Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The General posted:

There's 40 pages of this poo poo, so I need a little clarification.

Zoe made a game, and slept with some journalists, so they'd give her favourable reviews. Though no such good reviews have been written.
People are up in arms and attacking her because...
-She's internet famous, and nothing gamers like more than making GBS threads on internet famous women?
-She has a terrible taste in guys, and gamers are mad they didn't make the cut?
-She's an attention whore, and this is the attention she got?

I'm not reading 40 pages to sort this all out. Thanks!

she made a bad game
slept with a journalist, her boss, and a guy on the judges panel for an award that her game won
pretended that she had been raided by some weird 4chan offshoot to get publicity
lied about a bunch of stuff
is accepting donations for something she probably never intends to actually do

and the internet is going into some kind of weird autistic frenzy about it

it's bad though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

lol at everyone coming in with "i didn't read this but it looks like people are mad because she's a woman"

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Everyone in this situation is extremely mentally ill and totally unmedicated. Who here's rooting for a suicide?

My money's on Phil Fish.

phil fish is going to make suicide threats and then never actually kill himself

i know this because i'm older than 5 years old and have developed basic pattern recognition

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Miltank posted:

I would love a cool chill forum with a fun stylesheet where I could shitpost about politics and it doesn't even have to be called lf it could be called something different.

d and d lmao

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

lmao this was originally such a tiny story and if they hadn't tried to censor it nothing would have come of it, but they did and now it's like a category 3 poo poo hurricane and everyone on both sides looks like a huge idiot

4chan's probably gonna win though just because they're not looking like huge idiots in relation to their actual careers

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

falcon2424 posted:

Honestly, I think Zoe's side will take it. In the long run, no one remembers comment threads.

So, all the games journalists have to do is report the story as "misogynistic trolls abuse women." It doesn't even matter how much abuse there is in proportion to legit criticism. The collective memory will depend on whatever 3 or 4 tweets reporters decide to quote.

yeah, but they're not handling it that smartly

I mean the smart thing to do would have been to just fire the journalist, who is nobody i've ever loving heard of, and be done with it. but for some reason they decided that dragging the integrity of their whole site into it was a good idea and now absolutely everything that happens makes them look worse

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

not consenting your your manipulative gf's cheating isn't the same thing.

nobody would give a gently caress except that she said that she thought it was

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

a cop posted:

hopefully DAVID ATTENBOROUGH BEING DEAD will make people forget about this for awhile. rip.

he's fine, his brother died

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

if i wanna be an indie game dev do i have to be a garbage piece of poo poo or will that come with time

i think we're at the point where you don't have to actually make a game

like just make a website and start calling yourself an indie game dev

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

macnbc posted:

The "gaming community" is poo poo.

you can get death threats on the internet for basically anything and they come from people of all races, religions, and creeds

it's a beautiful rainbow of crazy poo poo from everywhere and going "this specific group of people is poo poo for doing it" is dumb because absolutely everyone on the internet routinely threatens to murder everyone else for little to no reason at all times

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/29/the-sjw-effect-welcome-to-the-end-of-the-world/

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Parallax Scroll posted:

i define my life based on video games

lmao your username is a videogame/computer thing

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Parallax Scroll posted:

i used to like childrens toys when i was much younger, its true

you still love them right now

holy loving lol youre trolling a loving internet thread about this poo poo trying to pretend you've suddenly become a mature and contributing human being in the couple of years since you posted endlessly about videogames

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Jesto posted:

:psyduck: Why are they doing this to themselves? Do none of them have a PR guy?

apparently they all have the same PR lady and holy poo poo she's loving terrible and has turned basically nothing into a category 5 poo poo hurricane

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

Can someone summarize this situation? It seems like it's extremely dramatic and fast changing since the people involved are crazy and are constantly adding new fuel to the fire, plus this thread is a lot more nouveau GBS than most.

a minor scandal was mishandled so badly that all the people involved are currently telling all of the people who give them money that they're shitheads and they hate them

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

haha this really is the story of the world's worst PR lady

all of these concurrent shitstorms over nothing because they all hired the same complete retard for PR

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

That circle of twitter people, except Abe, who had enough conscience to apologize after people called his job, is extremely proud of that mess and convinced themselves it was just people using the child as an excuse to insult them. The late 20s mental teen who originally started it is so divorced from reality she's somehow turned "you called on a twitter mob" into "lol people are accusing me of putting out a mob hit now", it's actually absurd enough you can't exaggerate it.

it turns out that if you can silence anyone you don't like and never have to listen to them again with a single button then eventually the only people left you can hear are people who will for whatever reason unconditionally agree with whatever you say. so whatever poo poo you spew out into the void, no matter how completely detached from reality, is greeted by a rousing chorus of "you go girl! show that twelve year old!" and after a while that gives you an inflated opinion of yourself that completely baffles anyone who isn't part of your insane little echo chamber.

that's been happening on twitter for ages so at this point there's an entire community of incestuous pocket-Stalins constantly feeding into each other's cults of personality

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i like how anita's expression is always "just caught sight of herself in a mirror and was extremely surprised at how smug she looked"

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Tin Soldier posted:

Anthony Burch is an idiot.

haha holy poo poo

that's the stupidest loving thing i've ever seen

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

like what loving chain of thought needs to pass through your head before you think that writing that poo poo is a good idea

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

anthony burch is the dumbest person in the entire universe

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

lol the company is works at is currently being sued about a game and he's all "oh yea one of the guys who reviewed it is my friend"

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

entitled sheltered piss baby is preeeeetty goooooood
i look forward to the day when they finally run out of insults they can use without being problematic and are reduced to fuming in impotent rage staring at their monitors desperately trying to think of a way to call someone a loving idiot without being in any way offensive

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

:lol: that day passed sometime before the people on the #notyourshield tag were literally called house niggers.

they've already been reduced to 4-year-old level insults and it's great because it makes them sound like complete loving retards no matter how ironic they try to be about it

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Oncogene posted:

"veni, veni, veni, veni, veni" -zoe quinn

veni veni veni veni venereal disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Carol Pizzamom posted:

ok sorry thats stretching and not funny at all

http://i.minus.com/jbliVqb0ZMdST9.jpg