Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

It kinda bothers me how everyhting else is so nicely highlighted but the rear end is just one skin color with a brown line in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nebalebadingdong posted:

the eternal miniatures dilemma: you can't shoot nazis without someone sincerely wanting to be the nazis

That's basically the catch-22 of any historical game. In videogames like battlefield, war thunder, etc it's the same thing. You'll notice there's a couple dudes each round who always team switch to the axis side and often have really dogwhistle names. Or really blatant names. It's kinda scary.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

pool party orc

pool party orc

This rules tho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I dont like how theyre all uniformly cut at the same angle

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

As a multiyear KS superbacker, don't overestimate the persuasion of stretch goals. You could be like, "Once we hit $100k for Pile-of-poo poo, we'll throw in a Tshirt" and I would absolutely sprain my wrist from the force of slamming the left mouse button to back it.

That battle pug is pretty sick.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I kinda just want to get a few colors as they look like some GW colors, but in dropper bottles. IE I can finally get a mephiston red analog as all the others I've tried just aren't bright enough or are the wrong hue.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Eediot Jedi posted:

Nundam was thrown around the day they were previewed, don't give this dude any credit.

Also I thought from the discussion alone I knew exactly which 3d modeller it was, but nope I'm thinking of a different horny hams dude.

E: nundam is great though, up there with wehreboo in my favourite words.

Ouiaboo is pretty good alternative to francophile but it only works over text

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Nah, that's the legs.

Bad intention, good execution is any pro painted kingdom death model.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Winklebottom posted:

why do nazis at all, who asked for nazi orcs

Poland?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
surf armageddon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6HF7mxTlo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TotalHell posted:

I just wanna know how the nude lady with glasses doing a boudoir pin-up pose is a soldier.

didn't you ever see the first scene from the terminator?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Sergio Calvo and Angel Giraldez are nuts. Also I appreciate how Sergio Calvo's English has improved in the past year.

The real insane painter is Juli Werra:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i'm betting they use the same kind of microscope an ENT uses for cochlear implants or something on those lines

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DicktheCat posted:

Are you buttcheeksio?

nah. Also I don't know how you would confuse us, he's way better than I am

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LashLightning posted:

Get your naked barbarian fix here!

i'm going to get this and modify him to have a really tiny wiener

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It comes with different hand options, how come no circumcision options?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That's the worst poo poo: when you get all excited and didn't catch that little detail.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ugleb posted:

Oldhammer blood bowl snotling maybe?

hell yeah, look at that goblin caganer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That Samus would be really cool if it wasn't so horny.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ugleb posted:

Sadly no more bears, but the rest of the Freeze crew is pretty.... cool.

i'm about this

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
How is the model quality from that company? Is it soft plastic like CMON, or is it OK plastic like the star wars legion models?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ugleb posted:

I see what you mean, I haven't read that one yet. *Goes to check reading list*

It goes like this.

1st edition - metal sculpts. Good sculpts, but metal so a deal breaker for some and they were getting expensive due to rising metal costs.

2nd edition - resin. Lovely detail but dear lord it was brittle stuff! They switched to a slightly better resin part way through but it was still problematic.

3rd edition and current - new super flexible plastic resin stuff. I haven't handled it personally but it seems to be going down ok generally and has been in use for awhile now. It reportedly 'tears' if you try to file it but cleans up fine with a sharp blade.

I was talking to someone at a local club who picked up the 3rd ed starter and he seemed happy enough with it.

Basically Knight Models have always put out nice sculpts and crisply detailed castings, it has just been a question of how durable some of them are. And if they are on the ball with quality assurance. I put the game on pause at the end of 2nd edition for a bunch of reasons, but they do seem to be genuinely improving over the last year.

Thanks!

That's good to hear, and yeah resin is always super sketchy on a durability standpoint from my experience. Luckily these would just be for display and painting as I like painting winter themed stuff or using color palettes on the blue side.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Sometimes people just need to get stuff off their chests. They'll tire themselves out in a little bit.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

goatface posted:

The belly tattoo is technically impressive, but I'm not sure it works for the rest of the model.

I think it fits and it brought a smile to my face when I realized what it said.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
get on an fbi watchlist by studying crime scene photos, autopsy reports, and anatomy textbooks to get better at painting gore

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Silhouette posted:

Special FX legend Tom Savini used his experience as a wartime photographer in Vietnam as reference for gore effects, so this is legit

That rules

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

smug jeebus posted:

How do I unlearn it

embrace the horny

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Would advise against this

consensually embrace the horny

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
There's a Norse legend that can be summed up that Loki turned into a mare in order to seduce a workhorse away from being used to build a wall around Asgard, then came back a while later with an eight legged foal which would be known as Sleipnr, Odin's horse.

So uh yeah that's a decently known tactic if it's enshrined in myth.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 25, 2022

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

w00tmonger posted:

Whats the grossest mini out there? My head always falls back to that mech made out of bugs, but surely there's some holismason creation at the top of the pile

The Great Clean One.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kharnifex posted:

Any tips for stripping paint from plastics? Got an old second ed box set and there's some thick paint on the models

Nah keep them like that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If those are your only two models that look like that, keep em. But if the whole box looks like that then just keep a few and strip the rest. Keep them around as a memento of where you came from, similar to Duncan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufP8ka3KGno

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Images you can hear in your head

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GreenMetalSun posted:

Isn’t it canon that the Emperor was numerous famous/infamous/religious/historical figures throughout his long life, Adolph Hitler among them?

Numerous 40k fans have told me this, but I have no idea if it’s true, but if it is, uhhhhh, they would be literal Nazis, yes.

I'm pretty sure he was at least Spartacus

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like how custodes used to have capirotes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The best new orks are the Kommandos for kill team. That grapple grot is fantastic.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ugleb posted:

Reminds me of letting my niece have a go at painting and she set out to use a bit of every brightly coloured or metallic paint I had on the rack. They looked like a cyberpunk rainbow applied as camouflage, but she had fun.

I'm gonna paint that new eldar kill team like that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
hoop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i hear the saturnV rocket is utterly badass to make and have