Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LashLightning posted:

I wondered if Orks would support the Dark Side (more dakka?) or the Light Side (Faster?) of the force, which got me thinking about Ork philosophy and then:

They'd definitely all have red lightsabers.

They vwoom better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

This one just looks like the skull has hosed up little deformed feet on the side of it's head.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Booley posted:

Correct, the OP said it was a kinky temporary tattoo he got from ebay and was very proud of it. I don't think any nose art ever has been just a big 'slut' scrawled on the side of a plane.

Don't you remember when the SLUT Gay dropped the bomb on Hiroshima?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
But... but what if orkz as a whole represent, well, you know....

Oh man, gotta rethink this whole hobby. :smith:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Symetrique posted:

Guess there are just some things I'll never understand, like who buys this stuff.

Germans.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mango sentinel posted:

TBF Lady of Depravity is just taking design cues from official GW stuff.

It would be real cool if Creature Caster also offered less horny versions of those models in addition to the explicit ones.

Well, just stand off the naughty bits and greenstuff in some armour.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bucnasti posted:

Found this Starry Night boi on Facebook

Starry
Starry night
Paint your palette with blood and gore
Look out on the enemy shore
With eyes that know the
Darkness of the warp.
Shadows on the hills
Sketch the trees and your confirmed kills

Catch the breeze and the deathly chills

In colors on the snowy battlefield.
And now I understand what you tried to say to me

How you suffered for your sanity
How you tried to resist the heresy.
They would not listen
They did not know how
Perhaps they'll purge you now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Finecast is a Three Stooges podcast.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That's just their nuFashion so they can appear in the Thriller music video.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Painting Minis: 1% Unspiration, 97% Perspiration (also 2% Alien Tits)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

beergod posted:

does anyone know wtf the circled components go

i took my airbrush apart to clean in an ultrasonic machine and these parts came out of nowhere

they're not the spring from inside the trigger housing because I can't take that apart without a wrench and the trigger still has a spring in it, which I can tell from pressing down on it

im seriously losing my mind. the manual and videos online are no help.

http://tinypic.com/r/2vnj1o7/9

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just LOL if someone actually plays a game with the minis they paint.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ijyt posted:

Nerds get flustered over anime tiddies ITT

They dont want to offend any women at their gaming sessions.

I mean, women that could possibly theoretically maybe be at a game session. In an infinite universe with infinite possibilities, it could probably happen, somewhere.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
If they gonna give those dogtaurs tits, they gotta have the right number.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I often pound away at my style.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Pierzak posted:

Wait. There are train model lines that don't do that? I thought it was mandatory and if you ran a table without tiny people having sex somewhere in it the train police would come and take your models away.

Yeah, european train fans are crazy into putting weird figures and scenes into their train layouts. Not to say north american train guys aren't, it just seems especially popular in europe.

Even Miniatur Wunderland, Germanys premier family-friendly giant model train museum has scenes of people loving and peeping toms and all sorts of weird stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmg3Y64_s

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Lone Badger posted:

Slaanesh would be just as happy with your wearing an incredibly over-ornate set of robes that conceals you completely but glitters with a thousand colours and a hundred textures. Happier probably, because that meant you did something.

Heh, look at this tryhard. Going to all that effort when you can just stick a melta up your b-hole and Senpai Slaneesh will notice you.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ghazk posted:

What are you, some sort of drivewheelologist?

I think they prefer the term Treadophile.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Shep Paine was quite fond of using cotton for smoke in his dios, but he used much thinner, gauzier amounts, and tied it together with a grain-of-wheat bulb to simulate muzzle flash.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Check out THIS LINK for more info on Shep Paine and his work.

Guy was producing amazing dios 40 years ago that still put most modern work to shame. There's some great books out their featuring his work, and the techniques he used to pull them off. I real master that really has no modern counterpart.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
This definitely one of the best uses of cotton as smoke/dirt I've ever seen.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Brock Samsonite posted:

def wrong thread. I like that you can kind of see where the windshield wiper tried to unsmear that poo poo

The "windshield clearing the window" effect is super popular in vehicle modelers.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mike12345 posted:

is there a website with a gallery of all his stuff? his wikipedia entry only links to an interview with links to scanned pages of howto's.

quote:

Check out THIS LINK for more info on Shep Paine and his work.

Guy was producing amazing dios 40 years ago that still put most modern work to shame. There's some great books out their featuring his work, and the techniques he used to pull them off. I real master that really has no modern counterpart.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Saint Drogo posted:

have you ever opened a 40k rulebook??

Yep.

Paint, don't play. Not even once.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

gender illusionist posted:

this planet deserves a meteor strike

A smaller one just on Germany would probably take care of the train-figure issue.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Z the IVth posted:

If you want an intentionally rough surface to make it look like cast metal, paint the surface liberally with plastic glue (which melts it) and then jab an old paintbrush with short bristles into it repeatedly to get the stippled pattern.

This will absolutely gently caress the brush up so only use something you're about to bin.

Edit - also like others have said this particular model was probably primed with Corax White in humid weather. There is some formulation problem with the paint since it's only Corax white (and previously Skull White) that does this. No other GW spray has this problem.

You can get the same effect by stippling on liquid modeling putty. Which has the dual advantage of not loving up your brushes, and leaving the model surface unharmed, so it's reversible with light sanding if needed.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

fatherboxx posted:

Forge world WHY are you like this

I think it's just GW's attitude that LoTR is now a secondary property. 40k and Sigmar are well into what I call GW 2.0 sculpts, where things have really gone from just minis, to mini works of art. Like they put all their top sculptors on those properties. All their second tier sculptors are on stuff like LoTR, where they're still churning out basic minis that might as well have come out 20 years ago for their lack of quality.

This is just me speculating, as I know gently caress all about what's going on behind the scenes. For all I know LoTR might be their best seller, but looking at their catalog, there's really nothing in the LoTR range as striking as modern 40k and Sigmar sculpts.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I knew I recognized that. An old "Moribundi" action figure from McFarlanes Tortured Souls series, which was a whole Hellraiser-esque series if figs.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SteelMentor posted:

And now McFarlane's doing a line of Warham figures (after it seems the Bandai license was a utter disaster).

Warhound dude's ahead of the curve.

drat, this could be a real game changer for Warhams. If the figs are produced in normal retail quantities, and at normal action figure prices, these could be insane sellers for Warham fans. Giant (compared to the minis) figs with great detail, for cheaper prices than the minis. And they're making them in unpainted versions as well, migh be a painters paradise.

McFarlane pretty much single-handedly reinvigorated the entire action figure industry in the 90's, with their insane detail, amazing sculpts, and low prices. If they put even half as much effort into Warhams, could be amazing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ugleb posted:

I'm under the impression that those new Primaris roles are replacing the old ones over time. Eventually GW will drop the old names along with the old style sculpts.

Pretty much. Warhammer was easy enough to do it in basically one fell swoop, due to lesser popularity. 40k will take much longer since it's their cash cow, and they don't want to alienate players, or shops, by altering things too quickly.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm curious if they'll just make the lore "all regular space marines go through the medical alterations and become primaris marines", or if they'll shake things up and completely up-end the lore like they did with WH. Make the Primaris dudes knock off regular space marines because they think they're bitchmade. I'm sure it'll be the former, as again they won't want to rock the boat too much, but it would be nice to reinvigorate the 40k universe a little with some more major change ups.

The Virgin Astartes Vs. The Chad Primaris

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Winklebottom posted:

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/VOto60I

I didn’t know Lizardmen had one-eyed snakes in their roster

Don't skinkshame.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Moola posted:

I will miss this thread

If poo poo goes down, we need some sort of site/Discord to collect up all the hobby/creative people in one spot. Everything, minis, models, photography, art, woodworking, electronics, all the creative types in one spot.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

goatface posted:

They used a two part epoxy. Very advanced, the Romans.

Yes, quite. Appears to be the more advanced formulation derived from the works of Patrician Bobius Smithio, not the inferior muck by his rival, Plebian Zapus Agappicus.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Robert Facepalmer posted:

LOL, someone taking the time to de-Horny on Main that fig...

Please don't talk about my demon-girlfriend, Rebecca DeHornay, like that.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

For all their supposed aryan genetic superiority, they sure picked an image of a skull that looked like it came from Sloth in The Goonies.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Most of the guys I know in the garage-kit industry try to warn people off of starting a casting business. The vast majority lose money at it, but do it because they have a day job to support it, and love turning out unique kits. Only a few turn a profit, and only then because they sell of lot kits of well known characters that will sell well year after year. If you want to do completely original sculpts, forget it, you won't get enough buyers unless you win the proverbial lottery and hit on a property that gains a true fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Harvey Mantaco posted:

spooky pervert anime world.

But you repeat yourself.