Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

goatface posted:

Wrong size for storm bolters, wrong number of barrels for assault cannon. Unless it's some 30k thing I'm pretty sure those are some weird kitbash counts-as assault cannon.

They look like upside-down storm bolters welded to part of an assault cannon with a sculpted (judging by the badly offset nipples) barrel stuck on the end to me. Deffo counts-as though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Pierzak posted:

Not like many human minis were better:

Mastered the basics of shoulderpad design thought. They'll be on the GW staff in no time.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

berzerkmonkey posted:

Oh yeah - that makes sense. More surface area = better cooling. I'm on board now.

Logical conclusion; big fat tanky mechanicus on palanquins, with bedsores from their numerous implants and amputated feet from late stage diabetes. Hail nurgle.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
The cat needs to be black. Assuming the cat was included obviously, which it isn't because it doesn't exist.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

There is no cat.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

JcDent posted:

My apologies, clearly I was bested by a person of superior wit and historical knowledge.

Naw, it just wasn't a very good joke. :)

I actually like the crabnaught. Some strong slaanesh conversion ideas right there...

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Jetpack dreads have been a running joke since at least 3rd ed iirc. When Paul Sawyer was editing WD he used to complain about the lack of realistic dread options for White Scars (big slow robots not very thematic) and asked for suggestions on the letters page.

First idea sent in was for jetpack dreads, but he said it was too Impractical because they're only jump packs rather than flyers, and also it was a bit silly; next issue somebody suggested jetpack dreads, but with added roller-skates so they could keep up. Think he quietly dropped the idea and decided they just didn't use dreads because "warrior honour!" or some cop-out.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Ehhhh, I've fielded worse. Oh, for the days of butter tub tanks and paper scraps with "SPACE MAREEN" written on em.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Synthbuttrange posted:

May I direct your eyes to the lower right

Oh boy, that takes me straight back. I have a Golden Demon '90 annual somewhere and it's full of wild poo poo like this. All the full page profile features have twenty crazy chaos demon conversions and then some generic fantasy dude labelled 'Warrior' or similar. And they're all gloss glazed...

I'm gonna have to go dig that out tonight just for the scrunt potential.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Nebalebadingdong posted:

why why why would you enjoy a teddy bear made of chicken skin :psyduck:

Because I wouldn't get nylon burns when I gently caress this one?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Oh poo poo I just noticed the octopus is holding a knife. I now unironically want that model (and remove the dude, just have a knife-wielding octopus mini)

Not just a knife. He's got a club, a pen, and a scroll. Servopus.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

In awe of this lad... Total unit.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Private_Snafu posted:

Found these browsing Facebook marketplace, sadly both already sold.

Oh wow, ancient history! Those are Rogue Trader era marines iirc. Coming across some of those in the wild must be like how Sam Neill felt during the big Jurassic Park reveal...

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Ahhhh the heady days of "how do I make my White Scars dread thematically appropriate".

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mek preparing to beam down boarding shoota boy with a kustom tellyporta.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Oh my god, that Peeg Mimic is absolutely perfect. I want a regiment of them.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Floppychop posted:

I wonder what the print time on this thing was

Somebody finally made enough dakka.

Now it needs to go faster. I'm thinking rockets & rollerskate combo

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Don't know where the legs are from, but the top half is the Black Knight from the Cull Obsidian Legends series.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

PoptartsNinja posted:

I should've known searching Thingiverse for "female space marine" would get some choice results.

It's not all bad, I did bump into this surprisingly competent female stormtrooper sergeant model.

Sensible armor? Check.
Pose that would look equally ok if you swapped a male sculpt into it? Check.

Admittedly, my checklist for competence isn't exactly long.

I always hoped the HH series would touch on FeMarines and just take the Fallout Super Mutant route of "Oh, 50% of aspirants are female but you just can't tell after all the surgery". They're nine foot genetic eunuchs with a second person's worth of muscle grafted on after all, and IG have never given a poo poo about gender as long as you can hold a gun so seems daft to pass up on that manpower resource?

I don't think it'd add to the fluff or anything, but it'd just be hilarious to see the tears. GW do a fair job of keeping sex out of everything though - even the Slaaneshii stuff goes straight to "orgies and rape are scrub tier decadence - hold this gun while I duct tape my face to a warp engine, thanks".

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Where's that from?

The new Slaanesh Lord of Gluttony I think. Not as corpulent as I was hoping, but the gimp scrunt is good.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Tin Tim posted:

I remember these. Think they were like homonculi for mages and a couple of them are pretty great ngl

I've got an early Golden Demon annual (which has a lot of content for the thread) somewhere and because there were only 20 models out back then those two little sword gremlins pop up all over it in both Epic and Fantasy scale.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I that a chain mail garter on the left? :v:

Repentia are into the sackcloth and ashes mortification poo poo so it's probably supposed to be a chain cilice.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Isn't the definition of "sinned" pretty loose in the lore too? Like they encourage sisters who idly thought about maybe wanting to become a farmer instead of going up against an infinite tide of extra-galactic gribbles that they've committed unforgivable heresy so they can get more shock troops.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Deady Mercury in the middle is a bit on the nose but I love the others. Skelebards.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I'd say it's fine but at least put them on a tasteful base or something. Who wants loose teeth rattling round the table??

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
None of it looks fun to paint either way...

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Are they the old Mordheim Empire soldiers? I sort of recognise the bucklers. Shame they killed Mordheim because I liked the format.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Who need they sphussy ate?

Edit: oh god no I fat finger upvoted it

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Ugleb posted:

I have added her to my feed to depress myself on a daily basis. Good lord she can do freehand!

Good grief but that is some crazy-neat poo poo. Look at that braiding!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQYBaj1nIW-/?utm_medium=copy_link

darkwasthenight fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 21, 2021

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Gnome people are just as weird as trainset people for having to include cheeky seaside postcard nudity in everything.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Big E has canon wiped out billions for reasons like "smiled at an alien once" or "didn't burn enough witches" even when he was in benevolent Great Crusade mode, so I'm not sure that "also was Hitler maybe" is any more of a demerit than was already written into his characterisation tbh.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Yer can't stop Captain Midlands!

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I assume its the 30K Kharn model, but gently caress knows what the lighting is supposed to be doing...

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I don't like orcs being uniform, but I love orcs being disguised, so it's a thumbs up from me!

Well isn't this your lucky day??

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Iron Crowned posted:

That Space Marine painting is not really Orky enough TBH

That's what makes it extra kunning. They'll never guess it's an ork.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
There's canonically a Waaagh of Orks in Khorne's realm.

They heard about daemons and went invading the Eye via Cadia to find a proper scrap. The Waaagh ran over a bunch of chaos worlds until they all finally got slaughtered and then big K resurrected them in his realm where they could spend eternity battling with his favourites. There's always new Orks sporing and daemons spawning every night so the fight never ends. They don't worship Khorne or anything wussy like that though; a good scrap is it's own reward.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Scratch Monkey posted:

Tau and Necrons are chaos-proof, correct?

Necrons as a whole are soulless so there's nothing to taint. Maybe some of the Overlords have enough personality left, but they're all supposed to be too hyper-focused on their own little objectives to really recognise Chaos as an option.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I'd like a resigned spooky bagman liche to follow my necromancer around with shopping bags full of skulls he picked up during the battle. These atmospheric candle holders aren't gonna dribble themselves!

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Reading, unless mandated by your job, is inherently suspicious. How do you have so much spare time off your work shift that you can afford to waste it on maintaining some level of literacy? Heresy verdict: guillotine.

Reading, when mandated by your job, is of course doubly suspicious. If you're reading that means you either haven't memorised the required job info via mind scan process or are heretically curious about "technological progress". Laziness and/or Heresy. Guillotine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
He's never gonna get that into a deployment zone.