journalists anyways because they're absolute shitheads and manbabies. Do they want a wider audience? Sure who doesn't? But they won't sacrifice an existing one that is lucrative in the process.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Didn't read the past 40 pages.

Anyone get fired?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Street Fighter IV here and a little Path of Exile on the side.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So yeah I gotta be honest too no new games really interest me. I'm content with what I have wont be spending much this year from the looks of it. Which is good for my wallet.

Street Fighter, Exile, :darksouls:II and a little but of MS gundam online are all i need right now in my free time.

All these games rock because I can play with my friends easily. Oh and maybe some D3 when I get bored of PoE.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

gently caress, now I want a burger.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Paladinus posted:

You don't want that burger, believe me.

no fur burgers that have bites out of them. I want a nice fancy one that I can take my time with.

Maybe I'll make burgers tonight.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fauxtool posted:

Not all gamers are terrible cave trolls. Look up Ricky Ortiz, a dominant street fighter player, consistently ranked as one of the best in the world. He was previously openly gay, but now wants to be called "she"
So far the general reaction has been, "whatever who cares" Most players don't give a poo poo about her gender because she still has an identity as a top player.

Compare that to Zoe Quinn who has nothing of value to offer. Once look past the marginal value of depression quest, she has nothing of value for society except a means of inciting conflict in others.

My real question is, what would happen if Ricky Ortiz decided to enter a women's only tournament. Not that she would to slum it with the women's tournament since she is good enough to win in the mens. It seems like a no win situation for anyone involved. They could bar her from entering and denying the validity of her gender. They could let her stomp all over the other girls. No one could complain without looking like an rear end in a top hat.

How did they handle this with the Starcraft player that was also mtf? Scarlet I think?

I always thought Ricky was rather girly looking. No real surprise there. Still one of the best SFers out there thats for sure.

No clue how they would handle it. Didn't some guy become a mtf tennis player and win a bunch of things that way too back in the days?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fauxtool posted:

Every few years some sjw's get it into their heads that women need their own tournament in the name of equality despite the fact that every other tournament is not gender exclusive. QQ

They usually manage to sucker some sponsors to waste their money on an event with very low attendance and viewer counts. The tournament is usually 1 or 2 serious gamer gurlz that generally play with the men and do okay. The rest of the bracket is full of very mediocre players that think they actually have a chance despite not putting the massive hours required to be actually competent because "it's just other girls"

The end result is the somewhat competent players destroying the non-competition. It's terrible to watch because it's just bad play.

So it was like watching all the Aussies at Shadowloo Showdown? Super free.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fauxtool posted:

It's way worse. Watch the evo women's finals with burnyourbra. I'm a middling 2000pp player and I would wreck 9/10 of the players. Getting hit by crossups 3-4 times in one round. No combos beyond 3+ frame links or jumpin attack followed by sweep. She was dominating the majority of the players.

There doesn't need to be a female league, just more women taking the game seriously. It's disrespectful to show up at an international tournament and think play of that level is adequate

sounds like they should change the woman's league to a beginners league.

E:

I'm watching CEO 2014 right now and ricky is rockin those earrings.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AkumaHokoru posted:

a ton of people male or female show up to evo in what I would call a scrub state. people come to next level randomly with nothing more than houseplay experience thinking they have a shot at winning. personal ego/friends who are all worse can lead to someone feeling themselves. (this was me till i started going to/working at Cf and realizing i was total poo poo compared to others)

Do you play SF4 on the PC at all?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fauxtool posted:

An open beginners league would be a great idea, but I have no idea how you can enforce it. " you are too good, we have to kick you out"

Gentlemen / Lady's honor. Only real way would be to do it like Capcom does with points. You register you earn points and upgrade your tier as you go.

Just make the prizes not lucrative.

I'm starting USF4 after having not played a fighting game since SF2Turbo for the SNES. So I'm looking to get better hoping to get my fightstick any day now.

If you guys are on steam and have it i'd love to play against you and practice as I go.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fauxtool posted:

Good point, highly competitive online play existed on even vanilla sf4. Failing to measure yourself to that level of play is being willfully ignorant or an idiot

Iplay tons of online and I know exactly how good am in relation to other players. Get to the sf4 thread and post your steam

Will do! I've been playing it with a 360 controller :gonk:

My hands can't handle the tiny stick precision / buttons / everything.
My god a super focus is impossible. I have to form a backwards L with my thumb and move my other hand off the move stick. :smithicide:

Anyways enough about that. I really wish I was surprised by the fact that no one got fired for basically telling their customer base to die or kill themselves. If it was any actual form of reporter out there doing this. They'd be exiled. Look at Helen Thomas. Some guy antagonized her over palestine and israel and she said "In my opinion Israel so go home. Get out of Palestine."

That got her fired.

Gaming Journalism really is nothing more than blogging turds now a days and their pay masters. Honestly you could replace any of them with a monkey at a typewriter.

I bet I could program a game reporter that basically uses a mad-lib system of adj, adv, and nouns that is better than the average journalist.

Hell lol I may do this as a fall project.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Paladinus posted:

Depends on what's in her deck. Because it's an awful hand to have with 7 mana.

shes playing a huntard so 0 respect there.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

i'm this person's proud parents

If the thing about missing his grandmother's funeral for super mario brothers 3 is even remotely true. Holy poo poo they must be slapping bumper stickers about their son on their cars.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Germstore posted:

Sit back children and let me tell you of the Great Jack Thompson Wars. It was an age already obscured through the fog of time that few alive still remember, the early 2000s...

I marched in the digital streets of the sims. Alongside famoust people like Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. We stood together strong for the injustices being done.

I played under Gandhi in Civilization and brought about world peace!

I seriously don't doubt this manchild puts himself on pillars with them.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Spiky Ooze posted:

Seriously if you're involved in the industry just don't say anything.

This whole thing is awful. Also the IGF is a joke for many reasons, this just makes it even more of a joke.

The fact judges have no obligation to judge any of the games they are given or play them is another problem.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I wonder what they thought of the movie Junior.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

this was done by the guys who did rogue legacy. These guys are cool and I'm pretty sure not hipster nerds.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

wtf is #notyourshield ?

What I gather its people who are minority gamers or female gamers that disagree with the other people who are saying gamers are bad to women and other things that aren't white men.

Captain Invictus posted:

Another layer added onto this turd onion of a pointless debacle

This is more like a turd cake. An onion you unravel this we're just adding more and more onto.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

you almost had me clickin that!

E:

Nm i thought it linked back to our personal profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Simstim posted:

it would only last ten seconds before they all ran out of breath and have to sit down

I'd like to see this on FOX brought to you by mountain dew and doritos.

• Locked thread