Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Clitch posted:

Ahhh! You made that post, Zoe! You could have tried that shot again! Did you? Was that your best one?!? Ahhhhhhhhhh!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I'm convinced she's actively trying to be as unattractive as possible as some sort of statement about... things and stuff, I guess.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

burritolingus posted:

I guess he found out what his child-self would say about this.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Has GBS "ironically" watched so much of games journalists they claim to hate and despise that they are starting to admit they actually now like them?

There is literally nothing keeping "video game journalism" economically viable apart from nerds at work who would rather be at home playing video games.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DrPlump posted:

With their patron income as a fallback many SJW are standing up to the man and quitting their oppressive day jobs to fight for social justice full time. This plan will collapse when too many of them quit and there isn't enough actually working supporters to go around.

Patreon:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This hasn't really ever been about games. It's about people being sick of being attacked for what they enjoy, and people getting sick of feeling marginalized when they attack people for what they enjoy. It's two sides playing victim and painting the other side as bullies and oppressors. This is the spark that's ignited all the resentment from both sides, the social justice warriors versus the people who don't give a poo poo about social justice, it seems--which is Everybody Else. That's where #notyourshield came from, that's the crux of all of this. People are sick of being attacked, and people who are attacking them are sick of feeling marginalized or downtrodden. Until a meaningful--I stress meaningful--dialog is brokered, this bickering will never end. Neither side can win.

I'd say it's more about professional PR/marketing people who have themselves as their primary client and product reshaping a narrative about their dishonest, cliquish behavior into being about literally anything else to which they can get that narrative to stick, but especially that which gets a lot of earnest young people with notoriously terrible impulse control righteously angry.

I think, too, there are a lot of earnest young creative-types who, consciously or otherwise, recognize that these cliques are hilariously good at selling themselves and shilling/covering for each other, and they would one day like to benefit from the same arrangement.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Cthulu Carl posted:

What did cumcultist and pony707 have to say? They seem like they would hold well reasoned opinions on a variety of topics.

"Have you heard the good news about cum" and "It's actually really smart and enjoyable on multiple levels", probably.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:thurman:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CSM posted:

This thread became pretty unfunny around page 200 when the actual MRA's took over and started using this thread as a platform to TAKE DOWN THE VIDEO GAMING JOURNALISM MAN*.

*SJW's, so probably not actually a man

Catch the fever, dude !

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Not that I remember any of these idiot Twitter play-action anime Marxism babies to have actually read their history.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

falcon2424 posted:

That's not dumb at all. She's gunning for a job as a public speaker.

Correct. These people are not activists, although they are recruiting activists to do their work. These people are in the business of selling the idea of themselves, and if you think that's got anything to do with video games or the representation of disenfranchised groups or anything even approximating the just and compassionate treatment of others, you are a child.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

rainy day posted:

maddox looks like a drug addict. also jesus christ those are the most horrifyingly souless eyes ive ever seen.

He started his website in 1997. It is now 2014. Let's talk about some of the things that other, better human beings are capable of achieving in seventeen years.

That face is the face of seventeen years of a one-trick Internet pony trying to remain funny and relevant.

e: "remain"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

She is kind of losing her poo poo between the agenda-pushing tweets:

https://twitter.com/TheQuinnspiracy

Maybe if she cut the bullshit and apologized, the angry mobs would stop hounding her.

If you like ZOE QUINN NUDE you might also like LAS CHICAS DE NICKELODEON or THE FAMOUS LEOPARD GODDESS

because of course you would

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Holy poo poo, did she take it seriously!?

I swear, おれはPigAmericanです おれはばか never so much as bothers to check the source when he sees something SO AMAZING

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ADD me to STEAM woman

Add ME to steam WOMAN

ADD me TO steam WOMAN

Add me to STEAM WOMAN

ADD ME to steam woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted: