Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I do it the lazy way and set up the GMOB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, the whole MacGuffin quest turned into a somewhat tolerable, if time consuming quest into a nightmare of little variable and optimization and a whole ton of garbage I hate doing each ascension. It's actually one of the reasons I kinda haven't played for a long time :smith:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'd say that Amphibian Sympathy is for sure way better, and maaaaaaybe Tao and Hero of the Half Shell are more important. Wisdom is definitely up there.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I played through West of Loathing getting most if not all of the side quests done in about 11 hours, it was very very good. The combat was turbofucked as a Beanslinger with rifle lady as I just stacked spell damage and nuked the entire screen every time in one or two turns but the writing was phenomenal, so many great little jokes.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Could I be made not inactive anymore in the clan? West of Loathing gave me the itch to play again, oops. Same username as here.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Is there a good script to see approximately how much stuff is worth or at least check your account for old Mr Store/event items that are stupidly expensive? After coming back from a long hiatus I have no idea what's worth anything anymore, and I discovered I had 13418 FDKOL commendations that can be made into about 100m worth of meat in skill books.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

IMJack posted:

Install CFStat using Mafia's script manager if you haven't already. Then get the script in the last post in this thread: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2628-What-are-you-worth-networth-ash-will-tell-you/page21

It might take a while to catalog everything.

Rad, I will do this when I'm out of HC.
I just got the genie bottle, any recommendation for wishes other than the +2 blessed etc, particularly what monsters to wish for besides LFM and ghost?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

jerkstores posted:

Writing desk if you can digitize. KGE for the level 5 quest. Baa'baa'bu'ran. Dirty Thieving Brigand to do the nuns quest early as a frat.

I've also been using it for the Frosty effect when doing Brigands and Tomb rats back to back.

The genie is great!

None of the stuff that allows me to further copy stuff still works in standard :(

Baa'baa'bu'ran will cut a handful of turns off of the temple though, and Frosty seems super useful in a bunch of places, thanks!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Your first runs probably be perming advanced cocktail crafting and pastamancery in either order, then advanced saucecrafting. With those three skills you can generate basically twice as many turns per day as you could before, especially if you're in hardcore. Throw Ode to Booze on top of that and you're set.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Getting back into the 4 day and under 1000 adventure ascension loop, even with only 3 usable IOTMs (Lovebugs, Meteors, Genie). Feels good. Should probably offload some of my billionish meat in sellable stuff and pick up some of the earlier ones from this year, but ehhh.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Lining up the guy made of bees in the haunted bathroom isn't optimal usually, but instantly completes the flyer quest. If you also grab an antique hand mirror and have funkslinging, you can throw that on the same turn (flyers first!) and get a decent spleen item out of it.

If you don't have a YR, you can also purchase a spacegate emergency disintegrator from the mall for a millionish and learn a spell that costs 150MP to cast.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

Stupid question: if you ascend, does the genie bottle go back to being corked?

No, it's still opened. Pretty much every item released in the last three years is a consumable that gives you an untradable item, gone are the days of the box of bear arms and rain-doh that would fix themselves.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The pickpocket seems to be a forced drop, basically a rave steal.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

certainly nice for the filthworms and a couple other forceable drops but it's a whooooooooole lot of combats for half a bridge and some mediocre foods/muscle stat boosters

as someone who doesn't have a usable fairy IOTM from the last two years and has been relying on a slimeling he's nice, but I'd rather just keep using my fairy worn boots if I could

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Ode to booze, cocktailcrafting, pastamancery, and saucecrafting are totally the first skills to get. Those allow you to double (or more) your turn generation.

And yeah, for super low skill runs, try something like avatar of sneaky Pete or Boris, those will be a lot easier than a low perm run.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

uncertainty posted:

I don't think that is true for the crafting skills if you run with the barrel mimic. It gives me enough green booze (3 adv / drunk) and enough for 5 blue burritos (3.83 adv/full).
I don't think any of the reasonably doable crafted foods / drinks beat that.

The barrel mimic is pretty great and is a volley, but it'll also be out of standard in 2 months.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I ground out olfaction way back when you could only do one bounty per day. It sucks, but it’s an invaluable skill for shortening runs. Just do em every day you can.

Once stuff falls out of standard, it can’t be used in standard runs and challenge paths made after it’s out of standard. All the skills come back once you break the prism and finish the run.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Oh yeah and it’s the space gate so it’ll be good for a long time

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

sfwarlock posted:

Tammy and her elves appear to have packed up and left - taking the Cheer-o-Vend with them. Ditto mimes and the warehouse. Hopefully no one had cheer or keys they were sitting on!

(
[07:31] You have 4 crystalline cheer.
[07:31] You have 19 warehouse keys.
)

whoops, I figured we'd get some warning

oh well

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

a 29 year old dating a 19 year old is creepy no matter how you cut it anyway

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Grapplejack posted:

If you want to play this game and also don't want to play this game the latest challenge path can be done in zero turns with no input from you!

maybe I'll log in again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

so a sequel was just announced

and released

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1939160/Shadows_Over_Loathing/