Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

"I'm Bender, baby, please insert liquor!"
Ethiopia is a country that has always fascinated me. I think it has a very rich historical and cultural tradition, of which I know a little, but for which I have had trouble finding out a lot of information. Wikipedia and google gave me some general information about the various ethnic groups and languages of Ethiopia, as well as some general history. However, there is a surprising lack of information online (no podcasts that I can find on Ethiopian history, and not a lot of detailed websites devoted to it). Also, the few books that I can find on the subject seem to be either dodgy with their details or extremely biased in their accounts.

If there are any Ethiopian goons out there, or goons who have studied Ethiopian History and Culture, I'd love to learn more and possibly ask some questions.

Alternatively, if you know of some good resources that I may have missed (websites, podcasts, books, etc), please let me know.

Specific areas of interest include the Aksum Empire, the Solomonic Dynasty, and the Beta Israel/Ethiopian Jews (although my understanding is that most of them have long ago moved to Israel?) . Although I do have interest in other periods of Ethiopian history and also customs, culture, dress, etc of the various Ethiopian ethnic groups).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread