Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

I"m probably gonna buy it regardless so my dad can hop on my acc and play it, but figured no harm in asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I suspect it may in fact not live up to the hype

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i got really tired of borderlands half way through 2 so i will probably not enjoy it but i hope you will, OP

also i like your avatar

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I am looking forward to playing it with my friends.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Will my next fart smell like a fresh summer breeze?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

only if you like epic memes op

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
No.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its borderlands

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WindmillSlayer posted:

I"m probably gonna buy it regardless so my dad can hop on my acc and play it, but figured no harm in asking.

OP, it seems like a game a dad could enjoy. However, they likely will not understand most of the memes, or will find them so novel that you will hear about them for weeks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember when my dad first learned the phrase "butt pirates" and I'm 23 years old.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

OP, it seems like a game a dad could enjoy. However, they likely will not understand most of the memes, or will find them so novel that you will hear about them for weeks.

This.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
More like Borederlands

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Buy 3DS Smash Bros the day before and play that instead until a big sale on new Borderlands

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goons dislike borderlands for having memes and a 13 year old girl who speaks like a wigger but its a good game

i hope doge gets in the next game thoguh, gently caress yeah!!!

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Are we talking about the new one that's gonna be walking dead with memes? Yeah man telltale joints are the poo poo

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

goons dislike borderlands for having memes and a 13 year old girl who speaks like a wigger but its a good game

i hope doge gets in the next game thoguh, gently caress yeah!!!

I can deal with retarded memes and that's not what made me dislike it. The gameplay was just kind of bland and repetitive.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It's gonna be more of the same, so if you liked BL2 you'll probably like it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

WindmillSlayer posted:

Yea.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

A lot of people on this forum don't like video games so you should just listen to your heart, and trust your gamer's instinct.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Pewdiepie posted:

A lot of people on this forum don't like video games so you should just listen to your heart, and trust your gamer's instinct.

True word life from the Pewdster

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
borderlands would be fun if it had less unfunny jokes, less walking through endless empty zones, less boring weapons and less time spent not shooting things but they havent managed any of these things so far so im gonna give u a preemptive "i doubt it gamer"

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i always thought the whole "you/the enemies are literally invincible due to the level gap" thing was pretty loving dumb

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

only if you like epic memes from 5 years ago op

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
it has wolverine and a hot sheriff chick so its gonna own

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

It'll probably be just as terrible as the other games, OP.

Dec 26, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

agreed

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
this one isnt by gearbox so it might actually wind up alright if they dont make it grind city

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Reminder that the games lead writer frames tweets to show them off in his apartment.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

wow some dumbass paid money to frame this.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Holy poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I can't think of any upcoming game that would be a worse investment than Borderlands Prequel Sequel

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I can't think of any upcoming game that would be a worse investment than Borderlands Prequel Sequel

dragon age inquisition

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Fable Anniversary

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is awesome.

• Locked thread