Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

JcDent posted:

LOTR minis have their misses, like fat elves.
What, like ALL elves have to be skinny and pale and waifish? That's some pretty racist poo poo right there. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Zaphod42 posted:

I remember thinking the first hobbit movie was so good and so promising...
I remember thinking, "OK, we have a goofy, kid-friendly, comic relief wizard riding a sleigh drawn by bunnies, and not five minutes later we're decapitating orcs; who the gently caress is the target audience for this movie?"

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
One of the things that struck me about the most recent Necron Codex was how lovely so many of the models looked. In particular all the Mephrit photos re-used from the...Shield of Baal supplement I think? Those minis were rear end, and definitely did not deserve to be Codex-quality photostock.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Whoever has that Deadpool army is most likely an insufferable person IRL.
Insufferable because that fucker is apparently single-handedly keeping ForgeWorld in business.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I always dug the Chaos Dwarves. Or Ruinous Duardain, I guess they'd be now. Whatever.

But yes, he looks good. I'd probably paint his lower lip and jutting teeth to distinguish them from his bead, but the highlighting is clean and the armor is well done.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Uroboros posted:

I assumed the railgun had zero recoil, just a huge electromagnetic discharge that you think might play hell with the electronics of other weapons...
Newton's Second Law would imply otherwise. :eng101:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
This creeps me right the gently caress out.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I see the Culexus assassin has the black-rubber-glove two-finger-proctology thing going on.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Green Intern posted:

I didn't notice the naked quad-amputee until you pointed it out. :(
No, don't you get it? The naked quad-amputee is the best lure for the voraciously lusty human male; all the "important" parts are there, but she can't get away.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I get confused when amputees float nude in midair. It makes me distrust them.
I bet you're also the kind of person who doesn't approach the shabby, windowless Econoline van with "FREE CANDY" hastily spray-painted on the side too, aren't you? That's OK, more candy for me.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Is it just me, or are their heads disproportionately tiny?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Moola posted:

lol if you dont just throw your hands up in the air and wizz on full auto
Pro-tip: spin in circles while doing so. You'll make friends, I assure you.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
You know, I hate to say it, but absent the swastikas and SS crap, that Gestapo-brown-with-red-accents color scheme on Termihitler is actually really eye-catching and very nicely executed, and would probably make for a really nice army on the table. :cripes:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

goatface posted:

I think they drilled out a bellybutton.
OK, so it's not just me that thought that...

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Yeah, this anatomy issue is one area where the heavy armor stuff from Infinity is super-cool:

They bypass the whole thing by leaving the pilot's arms exposed and just having the armor's arm motions mimic those of the pilot.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Because anybody can trim counters.
Yes, and most of us don't even bother.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Colonial Air Force posted:

That's the money shot, baby!
:10bux: to the first Goon that buys this mini and paints her that way.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I enjoyed painting infinity, and I think it's relatively easy to make them look really good due to the sculpt quality. That said true scale can be terrifying if you aren't accustomed to it.
My first true scale minis were for Aetherium, and yeah, it's a pretty sizeable paradigm shift. Your first thought is always, "My GODS! They're so tiny and spindly!" But once you get the hang of it, I think the end results are pretty :krad:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
The pole is a nice touch. :rolleyes:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Paper Kaiju posted:

Over in the Board Game thread, we were hating dice long before it was cool.
loving TG hipsters...

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
In terms of crazy-weird probabilities, I think Infinity's system is pretty cool. They have this sort of "The Price Is Right" mechanic where you and your opponent are both trying to get as high as you can without going over, but you're probably looking for different target numbers and rolling a different number of dice. The game is thus all about stacking the number of dice and the target numbers for those dice in your favor.

And one of the things I love about it is that re-rolls are exceedingly rare (and cost you a highly limited resource to use). Playing 40K where everybody and their brother has Preferred Enemy, Twin-Linked, Master Crafted, Feel No Pain, Reanimation Protocols, or whatever is ridiculous. It takes for loving ever to accomplish anything because there are absurdly common special rules that allow you to re-roll literally every roll in the game. Even the roll to go first ("Haha! Now I shall attempt to 'Steal The Initiative' from you!!!!"). Madness.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

If it is the will of the dice that they fly out of the box and onto the floor, their roll shall stand unless thy carpet is deep.
Heresy! Floor dice are anathema, and shall not be counted! It is known!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Star Man posted:

I spin a dreidel when I need a randomizer.
We have a dreidel that is not so random. It is loaded in the oddest way; when spun counterclockwise, it always comes up "shin." When spun clockwise, it always comes up "nun."

For the dreidel-uninitiated, both of those results suck.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

goatface posted:

I would be interested in how it looks under normal lighting conditions.

Same.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

JcDent posted:

Historicals players are always a step away from playing papercut anyways. You'd be surprised at willingness to play games with colored blocks of wood.
That's because the number of tiny minis you need to have to actually play most historicals is ridiculous. When I think about the amount of time it would take me to paint up enough tiny mans to run even a medium level ACW engagement, it makes me all :negative:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Triceratons are the coolest poo poo. No dinosaur is more deserving of being a space marine than the triceratops.
Hush your filthy whore mouth; the Ankylosaurus is better in every conceivable way. :colbert:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Fun fact, 'Assassinorum' is the term for the minimum number of assassins it takes to kill a target. It's 4. One of each kind.
Doesn't that make it an "Assassinquorum"? :rimshot:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

moths posted:

But I'm getting off-topic.

Jesus loving Christ, what am I looking at here? :stare:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Awaken Realms is notorious for their heavy-handed airbrushing and ridiculous overuse of badly-executed OSL.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I don't... I... What... What am I...

Dear GODS, man, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

jadebullet posted:

At least he his honest about the paint job not being "pro painted"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-4...%3D141911997231

It's a shame about the head (well, and the paint job) because the Carnifex crushing claws on a Daemon Prince is actually kind of rad.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

goatface posted:

That yoke will slide right off if the lizard-thing ever drops its tail anyway.
Nope, it's stapled on.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Baron Snow posted:

how about a blood bowl team?

gently caress you, these own. At least this guy didn't give GW money.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Helen Highwater posted:

*Couldn't* care less. Otherwise you are saying that you do care quite a bit.

No, no - I could care less; I just don't. Meaning my level of caring is pretty drat low, and it would take me :effort: to actively care less, and that effort feels suspiciously like caring about how much I'm not caring.

You are right, of course, but both are used interchangably here.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
What the...I don't even... ???

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Respect nothin', it was probably the result of a restraining order.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Wait, you mean "Pervy" wasn't one of the original Smurfs?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

moths posted:

I look forward to a six page tutorial on weathering butt cheeks.

Indeed. As I was scrolling down and seeing the view effectively rotate, I got to the part where you could start to see the redness on her rear end cheeks, and was like, "Oh, good lord, did he actually make it look like she's been freshly spanked? That's in pretty po..." :stonk:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
"No, you don't understand; I've ... seen things..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I'm the lovingly-sculpted ball-gag.