Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
4chan designed a character for a charity that Zoe Quinn tried to tank and the minor shitstorm from the idea of a feminist charity accepting donations from 4chan is lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I like that wrestling uniform Karl Pilkington had to wear when he went to Mongolia.

Still, I'm pretty sure I played a Dragon Warrior game where my female character replaced something like Dragon Amor for a Bikini and her defense went up.

Japan has no concept of Feminism and gives zero fucks on the whole

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Musket posted:

why is the internet so mad that a bunch of /v/ people are giving money to charity? Idk if the sjw get that most charities dont care where the money comes from. You would think they would be all LOL look at you pieces of poo poo, giving money to charity, isnt that hilarious. Instead its OMG OMG OMG YOU GUY!!! YOU ARE RUINING CHARITIES!!!!!

the internet is a strange strange place with too many soap box slacktivists.

Sidenote: It isn't just /v/. /pol/ is supposed to have had some hand in it too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gravefront posted:

Stop browsing /v/, it's not good for you

/v/ is fine. It's like The Imp Zone in how harmless it is.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

XMNN posted:

this thing is hilarious because its irrelevant that young white men are no longer the biggest audience for video games while theyre still the primary audience of these gaming journalism sites. kotaku can declare "gamer culture" to be dead because the most popular game is candy crush or whatever but thats not going to start making middle-aged women read their site.

And even if they do, the current advertisers will likely sever given that the audience that they paid for isn't showing up, so why bother sticking around too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I'm really glad publishers are starting to at least notice there's a demand for female representation and try to cater to it

Smash bros went straight from having like 3 chicks total to suddenly having enough female characters to comprise an entire roster

Are you sure it's not just influence from Bandai Namco?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Yeup, that "8% royalties" thing that goes to the woman who wins the contest only accounts for 30% of the profit, with the rest going to the head organizer. It's okay though he's claimed several times that it's business first and social issues second.

Can you post the actual breakdown? Also, the original submission you're whining about?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

we should not post while under the influence, because we will never live it down unless we know how to handle our substances

love.

The Internet is a hell of a drug

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Yeup, that "8% royalties" thing that goes to the woman who wins the contest only accounts for 30% of the profit, with the rest going to the head organizer. It's okay though he's claimed several times that it's business first and social issues second.

quote:

8% of the Net Profits will go to the Creator of the game.

10% of the Net Profits will go to the Production company that develops the game. In this case it is Autobotika a South American production company. Their share of the profits will go to developing the Colombian Video game industry.

8.2% of the Net Profits will be collected by TFYC which will be used for future contests.

73.8% of the Net Profits will be split among all other investors based on their capital contribution during the crowdfunding stage. These contribution will be not be returned to the investors but transferred to a Charity of their choosing under The Fine Young Capitalists name. This transaction will be made through prepaid Visa on the Charities site, Bitcoin transaction or other arrangement if feasible by TFYC.

Tell me again about how the rest of the money goes to the organizers?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

big duck equals goose posted:

I bought this dumb game.

gently caress you, Zoe. Even your game recommendations suck. Imagine Gods Will Be Watching (another poo poo game on steam) with no graphics, all resource management and a even more lovely story.

I want my $1.00 back, you loving purple haired tubby monster.

You bought it? Seriously? It's free online.
http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It's good to be nice to people and accept them, even if you don't like what they do or their opinions. :)

Someone tell the game journalists this.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

big duck equals goose posted:

Bludge slider? gently caress that, I want a penis girth slide bar, length scale, tip radius customizer increaser and a movable chart on ball sag.

That's for the next Saint's Row game. Similar sliders will be available for the lady parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Baller Time posted:

The last time I went to 4chan was just 4 months ago, and back then the replies would have been in favor of that post (still without actually following through). Weird to see it going 180°

Oldfags must be running the show since current Anons probably couldn't run an ops like this. The fact that /pol/ had a hand in this too makes it all the more hilarious

• Locked thread