Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Below info blatantly stolen from last year's OP! Hutch has been running the league the past few years, but chose to step down and has passed the league to me.

Here's the thread we always seem to have that no one uses. For a little background, at least for those who came on last year, we've been doing this league since 2001 I think. Here is an unfunny SASWiki link (last updated in 2007): http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/i...?title=Goonball Maybe we should update that link with the past 5 years of results? Meh.

Currently, we sit at nine teams. I'd like to expand the league back to the 12 we used to have, though last year it fell to ten. This means that three new players will not have keepers. But fear not! You're not really at much of a disadvantage, because of the keeper rules we use.

Anyways, after doing this in SAS (and before that in GBS) for the last dozen years, we sort of have this league down. It is a keeper league and the settings are sort of all over the place. It's fun. Here are the settings for those of you who want to see if this something that you want to do:

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: negotiable! Currently set for the night of Saturday August 30
Allow Draft Pick Trades: Yes
Trade Review: Commissioner
Waiver Time: 3 days
Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Reverse order of standings tiebreak
Weekly Waivers: Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, Q/W/R/T, K, D, D, D, DB, DB, DB, DL, DT, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes

Offence
Passing Yards: 20 yards per point; 5 points at 350 yards; 5 points at 500 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -1
Sacks -.75
Rushing Yards 7.5 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 1
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 15 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 300 yards
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Pick Sixes Thrown -4
Field Goals 0-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -5
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -4
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -2
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards -1
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -3

IDP (defence)
Tackle Solo 1.5
Tackle Assist 1
Sack 4
Interception 3
Fumble Force 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Pass Defended 1
Block Kick 2

So yeah, if that looks like something you want to waste another dozen years on, post in the thread and we can discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Keeper rules are pretty simple:
-Each team may keep up to three players
-Keepers are taken two rounds ahead of where they were drafted last year
-Undrafted Free Agents are treated as being drafted in the last round
-Keepers may only be kept for two years (three total spent with team)
-Players drafted in the first three rounds may not be kept (excepting keepers that cost a third round pick)
-Players picked up after The trade deadline may not be kept

And here's some housekeeping to show who will be ineligible to be kept for next year:
3 year hold keeper inelgibles (these players have been held for 2 years after they were drafted/picked up as a free agent):

Jason Pierre-Paul, DeMarco Murray, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Cam Newton, Ben Tate,
Dez Bryant, Jimmy Graham, NaVorro Bowman, Victor Cruz, Andy Dalton, Darrius Heyward-Bey

Draft position keeper inelgibles (these players were selected in the first 3 rounds of the 2013 draft):

Adrian
Peterson, Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy, Calvin Johnson, Arian Foster,
Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Aaron
Rodgers, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, Drew Brees, Alfred Morris,
Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Maurice JOnes-Drew, Stevan Ridley, Chris
Johnson, David Wilson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Steven Jackson,
Peyton Manning, Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne,
Russell Wilson, Darren Sproles

Picked up after the trade deadline/were not on roster at the end of the year
(these players were added/dropped after Thanksgiving):

Picked up after Thankgiving Roster Freeze:

Duke Ihenacho, Marcell Dareus, Danny Woodhead, Julian Edelman, Rashad Jennings,
Toby Gerhart, Kirk Cousins, Nick Roach, LaRon Landry, Patrick Willis, Dennis Pitta,
Steven Hauschka, Dennis Johnson, Jordan Todman

Not on Roster at end of the season:

Robert Mathis, Jurrell Casey, Terrance Williams, Marvin Jones, EJ Manuel, Nate Allen,
Robert Griffin III, Ahmad Brooks, Alec Ogletree, Ladarius Green, Garrett Graham,
Garrett Hartley, Erin Henderson, Delanie Walker

If you guys want to declare your keepers in here, please do so, and I will add them below:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 21, 2014

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I'll keep:

Zac Stacy
Josh Gordon (:420:)
Philip Rivers

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I think I was part of this years ago but Id love to get back in!

How do I sign up? My gmail is jason.wenzel

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

And here I was thinking I'd be without a fantasy league this year. Count me in.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Got the invite, thanks! Ill sign up tomorrow :dance:

hutch
May 30, 2001

Slow, wide & ugly. Just the way I like 'em
The league actually works best with 14 teams. That allows for true round robin format in the regular season (13 weeks) before going into the playoffs. Thanks again for taking it over. After 12 years of running it, it just became old hat and boring to do so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If we can find three more people I'd be fine with getting it to 14, I just figured finding three new owners would be a better starting point.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
is it free? if so i'm interested

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

There is no money involved. We play for bragging rights.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
alright what info do i have to give you to get in this?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just your e-mail, I can invite you when I get home from work (yahoo fantasy is blocked here :()

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
metapod1997@gmail.com

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
I'm gonna win it all this year I swear it.

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005
can i trade some of my extra keepers for draft picks from the new teams

Le'veon Bell (12)
Jeremy Maclin (20)
Dennis Pitta (UD)
Jordan Reed (UD)
Keenan Allen (UD)
Nick Foles (UD)

leonlai86 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 23, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

no

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I set the draft order based on last year's finish and randomized the new teams for the top three spots. Make sure to get your keepers in before the deadline!

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

leonlai86 posted:

can i trade some of my extra keepers for draft picks from the new teams

Le'veon Bell (12)
Jeremy Maclin (20)
Dennis Pitta (UD)
Jordan Reed (UD)
Keenan Allen (UD)
Nick Foles (UD)

Sick draft bro

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So I've never done a keeper league before, pardon my potentially stupid question...I am assuming that each teams keepers will be unavailable to draft? I also noticed in the OP it said Q/W/R/T, but on the site it's only W/R/T, is it a 1QB league or 2QB?

Thanks! Can't wait for this :dance:

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005

Shath Hole posted:

So I've never done a keeper league before, pardon my potentially stupid question...I am assuming that each teams keepers will be unavailable to draft? I also noticed in the OP it said Q/W/R/T, but on the site it's only W/R/T, is it a 1QB league or 2QB?

we changed it to W/R/T flex this year, i'm pretty sure.

hutch
May 30, 2001

yeah, last year we dropped the QB from the flex.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

Shath Hole posted:

Yes for each keeper they will be removed from the draft pool and slotted in at their keeper draft position.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shath Hole posted:

leonlai86 posted:

we changed it to W/R/T flex this year, i'm pretty sure.

We changed it last year and the votes before the season in the league poll were to change it back. I thought I did already so thanks for pointing it out!

Also one of you dummies responded to my e-mail telling you to post your keepers by asking how to set your keepers. The answer is to post in the shame thread for people who didn't set their keepers before the deadline. Or in here, I guess.

If anyone wants to change their keepers before the draft please do so in the same manner.

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005
Oh wait, when did we have a vote? I don't remember this.

Also, is there a place where I can see who is keeping whom? Helps with draft prep

speaking of draft: can we make it a different time? That's in the middle of dinner, also football

leonlai86 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 29, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

leonlai86 posted:

Oh wait, when did we have a vote? I don't remember this.

Also, is there a place where I can see who is keeping whom? Helps with draft prep

speaking of draft: can we make it a different time? That's in the middle of dinner, also football

I made a thread and a poll in the league almost immediately after it was created, so we had a vote for the last three-ish months.

As far as the draft time goes, if we can get a consensus on a time that works for peopel, sure, but I set it ten days ago and mentioned in this very thread that it was negotiable when I did so.

I don't know if it will show you other teams keepers. I have a tab I can view as commish, maybe they'll show up in draft results?

hutch
May 30, 2001

everyone else's keepers will show up in the "Draft Results" tab once you finalize the keeper list.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'd be down to push the draft back 1.5 to 2 hours. 7PM CST would be great. If no consensus, it is what it is :shrug:

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005
another topic of discussion:

do you think it would be more fair to push adding the QB flex to next season? the new teams are disadvantaged as it is, but they will be even more so since I don't know how many people are keeping QBs but if a large majority of us are, then it makes it much more difficult for them.

does that make sense? because we drafted in a one QB league last year so their draft positions may have been lower and therefore better value for a now essentially 2 QB league

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
As one of the new people I would like to state that I don't care whether its a 1qb or 2qb just tell which one it is so I can figure out some sort of strat

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

leonlai86 posted:

another topic of discussion:

do you think it would be more fair to push adding the QB flex to next season? the new teams are disadvantaged as it is, but they will be even more so since I don't know how many people are keeping QBs but if a large majority of us are, then it makes it much more difficult for them.

does that make sense? because we drafted in a one QB league last year so their draft positions may have been lower and therefore better value for a now essentially 2 QB league

there are three (e: four because sba didn't use the "click a box" keeper tools in the league) quarterbacks being kept and two of them (Kaepernick and Foles) I'm pretty sure would have been kept whether we were doing one QB or two QB.

Also you guys had three months to talk about this!

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 30, 2014

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Everything is great as is, let's draft!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

sba posted:

I'll keep:

Zac Stacy
Josh Gordon (:420:)
Philip Rivers

this wasnt good enough?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sba posted:

this wasnt good enough?

You didn't tell me what team you are!

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
I kind of hate my team :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Reviving this thread for the superbowl! Looks like it's going to be the new andre and myself.

Who is the new andre? Looks like it should be a good game :getin:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good luck guys!

I'll do some end of the year bookkeeping (ineligible keepers and all that jazz) in the thread sometime late this year or early next to get us a head start on next season, as well. Also probably some votes for changes.

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005

Shath Hole posted:

Reviving this thread for the superbowl! Looks like it's going to be the new andre and myself.

Who is the new andre? Looks like it should be a good game :getin:

hello

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

#1 and #2 in both seed and points scored. Let's burn this bitch down with a 300 to 298 point superbowl! :rock:

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005
what a low scoring week so far. at least MNF will be interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

leonlai86 posted:

what a low scoring week so far. at least MNF will be interesting

Congrats on the win, buddy! I thought Peyton was gonna pull it out there for me until the Pick 6 :(

• Locked thread