Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favorite fran
fran sansisco
ayn frand
fran ferdinand
aerith
View Results

• Locked thread
lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Since this is a Final Fantasy forum, I thought well maybe I'd share a little unique story with everyone.

My IGN is FranBunnyFFXII, It' has been for quite some time. It's an IGN that came of some dire circumstances.

See I used to be a very well known player in an MMORPG, as well as a well known player in korean mmo scene. But with fame comes problems, and these problems were too harsh for me to deal with. I ended up getting stalked and harassed even to the point where the game masters of the game i was playing were willing to help with police reports.

So, with advice, I desided to pick out a new IGN, remove all instances of my past mmorpg presence, and start brand new, with a new IGN.
I thought about it throughly, i wanted something that ment something to me.

The first character that came to mind was Fran. She's my favorite FF character of all time. And I, being female, thought i should be cute about it, so... i was like hmmm cute... and fran has rabbit ears..

FranBunny!!!!

But i wanted to have something recognizable. well Fran is from FFXII, lets add that

Thus i came to the conclusion my new IGN would be FranBunnyFFXII.

As life goes on, i play more and more MMORPGs and just like my past before me I once again become famous in the korean MMORPG circut. Pulled multiple world firsts made some marks, and once again my fame amoung players was unexpected.

But this time, I had the history behind me without question. No one could contest my accomplisments.

Well during this time, I was living by myself and had no family and things like that, and being an MMO player on Ventrillo or TeamSpeak all the time, people of course called me by my IGN.

I got called "Franbunny" so much that I ended up losing recognition to my previous name, hearing it today still makes me double take because i'm not used to hearing that name.

The name my parents gave me I loathed, I HATED with a burning passion, and i was determined to change my name anyways.

My logic went like this... "Well im so used to being called franbunny, lets make a full name out of that."

Fran is a Viera, Ok so franbunny viera... I needed a middle name, and at the time i was reading Alice in Wonderland. (probably for like the 10th time, its my favorite book)

Well Fran is a Veena veira, white hair and ears, lets follow the white rabbit and see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Alice was to be the middle name.

Franbunny Alice Viera is now my actual name. I was named after Fran from FFXII

And no im not making this up.

Also the character in my signature is from the mmorpg i played that i became famous in as FranBunnyFFXII. That is the first character ever to hold the name "Franbunny"

-------

lewtt fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Congratulations, OP! I named myself after Harris & Klebold, Adolf Hitler, and ESPN NHL 2K3.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Ambivalent on the other voting options but "Aerith" is always wrong.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Thread's dyin' cloud

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
nice gamer.txt keep em coming

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
please I am close to climax

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Cyra posted:

nice gamer.txt keep em coming

Cyra posted:

please I am close to climax

Explain How! posted:

They were both at a party 3 years ago. My friend was visiting her sister in america and she had mutual friends with zoe. Immediately zoe was offensive and aggressive towards her, specifically about her transitioning.

At the end of the night my friend and her sister were leaving, and zoe took the chance to make a passing comment about her loving some guy who didn't know she had a dick. She thought it would be hilarious for my friend to get the poo poo kicked out of her by some dude. That went down how you'd expect.

Zoe likes to glass people it turns out. hosed up my friends face pretty bad.

The best bit, and how i knew exactly how this goes down, is that zoe likes to keep her cult around her; she is very good at embedding herself into a community. My friend was told that as someone who would go back home at some point, keeping zoe happy was far more important to them than supporting her. Zoe can and would easily make poo poo horrible for everyone involved if they don't fold to her will. And she always has her cult as we've seen today.

He tried to delete because he's afraid of libel in that thread but someone already quoted it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'll go get you a towel

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Everything itt is wat

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IMO, this person should not be shamed. If you want to name yourself after a Final Fantasy character, who gives a hoot in a hell.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

quote:

quote:

Cuchulainn
So your actual name, your REAL actual name, that's on your post and credit cards etc is Franbunny?

Jesus smurfing Christ.

Yes

Franbunny A. V.

quote:

Shlup
Do you pronounce it Franbunny or do you try to get fancy like Fraunboonay? Do you prefer people shorten it to Fran or to Bunny? I totally would change my name to Bunny.

like... Frahn bunn EE Soft b and u but a more accentuated Y.

Same way that Balthier says "fran" in FFXII but with a "bunny" on the end.

does two quotes within a quote make me meta and edgy

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i'm glad she blacked out her middle and last names on the id card after saying what they are in the post

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
my first ever aim screename was squallredfield16

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

heh, whatever op. after all, lotss of people are named after characters in the bible i mean, what's one work of fiction versus another am i right? mary sephiroth paul megatron, it's all the same.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
this is insanely hot

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
does this technically make them a furry

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
shame on you if you didn't vote fran sansisco

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Should've named yourself Aerisdies InEffEffSeven Gainsborough OP.

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

lewtt posted:

a well known player in korean mmo scene

Please change my name to this

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
http://youtu.be/44MyrH4jwOQ?t=1m40s

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Who the gently caress decides their favorite character is from ff12?

Who the gently caress decides their favorite anything comes from ff12?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i'm glad she blacked out her middle and last names on the id card after saying what they are in the post

The post was a lie, to throw people off her trail.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This thread has inspired me to change my real name to the name of my favorite video game character ever, Superfly Johnson.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my name is already the name of my favorite video game character

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
when i get a cat im going to call it j'zargo

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Who the gently caress decides their favorite character is from ff12?

Who the gently caress decides their favorite anything comes from ff12?

HEY. Balthier is awesome. He is the best sky pirate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NonzeroCircle posted:

This is why I'm changing my name to Sky Pirate Crystal von Dalmasca XII.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

NonzeroCircle posted:

Yeah anime Han Solo and his bunny girl version of chewy are okay but Vyse is the real og sky pi

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Cyra posted:

Yeah anime Han Solo and his bunny girl version of chewy are okay but Vyse is the real og sky pi

Man, Skies of Arcadia did everything FF12 did but better.

Big adventure, evil empire, ancient magic, etc. etc. etc. all there. Young aspiring sky pirate, check. Pigtailed girlfriend, check. Girl from strange mystical culture, check. Grizzled fighter, check. Dashing roguish mentor, check. Young royalty trying to set right various political wrongs, check. Charismatic authority figure who ends up backstabbing monarch for personal gain, check. Squad of other bad guys who sit on various places on the honorable opponent <-> evil fuckhead spectrum, check. Big huge world with lots of stuff to wander around checking out and having fun in, check.

Nobody loving feels useless to the plot. Protagonist attains initial ambition early on and actually develops over the course of things as a result of newfound responsibilities. Supporting cast is tons of fun. Minimal dumbshit melodrama.

Dammit man.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i liked the ff12 combat, but i've also only played the international edition

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Skies is grandiose charming and fun. FF is brown, boring, and up it's own rear end about a very derivative plot. Also an offline mmo. gently caress that game. I'd literally rather play ff 13 or any of it's sequels

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Cyra posted:

Skies is grandiose charming and fun. FF is brown, boring, and up it's own rear end about a very derivative plot. Also an offline mmo. gently caress that game. I'd literally rather play ff 13 or any of it's sequels

Hey, FF12 is bad, but let's not say things we can't take back

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
FF12 is better and actually pretty good on the international version. Couldn't get into it otherwise.

My main problem with it is that it has a lot of poo poo that you need a gameguide for and that's lame. Playing FF6 after FF12 really highlighted how unreasonable that is because the older FFs actually gave hints and poo poo as to where the special secret stuff was.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The Sharmat posted:

FF12 is better and actually pretty good on the international version. Couldn't get into it otherwise.

My main problem with it is that it has a lot of poo poo that you need a gameguide for and that's lame. Playing FF6 after FF12 really highlighted how unreasonable that is because the older FFs actually gave hints and poo poo as to where the special secret stuff was.

RPGs now are like the old school adventure games that were made deliberately obtuse so they could charge money for the hint hotline

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sometimes they sell you a guide, and then the guide doesn't have all the information and they make you go to a website also.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Cyra posted:

old school adventure games that were made deliberately obtuse so they could charge money for the hint hotline

please don't talk about goonies on the nes that game still haunts me

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
the gamers.txt like in the op is my favorite poo poo in the world instead of some problematic thing somebody said in in games journalism community

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Wormskull posted:

Congratulations, OP! I named myself after Harris & Klebold, Adolf Hitler, and ESPN NHL 2K3.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Cyra posted:

FFX has worse art direction but everything from combat to leveling is better. Weapon customization was the best thing about it and Monster hunting wasn't tied to random weather effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sometimes they sell you a guide, and then the guide doesn't have all the information and they make you go to a website also.

god the FF9 guide was such bullshit

• Locked thread