Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If any of this is true then it's loving pathetic. Sleeping around for good press, parties trying to stifle news on each other... This poo poo is meant to happen with real journalism about stuff that actually matters.

That someone could care enough about dumb video game shills enough to do all this babby's first espionage poo poo is ridiculous. They're like kids playing at having a real scandal. Narcissism is a hell of a drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Press 'down' to have the dev game artist lecture you.

Sure is some game.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Falsum posted:

I don't know about that. There might have been less people involved (although I'd argue the homophobes would have replaced the misogynists), but I do think it still would have blown up.

I also think a reason this is as big as it is is because even though people don't expect much from game journos when it comes to AAA games, they didn't realize indie game development was so hosed up.

This is why I'm interested. Everyone knows gamer 'culture' is a joke, but these people make me ashamed to own a goddamn computer.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Can any lawgoons weigh in? Because the idea that 4chan could somehow copyright a game that already exists and then be accepted in court seems pretty absurd...

E:

Brannock posted:

I've bad news.

Didn't kotaku segregate their 'SJW' content to its own section so reddit manchildren wouldn't have to suffer seeing headlines on ~females~.

I'm not convinced that some unified SJW cabal controls everything, nor that most of the terrible poo poo that goes on is SJW related at all.

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 24, 2014

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

jalopybrown posted:

it's irrelevant that they legally can't since SJWs operate on feels and not logic, it's only relevant that zoe and the gang believe they could and we see some rage + meltdowns

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that there's no situation too stupid for international copyright law.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

we've all known that gamer dudes are disgusting manbabies with horrible opinions and inflated self importance so i guess the revelation here is that gamer womens are disgusting womanbabies with horrible opinions and inflated self importance too

~equality~

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

On their very first date she told the boyfriend that if he cheated on her then she would not have consented to the sex therefore he would be raping her

She then proceeds to literally gently caress other guys without protection within hours of loving her boyfriend while telling him not to wear protection because she hadn't been with anyone else

I think there's a pretty loving big line between actual rape and this abstract, retroactive removal of consent that we're talking about.

Still an absolutely lovely thing to do.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

tranime scholar posted:

someone is going to disappear to gitmo because they're mad about a f2p mmo shooter.

It'll be them in gitmo the moment governments find a bunch of internet chucklefucks disrupting air traffic.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think my internet hate machine got a jam, please advise

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

a cop posted:

Shes hot as gently caress dude.

lol

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

excuse me I find being asked for citations triggering

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Forums Barber posted:

*pats you on the head respectfully* of course it is, sweetie.

*nods respectfully at u*

Yeah, how could the workings of human societies ever be worth studying? They have no impact on the real world!

As long as there's data to apply the scientific method to, I don't see the problem.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Nucleic Acids posted:

Why are nerds so loving incapable of doing anything even remotely constructive?

Honestly the ani-Zoe side deserves to 'lose' by this point. If only because they have the most hilariously incompetent propaganda PR imaginable.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Better than that, he was in Firefly which makes him king of the internet. Maybe he can get the nerdy hipster crowd to realise what a shitheel Zoe is.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

DrPlump posted:

This isn't about sexism it is about broken women who wish they where born men. They want to be the hero in video games since they can't in real life. Instead of pushing for selective service to include women they would rather push EA to reskin the protagonist in the next call of duty.

This isn't about joining the army, it's about broken nerds who wish they were soldiers. They want to be the hero in video games since they can't in real life. Instead of enlisting, they would rather go to EA and buy a microtransaction fedora for their character in the next call of duty

:getout:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Looks like the pure archetypical lost prince returns story but with a princess :geno:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

should reclaim family guy instead because it's pretty poo poo

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

So if Zoe is appearing at PAX, don't the Penny Arcade guys have their own reputation for stirring hilarious foot-in-mouth drama at their con?

:unsmigghh:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Twitter Kid, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If anyone is genuinely moving house due to a twitter shitstorm then they're a loving idiot. Either they think a bunch of fat neckbeards are actually going to come after them, or they're throwing a huge song and dance about their oppression over the noble cause of vidya games.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Any bets how long before the SJW death lists are expanded to include anyone who dares to criticise women in mu video games?

You all lose because it's now

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's pretty insulting to suggest that the situation in the Middle East would improved if only first world feminists turned their attention on it.

I'm sure our foreign offices are listening carefully to white people protesting that they're really loving mad at the news :homebrew:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

To be fair someone who used their twitter army to suppress rival charities probably should have their reputation dragged through the mud.

But it seems like even the sane articles want to steadfastly ignore that in favour of more navel gazing over e-feminism.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Gravefront posted:

Money can buy love and happiness, but not dignity, I'm afraid

Um excuse me

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Skunny Wundy posted:

If I'm being honest here, I would probably let Zoe Quinn cuck me.

better to watch than have her gently caress you

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

From the articles I've seen, there's still nobody (no 'journalists' anyway) willing to report negatively on Zoe. Just hysteria about internet misogynists and a big distraction - probably deliberate - about the meaning of being a gamer or whatever the gently caress. Her press cronies are pretty effortlessly directing the discussion towards talking points that are even more loving irrelevant.

E: The integrity of games journalism is completely unimportant. Cliques of hipsters sabotaging people's ability to do business really kind of is.

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 1, 2014

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It might be that they just want nothing to do with the whole shitstorm. It doesn't fully explain why they only shut down critics of Zoe (honestly can't remember which side is meant to be the SJW one anymore). Perhaps they just see the press sites as established and legitimate, and not something to wash their hands of pronto?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

EasternBronze posted:

I really can't understand how so many seemingly unconnected parts of the internet all seem to be in lock-step agreement about this.

Exactly, this is all the kind of nasty petty poo poo that goes on in regular corruption. But it's it's happening around socially maladjusted games hipsters instead, so it's just pathetic and hilarious. I cannot believe that morons like Phil loving Fish genuinely have their hooks in the actual world of business.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Japanese Phone Box posted:

Are you a bad enough zhude to stop feminism and rescue the president

ftfy cis scum

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

zen death robot posted:

If I was a gaming journalist I wouldn't give a gently caress about this story and would rather be reporting on Epic poo poo like the next Mario Kart 8 update or the new Bungie release that's about to drop.

Actually thats a lie, if I was a gaming journalist I'd probably wonder how I hosed up my journalism career so badly that this is what I've become, but I still wouldn't give a poo poo that some blue-haired girl made a bad game and hosed a few guys.

The problem is that she uses her twitter army and press connections to shut down rival devs and deny them publicity.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's a cargo cult of actual intelligent people. They use long words, right?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Roki B posted:

whens the last time someone told you to kill yourself, because if it isn't daily it isn't enough

lol wut

You're defending the hacks who release simultaneous 'articles' about the ~gamer identity~?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh poo poo, really? Wow...I'm sad to say I totally fell for that.

EDIT: Me and the Escapist...and Gamestop...and Reddit

journalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

35,000. Fuckin lawyers

• Locked thread