Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

Gyges posted:

Jesus people are calling on Joss Whedon to intervene against the terrifying onslaught of Adam Baldwin now.

Want to hear what Hulk has to say on the matter, Joss.

TWEET MARK RUFFALO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

:holymoley:

PAX really needs to start early. Can't wait to see what kind of hilarious slapfights ensue at the giant nerd convention.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

quote:

I am going to continue trying to break down barriers and disrupt the culture that enabled the abuse I’ve endured from the last two weeks from ever happening to anyone ever again.

:ironicat:

Denim Dude posted:

here is some touchy feely social justice poo poo i found on that tumblr you linked.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s6j3sh

i agree with this person

This guy owns.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Welcome back, cucksters!

CUCKAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Forums Barber posted:

Their PR person (Maya Kramer/@legobutt) is selling "Cuties killed gamers" shirts, the site shows that she sold 260. http://teespring.com/cuties These idiots self-destructed for this poo poo. They really do coordinate through her, 4chan dug it up pretty easily since none of these people thought they were doing anything wrong, so they didn't cover their tracks.

Legobutts is the person who doxxed The Fine Young Capitalists and tweeted out his personal details to Zoe and her army of twitter users. Now she's selling shirts.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

DoubleWelp posted:

isnt it cool how this thread went from 200 pages of laughing at every retard involved in this mess to unironically picking sides in this internet slapfight

Don't worry there are still lots of terrible people to laugh at.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Don Tacorleone posted:

wasn't there supposed to be a large protest at that gaming con this weekend?

There was only one person in the thread that said that was a thing and when asked for links discussing it, couldnt provide any. Also they made a big point of being friends with Phil Fish's wife.

So most likely it was all bullshit.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Examiner did a piece:

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-gaming-community-is-not-a-wretched-hive-of-sexism-and-misogyny

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Brannock posted:

lmao this is the guy who writes constantly about how hot virtual women are what a defender

Yeah, I have no idea.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

XK posted:

Holy poo poo. This is the Maya Kramer PR person's Twitter. Look at the date:

https://twitter.com/legobutts/status/501855043612848128

What conspiracy? You're crazy.

Since the Wizardchan stuff happened way back in December, Im sure they already had the slogan in mind as being kind of considered as a quasi Sarkeesian entity to the gaming world. Plus that date is still 3 days after Thezoepost blog went up. No conspiracy there.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

AkumaHokoru posted:

Poison exists and is a beloved character. there's bridget too...though bridget is a boy forced to live as a girl...does that count?
pretty sure there are others i am forgetting in the metal gear series.

Birdo was my first. I'll never forget zher.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

ultrabindu posted:

Over 300 pages discussing Cuckolding and not a single black person was involved?
I am very disappointed by the whole thing.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

CrazyLittle posted:

No true scotsman. We have an obligation to police the shittier aspects of our communities.

Ah yes, it is my job to care about all the 12 year olds calling people faggots over Xbox live because I also happen to play videogames.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Also, why did Deadspin aka Gawker Media straight up post Kate Upton nude photos that were hacked illegally directly on their site?

It seems like a really lovely thing to do. No, it doesnt matter that Justin Verlander was in them.

NSFW obviously http://deadspin.com/justin-verlander-and-his-butt-appear-in-celebrity-nude-1629145772

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

lol you can't step in it more than when accusing someone of being a white basement dweller and finding out that he's a black army guy

do some of these video games people think that posting a lot on twitter counts as having a social life? I'm sure most of the people railing about fat neckbeards aren't exactly paragons of physical fitness and social butterflies themselves

He was trolling. Him and the other guy just changed their twitter descriptions to "Mod of Polygon.com" and made extremely over the top tweets at people telling them he was going to ban every anime avatar at his site, laughing at people for being 30 years old and still playing videogames, etc.

People start furiosuly tweeting Polygon to have him removed. Riled up people are really gullible.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Mega Man never got equipped with intolerance!

holy poo poo, lmao. a real person posted this.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

I definitely did not spend hundreds of hours beating Super Mario Bros 3, without using a single powerup or warp whistle, just so Bowser could ultimately triumph using the tiny seeds of discord he sowed 25 years ago.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

The Monkey Man posted:

For what it's worth, the Guardian is definitely a mainstream publication and it ran that article by Jenn Frank that didn't mention that she and Zoe were friends in the first version.

They ran a new one today

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/03/gamergate-corruption-games-anita-sarkeesian-zoe-quinn

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

"Well #gamergate was coined by Adam Baldwin and the guy who made #notyourshield was black, so he's obviously a bad person. In conclusion: misogynistic astroturfers!"

:shrug:

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Totalizator posted:

Oh hey here's another good article http://www.examiner.com/article/the-gaming-community-is-not-a-wretched-hive-of-sexism-and-misogyny , at least the non-gaming media doesn't seem to go in lockstep about this.

That article is like 3 days old and written by this guy.

Check out his other articles for a laugh.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

I posted a couple days ago how Deadspin aka. Gawker Media posted Kate Upton's illegally hacked nudes directly on their site because professional pitcher Justin Verlander was in them.

http://deadspin.com/justin-verlander-and-his-butt-appear-in-celebrity-nude-1629145772

They didnt think anything was wrong with this and left them up for 4 or so days until Kate Upton's lawyers contacted them about it to take them down.

Except they had written another scummy article where they took the exif data and posted a timeline of where and when they were taken along with a bunch of the hacked pictures. At least one Kate Upton nude is in there (an multiple verlander nudes) . Still on the site.

http://deadspin.com/justin-verlander-and-his-hacked-photos-a-partial-timel-1629246666

Justin Verlander posted:

“I’m not going to comment on my personal life,” Verlander said in the Tigers’ clubhouse before tonight’s game against the Cleveland Indians. “I never have, and I never plan on it. I keep my personal life personal.

Sounds familiar.

TLDR: Gawker continues to be lovely blog journalism that only takes the moral high ground when its in their best interest

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Iridium posted:

clickbait blog network posts blog-appropriate clickbait. we are surprised by this?

No, not at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Carol Pizzamom posted:

tumblr isnt that bad i mean look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4

• Locked thread