Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I decided on a paint scheme for my Necrons. The Skeletor Dynasty shall conquer Eternia the Imperium!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

DiHK posted:

My friend is sending me his necrons from the box and I am straight up, wholesale, stealing this scheme. Weirdly, it will match the nid scheme I almost have hammered out.

Feel free, I stole it from someone else.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

The paint scheme has evolved a little, and it's looking good! I need to clean up the paint a little though.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Got all the arms painted up, but too tired to fight with getting them all assembled tonight, so I'm just posting one finished one plus the scarabs. Progress!

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

I hope you kept track of which arms go with which models because there is a specific set for each, and they are not very interchangeable. I made a mistake assembling a set and only noticed after it was glued together, so I have two wonky warriors with oddly-positioned arms.

I did not, but I fumbled around until I got stuff that worked. Next time I will know better. Also, arms need to go in before the chest is glued on. Doh!

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I printed this model out last night:

Yes, that is an Ork on a unicycle, giving the shocker and holding a jesters staff. Courtesy of a friend of mine, GearGuts

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Ugleb posted:

Paint it. Post it.

It should be painted and posted later this week.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Some quick progress - need to get his arms finished and pinned in place.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 15, 2020

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

It takes me 5 hours (of waiting) to resin print a unit of 10 ork boyz. Another hour to clean them all. Total material cost? Maybe $3 for the lot.

Yes, it takes some effort but you get cool unique looking models.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I have an Elegoo Mars Pro resin printer - I used it for the unicycle ork I posted a few pages back.

Auto-support software is improving, it only takes me a few minutes per part to get it all nicely done.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

3D printed stuff is either low detail or fragile. or am i wrong?

Wrong on both counts these days. I had a model knocked onto the floor from 5ft up, it came out undamaged. Brittle resins exist, but you have to go out of your way to buy one.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

That's a C'Tan Shard of the Stripper

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

That image was (probably) stolen from this very article:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Angry_Marines:_/tg/%27s_8th_Edition#Predator_Angrinator

Unless they are the person who actually made the 8th edition Angry Marine codex.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

I thought they were a 4chan idea? Not that such makes them better, just differently sketchy.

Yeah, it's a 4chan thing. The initial idea was funny, but people have worked way too hard to make them edgelordy over the years.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

halfling vampire gets a good chuckle out of me

Now I know what to use for my next Vampire team in Bloodbowl.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

New thread title?

I agree

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

I’ve had my 3D printer a month and still haven’t printed a horny miniature yet, really letting the side down :smith:

I bought my 3d printer to print orks. Not a single titty printed from my 3d printer yet.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

There is a scope on that gun. Behind the top handle.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

If you're a furry that's basically the equivalent of an anime figurine. I think it's something you're either wired for or you're not.

Except the character is obviously of age, so it's actually better than a lot of anime figurines.

Well obviously if you are part wolf you mature faster physically, so she's really only 13.Please do not ban me over this joke

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

I want a story about a male alien race with built in battle-heels that makes fun of human men for their pathetic wimpy calves, and the day is saved in the end by strippers and drag queens, whom the aliens are impressed by and acknowledge as equals.

This ushers in a new era of prosperity between our peoples, but a few ankles may be harmed along the way.

There are people who will write this for you.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Da Beach Boyz

Goes perfect with my Surf Boyz - who are still only half painted after four years.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

TotalHell posted:

wish deyz all could be califonia grotz

Fun fact, I was living in California in the home of modern surfing (Santa Cruz) when I made the Surf Boyz. I just wanted a fun alternative to Storm Boyz, and Orks on anti-grav surfboards seemed appropriate.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Zil posted:

I don't know if battles stilettos are the best idea.

Look, if you can throw things around with your mind you can keep yourself standing on impossible shoes during your battle-dance.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Wrong thread, that rocks

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

My main question is - are they GOOD dropper bottles. Because I loving hate how paint clogs up most dropper bottles - I'm in the process of moving most of my paints into clear "essence" bottles with suction droppers just so I stop having to break my in-the-zone state to clean yet ANOTHER dropper so I can get three drops of a color out of it.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Holy poo poo they painted plaid. I am in awe. I tried it once and dear god is it hard to make it look like anything other than a complete mess.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Ugleb posted:

Are Stormboyz still a think in 40k, or did GW shuffle away from them entirely?

They are still a thing, and still use rockets to fly around.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

This is why I kitbashed my Surfboyz - no negative connotation with orks on flying surfboards.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I dunno, Worms 40k seems pretty appropriate.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Wrong thread for that, that's awesome.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

kzin602 posted:

(The horse dong defender has logged on) Yes, all warhorses are stallions. Horse dong is part of a stallions general shillouette.

Most warhorses were gelded. Stallions are a pain to control if there are mares in heat anywhere nearby.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Gonna give all my knights hot lady horses so enemy cavalry will be too horny to fight properly, like a Tex Avery cartoon

You joke, but that was a legitimate tactic when dealing with knights who thought that stallions were a good idea.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

To be a peasant soldier fighting in the mud and the muck and getting to witness a moment when that happens.

One of the biggest historical moments I know of where it happened was during the Mongol invasions of eastern europe - the mongols favored small nimble ponies, usually mares. The heavy cavalry they went up against were made mostly of nobles, who largely favored "the biggest horse" and the end result was that their cavalry charges kept falling apart as the stallions would either fight each other for dominance, or they would break ranks to go chasing after the mares they could smell.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist on the right

*edit* and a fat Slave Leia

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Zil posted:

Also is that weird shading on the boobs or is that a shark bra?

It is indeed a shark bra

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Moola posted:

thats a Maidmer!

It's a butterface

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

There are a few instances of khorne orks in the lore, but I don't know if they are still considered canon.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Tau have no warp presence, so it's very hard for chaos to latch onto them - since Farsight was literally right in front of them and carries a potential chaos artifact, that might bypass the "can't find them" issue for warp energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Well yeah, that image is of their July Preview - mini won't be posted for at least three weeks.