Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

Scream to be heard!

gently caress that was a lot smaller on my phone, sorry, fixed!

e: That Dread is really well done all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

They only attack enemies at the bottom of hills.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

why yes, that is a bit of dead crab

Hollismason?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Not a viking posted:

Sorry I come from a warhammer background where its expected that you spend two hours per day painting tiny mans and glueing miniature grass on their base. It didn't occur to me that a lot of wargame players don't even own a brush.

What the gently caress.

Also reminded me that when I went to a FLGS in London, they were having a Warmahordes tournament and they were honestly some of the best painted armies I'd seen in person.

Granted most armies I've seen have been 10-13 year old's 40k stuff in my local GW.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

To be fair to Infinity players those models are daunting as gently caress.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Just realised the one on the right has tits for an rear end.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If I ever played Battletech I'd run nothing but Jenner mechs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

LordAba posted:

What is that hand? Don't tell me someone ruined an old armorcast titan...

They were ruined the first day they were cast.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Works well with that blue though

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

Nah its not the same, the inks were made by a different company

Closest equivalent painting wise is the Windsor & Newton stuff but its still not quite the same

I've still got an original pot and I treasure it

But the original inks and paints were coat d'arms.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

sell armorcast, buy chinacast

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I think I've got bingo. :ohdear:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

It's cheating to post your own work, I think.

:(

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Small world. I saw this posted on Facebook yesterday.

''Eavier Metal is my favourite source of these.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

Stuff like that's not so bad, the problem is when you end up with 10 guys and a big rock being used as a 20 strong unit.

As long as the rock didn't come from GW.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

This is something someone paid real money for.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Pierzak posted:

horse dicks

Pardon me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

I don't know - personally, I don't think this is bad. Sure, you may not like the style, and it's not a job requiring any particular skill (other than using an airbrush) but for a tabletop standard, it's certainly better than having an unpainted army. The base overspray is particularly bad, but that's likely an oversight before they took the photo.

Hell, I plan on doing my Vampire Counts army in a similar fashion, simply because I don't have time anymore to paint an entire drat army.

If they had picked out any sort of details, like lenses or anything, then I might have given you that. But they haven't, its just paint splats on a £50 model. Most sub-tabletop standard stuff I've seen at my local GW store from 8 year olds is better than that.

And then they have the gall to charge money for it and put it in the most unimaginative pose possible.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Feb 11, 2016

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

I can't remember if it was in this or another thread where it got brought up originally, but some people have a really loving hard time putting on tank treads for whatever reason.

loving why. loving how. That's like having a hard time putting two Lego bricks together.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Soak them in Dettol if you have that available.

Just don't try to rinse them off with water if you do. Has to be rinsed off with neat brown dettol.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sanford posted:

This isn't right. I just tried a 25% dilution of dettol with water and the paint slid off just the same. It's got to be dettol though; cheaper disinfectants that look the same don't seem to have the necessary active ingredient. Just beware that when the paint comes off it is sticky and oily. It is a bloody nightmare to get off, for example, bathroom fittings, so be careful.

The one time I had soaked my minis in dettol, when I went to rinse them off under the tap the paint that had been coming off the model as a skin instantly became tacky and hosed up the mini.

What I'm saying is if you have an alternative like the old formula Fairy Power Spray use that instead. Brown dettol is a last resort stripper for me, to the point I'd just prefer to buy replacement models.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So this is what being triggered feels like.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

To get away from the blobby horror, this ebay auction which is truly something.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHIPS-FREE-OOP-40K-BATTLE-WORN-MUTATED-CHAOS-LUCIUS-WARHOUND-TITAN-700-In-USA-/281930799246

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Seriously? I know it's played out, but come on. Wrong thread.

This thread became best of the worst of the best and the best on like page 2.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I like the OSL

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The next step is participating in the oath thread, then crossposting here.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Are you new to 40k or

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Are you new to 40k or

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Yo someone photoshop a giant shoulderpad that John Wick can't see through but shoots through anyway. I bet it'd be :krad:

Yes, an assassin movie with realistic amount count is very comparable to a setting with mountain sized war machines. Please keep posting.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Your Sigmarine shooty-arrowmen sculpts weren't very good either. hth

I didn't sculpt those so :shrug:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dont forget the skull fortress with eyesocket defence cannons.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lord Hypnostache posted:

And Primarch of the Dark Angels, Lion'El Jonson is named after British poet Lionel Johnson, whose most famous poem is called The Dark Angel.

Actually it's Dwayne Johnson, hence "The Rock"

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Not a viking posted:

Immortan Drumpf from Hasslefree

:perfect:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:yarg:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I think it's an incredibly stupid video that could be better if it was half as long and it's annoying as poo poo that people think it's the pinnacle of comedy.

They don't think it's a pinnacle of comedy, they just think you're retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012