Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sharks don't have necks. sharks are the oldest line of scrunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

JerryLee posted:

I can't remember if this has shown up in this thread yet

drat that's a hosed up dreaded wolf.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The piece is a response to the non copyrightability of Space Marine shoulder pads. It's a Warhampster.

We need some gundhams now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

PantsOptional posted:

Yup, that sure is what that model needed all right. Bonus points: the caption in the imgur gallery says "this model was begging for it."

Nice. If I'm gonna pay $99 for my figure I want it to be anatomically correct.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Fsmhunk posted:

Heroic Scale dick.

That head is huge!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ugh moola this isn't the awesome kawaii models thread.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Knees over toes - more like bad squats :mad:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'd be okay with some "ladies and dudes who are comfortable with their weight" minis, but not in a military setting.

Some fat cowboy for Legends of the Old West? Hell yeah! (I have one, his name is Bobba Fat.) A fat infantryman? :getout:

They're fine if they're militia. Especially if you've ever seen the informal US border patrol 2nd amendment types.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Doctor Borris posted:

You know, I'm also kinda ok with a sexy mode psyker / wizard or some kind of rear commander that is a support model. Something where maybe a little less clothes could be a personal choice. I'm also fine with, like in Malifaux, they have a undead hooker spirit killed and now out for revenge. I mean once a ghost hits that low in their life, I say dress as they want!

Its the frontline grunt infantry that always annoy me. I dislike the models who are supposed to be tough getting weird clothing passes, especially when their direct compatriots are obviously wearing flak vests or power suits. For example, I'd be fine with Captain Tits in a Catachan Army, when everyone is 'roided up and it looks like a WWE meeting that has gone terribly wrong (right?). Where the whole army is operating under "Rule of Cool".

Topless Ladies welcome!

I'll be in my tent!

She makes me hot.

I kick started the raging heroes TGG1 set and got some of the less terrible models. Many of those that I got were of the Rambo girls faction. The "we can do it!" Tank buster, woman sitting on tank threads with explosives, sniper wearing Mickey Mouse ears, and Lt. standing and pointing are my fave of the bunch. I didn't get it but they also have a pyro model too.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I was drawn in by the necromancy model cuz it reminded me of Psycho Mantis. I was turned off by the boob armor (sucks cuz some of those iron empire models were gorgeous) but there were plenty which weren't as pronounced or were covered up by the guns like the snipers. And the Rambo girls where at least it made more sense.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I can see making such dioramas as good intentioned war atrocity art statements, especially since a lot of war gamers forget what it is their factions actually do. What I don't get is wanting to play with such a diorama, outside of maybe performance art, as a regular part of the terrain as it looks like it is.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:vince:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would realistically pay $30 for the original scrunt.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That is why I don't have the original scrunt. :/ like maybe $35 is the most I'll pay for it but that's also the max I'll pay for the ankylosaurus.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bearguy is appropriate for kawaii anime tau. Led by the tsundere commander shadow sun of course.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lol a literal dickbutt. :mrgw:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:mrgw:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wierre posted:

I just found this for sale:

14$ + postage if anyone wishes to have it!

Ugh, the lazy airbrush style is the worst.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SteelMentor posted:

Actual answer: Poster back on Bolter & Chainsword who converted up a large army of Titty Marines/commissioned a -lot- of art of said Titty Marines. I can't seem to find any of the threads he started back on that board, I do remember he'd get hyper-defensive against any criticism and the mods had to keep locking his threads.

I once got a tau forgeworld model from someone I later learned was doc thunder. I seem to remember taking it apart and keeping only the forgeworld bits since even his tau crisis suits had huge tits. I should mention that I only learned about the giant-tiddy tau when I opened it, but even at the time felt it was something you should probably tell your potential buyer.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah...let's just say I made sure to clean the parts very well.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Flavivirus posted:

There's a 40k larp in the UK called Death Unto Darkness that uses nerf guns.
Well, they got the range and tacticlol part of the weapons down, at least.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

moths posted:

I still hoped they were Rainbow Warriors even after I realized they weren't.

Nah. Rainbow warriors have a distinct green and white pattern and the following mascot

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm guessing X-wing's mostly flat surfaces leads to much better prepainted minis than typical humanoid figures because I don't think I have ever seen one that didn't look like rear end.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mango sentinel posted:

Oh my god that's official?

:q:
Finally, something that can actually be called pro-painted

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Moola posted:

I want a whole board like this
:same: I am not creative enough to have figured that style on my own but that's pretty amazing. It certainly matches the more cartoony and clean style of cel shading I paint on my minis! You can probably put some manga/comic screentones to give it more depth.

E: there's gotta be some papercraft style that's already been around for stuff like this. You can probably make some simple bushes by folding green paper in odd ways to make it stand.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That's a nice mermaid, but I do think the gradient should have a smoother transition and incorporate more colors.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ugleb posted:

baby oil

So, just curious, what would be the best minis to depict Jojo characters?

E: I figure Moola is already working on this

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Whoa it's that caterpillar dinosaur HQ from ZOIDS!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I don't know if it's worse that a probably terrible 1970s game with potato sculpts gets kickstarter funding or if those miniatures masquerading as board games but with decent sculpts get even more funding.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kwyndig posted:

OGRE is only a 70's game in the sense that the first edition came out in the 70's. It's one of Steve Jackson's pet projects so the rules are actually fairly solid.

Also, again, this is only a minis KS, the actual OGRE kickstarter made nearly a million dollars and financed the production of an enormous box of stuff for backers as well as convinced them to pull the trigger on production of 6th edition.

So what you're telling me is that I got it backwards and OGRE may be a decent game with lovely minis vs. Dark Souls/Conan/etc. with amazing minis and a terrible game. Still wonder which one is worse...probably the minis, even though at KS prices they tend to be a steal.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would compare dark souls to coop munchkin but with a board. It's pretty bad.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ugleb posted:

From what I have seen and heard of KD there is a game with lots of interesting potential that has had tons of thought go into it along with a very well sculpted line of minis to build the world with.
:stare:
It's literally Talisman.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:lol: if playing a worker placement heavy economic game doesn't get you hard. My cube towers are giant phallus monuments to the free market.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Owns.

JcDent posted:

Anime was a mistake

I may have a forgeworld crisis suit that I have similarly anime-fied. I'll try to find it to post it in this thread where it belongs.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Len posted:

It's a game that has an Ork named after Margaret Thatcher but jetpack robots are insane.

To be fair, Eureka Seven wasn't a niche pop culture thing back then that GW could rip off too. E7 has surfing giant robots but rollerblading giant robots would be :krad: too

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I saw the muscles and the painting looked great, what's wrong with i- then I saw the belt.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SRM posted:

I still don't really know what I'm looking for here.

Great painting around the muscles but the painter just did some splotchy teal for verdigris effects on the brass. You can just see a bunch of pooling and its just odd that there's so much effort elsewhere and the painter just seems to have given up at the end.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The face looks cool. It's Aquashrek!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Since breasts reasonably appear in every piece of Star Wars media, this list only includes specific mentions of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Owns