Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

MizPiz posted:

After some thoughts and prayers, I've decided to just go ahead and post this, even though doesn't really belong in the thread

https://twitter.com/zeldawilliams/status/996508862076211200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F
Yo I need some nerd expert to help me out. Peep that anime robit on the right. I know that I bought a box with something like this on vacation when I was real young but I just can't find out what series it came from because I'm pretty sure that the ones I bought were fakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

I somehow didn't realize HeroQuest was Warhammer and never heard of Space Crusade.

Holy lord these Necrons look incredible, why can't they look like this now?!

I'm the al pacino marine btw

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Its the Orguss from Super DImension Century Orguss.
Thx! This has been buggin me for the longest time

Also going by google it turns out that the ones I had as a kid were probably not fakes just the cheapest version

berzerkmonkey posted:

I always loved their flippy helmet heads.
Same. Also the different transform options were pretty neat back in the day. Not as good as old school transformers/mask but still

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 22, 2018

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

DiHK posted:

only if you say hello to my little friend.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

These might be the best models ever created by anyone :allears:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Alf, is that you????

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

For orks the enemy is always in front of them

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Those are clearly primitive CAVE scrunts. Pls don't misrepresent

Also urban dictionary knew ahead of us

by metavore July 29, 2009 posted:

The dirtiest word in the English language.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 13, 2019

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Imagine coming across this guy on a grimdark battlefield. Him smugly staring you down and knowing full well that you are reading the words. Will you dare? Dare to fart for the fart god?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Just lol if you didn't reflexively spot the he-man toy

PinheadSlim posted:

Here I am looking for model train trees on Amazon when I stumble on this.
Stuff like this is actually real common in the model train scene. People that build like whole cities and stuff for their trains include minis like these as a chuckle for the people that find them. Well at least the normal ones do. Then there's people like the guy I met during my short stint as an electrician's apprentice during school. He was very excited to tell me about all the naked people he included in his model train world. Some of them were even loving! He also told me this in a very hushed tone like he picked me specifically to share his cool secret with. I wasn't nearly as stoked as he expected

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Love how the beakie admires his egg shaped brother

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Imagine finishing your harsh scout training and then being promoted to full battle brother only to find out that the armor painting serf was broken

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Moola posted:

lol at that double edged axe wtf
Look at this git that doesn't want more choppy bitz

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

these orcs are a bit...scruntish
Fuckin lmao

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Len posted:

Can I 3d print The Scrunt? Someone had to have devoted time to modeling that guy
Hidden deep in the bowels of the 40k chat thread lie the links to the photobucket of the true creator of The Scrunt. The Scrunt Father whose name I shall not speak in vain for I fear his wrath

If you were to steel yourself and venture forth into the old and decrepit halls down there...then you might be able to discover those links and follow them into the maddening universe that they conceal

If you could brave the dangers and long forgotten beasts that haunt the twisted passageways down there...then you might find a treasure equally as powerful as it is vile

The complete collection of all original depictions of The Scrunt

But beware! These illustrations will assault your senses and attack the very core of your being

Only the worthy will be able to gleam them and form their own image of The Scrunt inside of their mind and thus become one with the filth

If the desire in your heart is strong enough to carry you through the darkest abyss then maybe...just maybe...you will find the power to 3d print The Scrunt

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Winklebottom posted:

lol someone really saved my ms paint scrunt meowth
Gotta catch them all :v:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

hooman posted:

Big Tiddy Goff Gf

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

LashLightning posted:

Kruleboyz have just be announced, look like regular Orc Boyz crossed with Hobgoblins, with a little of the old Fimir use of mists - but more importantly they use silly looking shields with faces on. Got some old orc Boyz, and wanna update them to Kruleboyz? Use these shields from Warmonger Miniatures!

TFW no big tiddy goff gf

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Moola posted:

This unironically owns

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Oh yeah Oldhammer was never smutty

I remember these. Think they were like homonculi for mages and a couple of them are pretty great ngl

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

the sassy little armored dood with a big sword is a legit great mini
I'm the smaller armored dood that's just as sassy

darkwasthenight posted:

I've got an early Golden Demon annual (which has a lot of content for the thread) somewhere
Find it, get your phone, and post some dang pictures :colbert:

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Warzone was the first miniature game I ever played, and it was stupid/rad in a very 90s way.
Yeah warzone minis seemed very cool to me back in the day. Warzone wasn't really well known/available in my time though and one day I stumbled upon a few boxes of minis at the local hobby shop. Bought a box of bauhaus troops that I wanted to convert to be cooler space marines but I never finished them. Another box had blood berets and those are good and cool and made it into my guard army in one form or another

Thinking about this also brings me back to my white whale of miniatures. In that hobby shop I was eyeing a set of plastic mini sprues for soldier dudes that were very similar to the rogue trader plastic kits and had a ton of little parts and gear with them. Were made from the old yellow tinted plastic if anyone remembers that. But yeah I don't remember what company or game they were from and I never discovered them again. All I got is the snapshot from that excited feeling back when I was looking at the sprues. Really should have bought them back then but I spent my money on some metal chaos marines instead

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I feel like I had the little sword armor guy? But maybe it's just that I have the catalogs those guys were sold through from 1991 and have seen them all countless times.

Citadel Miniatures Catalog, Section Two (the fantasy one), page 276: Chaos Familiars, has some of these dudes, with a bunch of additions.

Been a while since I couldn't decide what part of the picture I am :allears:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Floppychop posted:

If it didn't have the girl on top I'd be tempted to pick that up just from the absurdity of an octopus wearing a gas mask.
Sculpt a giant top hat over the girl and problem solved

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Maybe you need to try new little bits of plastic? I recently stumbled over the russian company Tehnolog and they make cheap but decently detailed miniatures from a ton of different settings. They're more like toy soldiers than "real" tabletop miniatures I guess but imo they seem pretty fun to just paint and tinker with. Some also come with little spring-loaded cannons that can shoot stuff so what's not to like? :v:

The whole range of their figures is kinda wild tbh and they kick rear end in a very childish way

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

Oglaf seriously is a cultural treasure

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

very good long boi

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Ugleb posted:

"Hello ladies! Check out my big chopper!"

Amphigory posted:

he's loving awesome

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Australian Animal Koala Kangaroo Model Simulation Children's Gift Toy

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Just jerk off you lunatics
What do you think the miniature is for

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Len posted:

That company has some winners

Like this Spice Girl:nws:
I sit here and wonder if that actually is supposed to be a zero-g effect on the boobs or if I'm the horny after all??? :ohdear:

E: of course the end of the gallery has pics where some parts are painted nude of course it would why didn't I see that coming

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Midjack posted:

the files that site sells include a second stl with modeled nipples for most of the figures.

Moose-Alini posted:

dried chunks

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

w00tmonger posted:

Whats the grossest mini out there?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Iirc the psyker thing is literally as the black ships are constantly roaming the imperium for psykers and then haul them back to earth when the holds are full where they get split into

1.Sanction psyker
2.kids that could become marine psykers
3.fodder

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Was the client happy with the sculpt?

Also fukkin lol and lmao

Also also mods pls rename with a rebel yell she QQd to paint your taint

Mr. Sunshine posted:

do you think his foreskin smells like fried pork rinds haha just wondering
You ever went into some take-out food place real late and then saw the one leftover piece of grilled meat that was prepared early on in the day but didn't sell and by now has developed a dark and leathery shell....

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Your friend might be a scrunt

Moola posted:

I love this adorable trash tank ♥

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Moola posted:

I refuse to believe this

they made LITTLE BAGS
There is a whole scene of people out there that craft all kinds of miniaturized items. Tons of videos on youtube too and some of the builds are acutally quite neat like how they make little realistic bottles with lables and whatever

Might wanna turn off the sound but this shows that making small plastic bags is actually rather simple but getting a logo like in the meme pic would require some fairly complex sticker work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wive4wBOOPE

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Oh yeah there's some great stuff there especially when it comes to building little shop dioramas from scratch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

What if link but scrunt? :raise: