Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Please tell me that's not a fleshlight to the left of Hulk's fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Pretty sure that is painted.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I think this thread has destroyed my concept of a "lowest possible threshold" for painted models, then...

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Sadly, yes:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

True professionals know that everything from your bits box can and should go onto your Rhinos. Bonus points for attaching them in nonsensical places such as vents:

Not shown in this picture: condition listed as primed (all those clearly primed metal bits, eh?), non-drilled barrels, weird unidentifiable bits tacked onto the back, gunner with arm broken off, asking price of $20.

My only thought was that maybe they were trying to make a counts-as Razorback?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Oh, there's another one on the other side. Also I didn't notice it before but now I can't unsee the huge globs (greenstuff? glue?) around the HK missile.

The worst part is, I know this is exactly the sort of horseshit I would have tried to pull off back in college.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I keep thinking there's got to be a way to redeem the Megamerican Marines concept by just painting them better. I imagine that I will try this at some point and weep for what I have done.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I think you might be able to do them subtly. Like, instead of a hot mess of color schemes and a busy as hell shoulder pad, make them, I don't know, white bodied, with blue shoulder pads, gold chest eagle, and red shoulder pad rims like they were in the 3rd Company. Stick a white star on as Chapter symbol. Salute.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I get the "Bane vs. Batman" vibe they're going for but it really just looks like a very awkward rear end-fisting.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

We already have Slam Sector, though admittedly those are only MS Paint scrunts.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I, for one, am curious as to whether there's a third scope on the other side of that plasma pistol.

I mean, I'm also curious as to why the hideous mouth, but it's best not to ask too many questions.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I would be significantly more worried if that wasn't already a Nurgle marine...

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I feel like you could make a really cool Iron Warriors flyer somehow with those Defiler arms but stapling them onto a axlotl and calling it a day just ain't the way.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Yup, that sure is what that model needed all right. Bonus points: the caption in the imgur gallery says "this model was begging for it."

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

god dammit hollis

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

Can we keep the Sigmar discussion in the Sigmar thread?

Every thread containing discussion of Warhammer, 40K, GW games, miniatures games, minis, dice, or games must become the Death Pool thread. It's inevitable and unstoppable, like the heat death of the universe.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Once again this thread has been confused with the "loving awesome" thread.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Electric Hobo posted:

So. What the gently caress is a scrunt? A horrible slapped together mess of a model?

A miserable little pile of greenstuff.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

The wall really needs "MARINES OU" graffiti.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

It's as confirmed as GW gets, which is to say that the company won't say anything until the product actually comes out, or maybe a couple days before that. It's the usual rumormonger sites reporting it at this point. I'd personally put a lot more faith in this if they hadn't said that the same thing was supposed to happen back in May.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Oh, I believe that the sprue exists, but we really don't know much more than that at this point. There's a lot of rumor about what rules go in and what exact models will be in and what not, but the real truth here is that GW is lovely at marketing and we won't know exactly what the product is until the first box gets opened.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Sweet Jesus, it's a dreadsquat

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Genderswap version of Blade should clearly be played by Grace Jones.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

"Heavily converted Land Raider," you say? Let's just see what you...

...oh. Oh my.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Just think of how many more Marines you can carry now!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Is it listed as pro painted? I mean, I might buy an assembled drop pod for twenty if all it needs is stripping.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

"THIS FIGURE IS NICELY PAINTED"

sweet lord in heaven

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

It's cheating to post your own work, I think.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I think it's physically impossible to look at this mini without "Hello My Baby" popping into your head.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

For anyone who doesn't know that an MLP high school AU exists:

Why would you make this a Slaanesh :psyduck:

My best guess is someone saw it and thought "no, this movie holy loving poo poo these three movies aren't already disturbingly sexualized enough, time to go the extra mile."

Come to think of it, though, they do sprout mutations and gain super-powers as a result..

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Miniatures cases often look like camera, gun or instrument cases is the real answer.

That's what broke the camel's back on the Bits Wagon van, when it got stolen in Baltimore because of the black GW cases in the front seat that looked very much like pistol cases. The cases ended up getting tossed out the window in front of the courthouse where they were destroyed by the bomb squad. No clue if they ever found the van.

The time that it got stolen in East Hartford and was found completely emptied of all the bits in the back, that might be another story.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

working mom posted:

Do you have the full story? Or a link to it? I like hearing about the history behind nerdy things

IIRC the short version of it is that GW needed to bring to court a bunch of images of the products that Chapterhouse was allegedly infringing on, and they just straight up didn't.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I would entirely believe it if you told me that was a looted ork vehicle.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

I wanna see it Transform like Orktimus Prime.

Krumpin’ iz da right of all dems wot can fink.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Those are some extremely weird looking hobbits.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

head58 posted:

Ravenor?

Her?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Brinty posted:

I think these sorts of things must be some strange method to make those of us who are just not very good feel better.

Like "Wow, if people buy this poo poo and my stuff looks like an actual thing and not just a mess, mine must be actually decent!"

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 14, 2023

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Never go on Reddit, September edition:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah, I like the head and I like the idea of using monstrous scything talons for limbs (is the base model a Trygon under all of that, do you think?) but that’s about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

ijyt posted:

It’s a creature caster model.

Of loving course it is.