Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

gently caress that game though, play xenonauts.

yeah. or at least play long war b/c that poo poo gets crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

thats understandable, i wish they made a not so long not so long war or something that kept the cool class stuff and squad leaders and increased squad size and changed diplomacy without lengthening the timescale so drastically

Dec 26, 2012

yeah im saying there could be an even more compressed one than that

Dec 26, 2012

Concordat posted:

I too miss the firing lines of full auto laser-rifle fire and rockets taking out farmhouses.

Edit: Firaxis claims that while developing the new XCOM they accurately remade the old game in the new engine and then started stripping things away that the modern console gamer can't understand. Kinda wonder why they don't just release that dev build.

lack of fire mode selection really bugs me. like that wouldnt even be THAT hard to do

Dec 26, 2012

scalded schlong posted:

it's probably because they lie

yeah i seriously doubt they went through the trouble to put in poo poo like facing, light sources, etc and then took it out. like that would be completely stupid on every level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Ain't facing in the new Xcom or is there a new new Xcom I didn't play yet.

yeah i mean like theres no way they had it in, as per the assertion that they completely remade the original game, and then removed it

• Locked thread