Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingdong914
Jul 31, 2014
Hola, genuinely witty forum full of intelligent people. Allow myself to introduce myself. I am a Star Trek nerd since the early 80's that's entertained by the poking fun of other Star Trek nerds, which is probably why I've been so addicted to this stupid game called Star Trek Online since Feb 2012. I enjoy fake explosions, the make-believe blowing up of stuff, or the beating up of things, so my gaming history consists of the following:

Gunship/Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and other combat flight simulators from the 80's I can't remember (am an Air Force brat, so this is what I grew up with instead of Mario Bros or Pac-Man)
Double Dragon
Vitrua Fighter
Multiple Mortal Combat, Street Fighter, various WWF titles
Goldeneye
Star Trek: Starfleet Command
KOTOR series
Homeworld (and modded the poo poo out of it bc I like cheating)
STO
NHL/FIFA/Madden from 92-current

Have a daughter due in late Nov so I'm looking forward to teaching her to become a closet Star Trek fan, and the best way to kick boys in the nuts. I'm also a football/soccer and fantasy football geek so it will be fun to see if I can still pay attention to everything and win two leagues at the same time with a pregnant wife/eventual baby gobbling up my time.

So how did I get here? Once upon a time when I was bored after completing everything at end game in STO, I came across an interesting band of disco party players concerned with fire safety and best practices to promote tooth and gum health. I believe everyone should practice safe pew pewing, learn how to not be crap when blowing up stuff and try not to gently caress each other in virtual public.

So to sum up, my wife thinks this is all a hilarious waste of time... but she also likes the real housewives of reality TV and the Kim Cardassians, so what does she know? :v:

Say hello to me, why don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Hello

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

Dingdong914 posted:

Hola, genuinely witty forum full of intelligent people. Allow myself to introduce myself. I am a Star Trek nerd since the early 80's that's entertained by the poking fun of other Star Trek nerds, which is probably why I've been so addicted to this stupid game called Star Trek Online since Feb 2012. I enjoy fake explosions, the make-believe blowing up of stuff, or the beating up of things, so my gaming history consists of the following:

Gunship/Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and other combat flight simulators from the 80's I can't remember (am an Air Force brat, so this is what I grew up with instead of Mario Bros or Pac-Man)
Double Dragon
Vitrua Fighter
Goldeneye
KOTOR series
STO

Have a daughter due in late Nov so I'm looking forward to teaching her to become a closet Star Trek fan, and the best way to kick boys in the nuts. I'm also a football/soccer and fantasy football geek so it will be fun to see if I can still pay attention to everything and win two leagues at the same time with a pregnant wife/eventual baby gobbling up my time.

So how did I get here? Once upon a time when I was bored after completing everything at end game in STO, I came across an interesting band of disco party players concerned with fire safety and best practices to promote tooth and gum health. I believe everyone should practice safe pew pewing, learn how to not be crap when blowing up stuff and try not to gently caress each other in virtual public.

So to sum up, my wife thinks this is all a hilarious waste of time... but she also likes the real housewives of reality TV and the Kim Cardassians, so what does she know? :v:

same

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
when your daughter gets born in november, whisper in her ear "i loving suck," it'll save her a lot of time

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
I dont like your name or the way you do anything and i hope this hurts your feelings

quote:

Have a daughter due in late Nov so I'm looking forward to teaching her to become a closet Star Trek fan
someone just call the police now

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i have a level 48 ferengi science officer in STO.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
As the recipient of the Lowtax "Medal for Excellent Posting" I shall say this

gas thread ban op

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hello friend

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dingdong914 posted:

Double Dragon
Vitrua Fighter
Goldeneye
KOTOR series
STO

hey idiot, hows life?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

also i had a chuckle irl over "Kim Cardassian"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chuck yeagers air combat rules i'm glad grandpa didn't get shot down so he could rubber stamp that kick rear end game.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
You have quite a treasure in that horadric cube...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I transmute my pubes into a wig for your balding head using my Horadric Cube.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
:10bux:

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Cool thread OP. If you like those fighting games you should check out killer instinct and rival schools if you can get your hands on them.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Hi OP. You seem great and I hope we'll be fast friends!

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
i love you

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Greetings.

KimJongUnstoppable
Sep 18, 2010

Juche Lyfe 4 Ever!
Aatrek parachute account finally spotted

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hey kid! How you doing?

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I'm gay.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
[img]http://users.content.ytmnd.com/1/0/9/109ed7dee5a71eab0263e5bf0fbbd5c5.jpg[img]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
the king of posting welcums u

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Dingdong914 posted:

Double Dragon
Vitrua Fighter
Goldeneye
KOTOR series
STO

Goddamnit, even in GBS I can't escape the reach of this lovely game.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

johntherussian posted:

[timg]http://users.content.ytmnd.com/1/0/9/109ed7dee5a71eab0263e5bf0fbbd5c5.jpg[timg]

whoa!

ilikedirt posted:

the king of posting welcums u

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
thats alot of dicks!

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Jinx And Dingdong914 Friends Forever.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

look if you don't talk about your first gay sexual experience in this thread then you can't be in the clan. there are no exceptions to this rule. also if you could have your wife post and testify as to your character (maybe answer some questions about you) that's really important

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
pretty good for a hi im new thread but your gaming resume is loving GARBAGE and you should be ashamed.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Hey kid! How you doing?

I am fine. How are you?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
What's STO?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

sexually transmitted orgasms

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

its this game you play where you get excited to go to DS9 and then when you get there it sucks because you feel like you're two and a half feet tall. hope this helps.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Star trek fan, do we report him now for molesting his daughter or wait till shes born?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

is this postironic

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I am fine. How are you?

good enough.

Don't know do you?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Feminition posted:

is this postironic
GBS is never ironic.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Everyone knows Romulan is the best class. Welcome fellow sto player to the great forums of the internet!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Hello, and thank you for your time in writing the post.

IM GAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
wow not a single word about goku, what a loser

• Locked thread