Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

is there a new metroid anywhere on the horizon

last I heard of a new one it was called dread or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Midboss posted:

Also this is less embarrassing than the Zero Suit and I refuse to be convinced otherwise. You're playing as The Wrong Samus if you pick ZSS anyway though.

I actually agree because even though it's technically more revealing it looks more like something someone would actually wear for non-fetishistic purposes

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

metroid 1 is the best, 2 is kinda lame cuz its just a lot of rolling around on walls and ceilings forever, super metroid is cool but not as good as 1, the rest are baby games for idiots

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

I actually agree because even though it's technically more revealing it looks more like something someone would actually wear for non-fetishistic purposes

ya, those poses are still real dumb tho.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
because of Fusion I used to think Samus was so autistic that her entire self image was based on her power suit rather than her actual face but that was in retrospect clearly just a quirk of translation

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
super metroid would be better if the control scheme wasn't rear end. its like it was designed by a moron that really wanted to use every button and thought making something as simple as wall-jumping require you to mash an unnecessary and obscure sequence of buttons in order to do it was fantastic ideas. it sucks so bad someone actually had to make a hack to make them decent

Soral
May 30, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

because of Fusion I used to think Samus was so autistic that her entire self image was based on her power suit rather than her actual face but that was in retrospect clearly just a quirk of translation

to be fair, samus is probably on the spectrum at least a little

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Zero mission is my favourite because I am also a baby, and it's the first one I played

Despite owning a GC and a Wii for like 10 years I never tried Prime, pretty shameful I guess

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Soral posted:

in fusion her inner monologues sound autistic as gently caress

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Soral posted:

according to Other M she's normal, just with severe PTSD and has an Elektra Complex

autist Samus would be cooler though

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
though I guess to be fair giving a computer a name is autistic as gently caress

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

zen death robot posted:

No one should have to be greeted by Samus' cameltoe again.

thanks widestancer!!!

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
samus is clearly disturbed. a creepy giant autist woman would be uniquely suited to stalking space and ceaselessly, wordlessly emptying planets of their life all alone as a career

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LaTex Fetish posted:

thanks widestancer!!!

It was a shameful event in my posting career

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Cobweb Heart posted:

samus is clearly disturbed. a creepy giant autist woman would be uniquely suited to stalking space and ceaselessly, wordlessly emptying planets of their life all alone as a career

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I have trouble imagining what she spends her bounty money on but maybe it doesn't matter because she seems to take Pirate jobs for free. She's in it for the genocide I guess

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
samus being autistic explains why she has no problem going through the same places over and over again. she's probably spergin' out over poo poo like how one of the small rocks near the end of a cavern moved slightly after going through it for the 10th time

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm starting to have doubts that I really want to imagine Samus as Ullillilia with a gun and power armor.

Still better than Other M though.

Dec 26, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

I have trouble imagining what she spends her bounty money on but maybe it doesn't matter because she seems to take Pirate jobs for free. She's in it for the genocide I guess

basically when they envisioned her sakamoto or whoever was in brand control didnt actually know what "bounty hunter" meant so when retro brought up the idea of missions for pay they were all what the hell a hero doesnt accept payment

iirc anyway

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Cobweb Heart posted:

i first played zero mission, super, and later 1 & 2. and a bit of prime 1 or 2 at my friends house who had a crazy big tv on one of his living room walls. whats the prime where you morph ball up these tunnels built in an L shape on some tower, i think its a plant boss or something????...

zero suit sucks and nintendo has been steadily shrinking samus. there's an old magazine scan or something that informs us that she's just under 300 lb and over six feet tall, which is probably more ripped than snake (im not looking that up lmao, you fool), but now she's a skinny waif just like the rest of the nintendo princesses, and comfortably nonthreatening placed next to him. its almost like the japanese are totally incapable on a professional level of allowing well-written female badasses into children's entertainment, when girls are most at need of role models operating on the same level as or above that of males. anyway thats it lates

Lates, brah. Have a chill evening, and don't forget to be excellent.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
uhhh, yeahhh, i'll go into the military. wow, there are guys everywhere, i'm in over my head. hey boys i was raised by birds, im really sort of a bird in spirit myself... i dyed my hair green... wait come back... i'm going to be a space hero and hunt bounties, just you wait! *obsessively works out and contorts body until everything bends both ways*

every other bounty hunter is off doing ship battles in asteroid fields and samus is just repeating the same confusing shitwork pest control gigs like "enter the monster maze planet and exterminate the entire vampire space jellyfish race". samus probably doesn't leaves that drat suit for days at a time. when she does the only other things she can think of to wear are either some sort of functional all-blue jumpsuit or a big dumb leotard

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I bet Samus has body image issues

like she feels really ugly because she doesn't have feathers like the other kids she was raised with

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cobweb Heart posted:

uhhh, yeahhh, i'll go into the military. wow, there are guys everywhere, i'm in over my head. hey boys i was raised by birds, im really sort of a bird in spirit myself... i dyed my hair green... wait come back... i'm going to be a space hero and hunt bounties, just you wait! *obsessively works out and contorts body until everything bends both ways*

every other bounty hunter is off doing ship battles in asteroid fields and samus is just repeating the same confusing shitwork pest control gigs like "enter the monster maze planet and exterminate the entire vampire space jellyfish race". samus probably doesn't leaves that drat suit for days at a time. when she does the only other things she can think of to wear are either some sort of functional all-blue jumpsuit or a big dumb leotard

pfft while you casualtards are hunting down the nastiest criminals in the galaxy, im committing genocide and collecting powerups on various maze planets and space stations :smug:

*slowly unsheaths stun gun like in an anime*

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Metroid ii's kinda eh IMO but like 50% if its soundtrack is just ambient sounds which I find to be cool as gently caress. Also if you're looking for a fresh take on super metroid check out the project base hack. Dude decided to give Samus :siren:NIPPLES:siren: when she dies but other than that it's pretty good.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

There's a demo out for some person's Metroid 2 remake that's really good, check it out.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I don't know why some people are so pessimistic about am2r ever being finished. Dude's made some pretty great progress so far. Could still end up getting C&D'd though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Holyshit look at that foot, it's horribly misshapen and that textured is stretched to it's limits.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I played an older am2r demo like a year ago and it was pretty great then, pretty surprised it's made with game maker

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

AE-35 Unit posted:

I played an older am2r demo like a year ago and it was pretty great then, pretty surprised it's made with game maker

I think they can take OBJs now without screwing them up. The program still has issues with Maya and Max so you have to convert them through an array of programs to get it to accept them. And the 2014 versions are a real mess.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

The Sharmat posted:

I always thought the whole deal with the Fusion weirdness was that because of the whole X-bonding stuff her suit literally got grafted onto her instead of being a sorta will-based thing. As far as I understood it the Fusion suit was basically a thick second layer of skin and aside from like her helmet that's just how she was gonna be for the rest of her life.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Samus isn't autistic, she just doesn't get people.

- Raised by alien birds
- Spends all her time alone
- No friends or family
- Anger issues
- Probably PTSD

You don't have to be autistic to be socially stunted in that situation. I bet when people talk to Samus she stares at them for like a second longer than she needs to before she responds.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
people on the internet espeicially goons say "autistic" to mean "has some kind of brain thing that makes them act all weird" and pro.b don't understand or want to understand anything about mental health problems

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Abandon posted:

people on the internet espeicially goons say "autistic" to mean "has some kind of brain thing that makes them act all weird" and pro.b don't understand or want to understand anything about mental health problems

you are autistic

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
takes one to know one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LaTex Fetish posted:

you are autistic
I like to get up really high in Bubsy 3-D and then jump off and while falling say things like "The Something Awful Forums are good" and "I should post in Imp Zone."

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I like to get up really high in Bubsy 3-D and then jump off and while falling say things like "The Something Awful Forums are good" and "I should post in Imp Zone."

I name the city in SimCity 2000 after stupid idiots and then I summon aliens to take it out and its a good stress reliever.

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

metroid is p awesome, just let samus plunder countless alien ruins, id play em all just like castlevania

prime fuckin owns but i only played it thru trilogy, love the wii controls.
super metroid is da best. i like exploring in zero but it needs more fucken bosses. which is why I like fusion it is loaded down with boss fights, even if they arent all big scary beasts like in super.

basically i am a metroidvania whore

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

• Locked thread