Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bucnasti posted:

Well if anyone want's to print their own it's from a guy named Stanislav Kuznetsov.
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-ork-barbarian-female-165450

They aren't cheap, but I like the cut of their jib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Ugleb posted:

Also, things I saw over the weekend:

I'm gonna need a source on that.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

SiKboy posted:

There was a story I liked which someone posted in a thread probably a couple of years ago (it was the thread about like... racists in the hobby? Stuff like that. It went WAAAY off the rails and was closed about 8 times, but there was some good stuff inbetween the drama) about some guy, possibly a game designer, who had gorgeously painted WW2 allied forces, all details perfect, great care taken. His German army for when it was his turn to play as the axis had been painted with two coats of spray paint (I think black and pink?) and then chucked in a cardboard box.

That was Jack Radey, founder of People's Wargames. They made classic hex-based grognard wargames set on the Eastern Front, and - notably - without blonds Nazis standing tall in their Panzer turret on the cover. Very good stuff. For miniatures his German army was spray painted black and when units were eliminated he chucked them back in the cardboard box labelled "fascists".

He used to come by the game store. Good dude to shoot the breeze with on a slow Saturday.

e. EFB. And Jack is indeed waaaaay left.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Nice job on the weatheri... oh.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Here's the video on cloaks and textures I'd been looking for. There are a lot of techniques in one short video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFKkAcLBp5Q

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Miles O'Brian posted:

I had never thought about painting on a grid before, that tip was worth the click alone

The grid changes the project from "I could never do that" to "that would be a lot of work", an entirely different prospect.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

i hear the saturnV rocket is utterly badass to make and have

I have built this kit, it's right over there next to my comfy chair. On the one hand, it's an amazing build experience, and on the other you end up with a Saturn rocket three feet high and how the gently caress do you not want one ?

You want one, obtain and build this kit as soon as possible, you're hella missing out otherwise.

dddddd

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

a7m2 posted:

I gotta know what you thought it might have been other than "adult only content"

Probably an age of consent thing.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I took the Ork megaboss for my free Warhammer+ mini, and now I regret it.

Except for printing and painting the big fuckoff statue of course.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Floppychop posted:

There was an overdone meme that made the rounds a few months ago of people drawing characters in that pose.

iirc what started it was an anime did it and some people made the art as satire of the ridiculous pose, while other side it for purely horny reasons

That's the Hawkeye Initiative, draw a male character in the same kind of bullshit poses female characters get put into.

https://thehawkeyeinitiative.tumblr.com/

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Should add a bonus attack in grappling combat.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Her chiropractor must be making a fortune off of her.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Legendary!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

miniscule12 posted:

I tried one, wasn't impressed but it might be good for battletech.

Might look better if you finish the box.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

John Blanche was a genius.

Very few artists have the opportunity to set a creative direction and just go with it for decades, and I'm glad he got it. He's showing up at cons to hang out nowadays, he was at Bring Out Your Lead this summer.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

How about 2e Space Marines in Playdoh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLpp-aM-vY

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Miles O'Brian posted:

Blessed are the Pennetent

Should have primed them before bundling them together, but reasonably clever. Unless that turns into an army of SoB corrupted by Nurgle.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Close thread, start a new one. That's peak content right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

That's really not that bad. It's an excellent concept, you know some really weird poo poo has rolled out of the Eye of Terror over the millennia. If you hate it, take solace in the sure fact that the creator is absolutely mortified at all the little flaws no one else will notice in the hi-res photo.