Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Shallow posted:

A reminder that I started http://yourterriblehobby.com/ a while back for this sort of poo poo, terrible fanart, and other evidence of hams being terrible human beings.

Holy poo poo, now I want to make a chicken-legged baba yaga hut for my weirdboyz so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Those turquoise marines are so 90s it hurts. I want to buy them and carefully freehand the BODY GLOVE logo onto their shoulderpads.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What on earth, why would you even, what is that supposed to, HUH?!??

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

TASTE THE RAINBOW

TASTE IT

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I have no idea what his deal is but I feel strangely compelled to make one of those.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

muggins posted:

Saw this in the wild at my flgs

:911: so much freedom. :patriot:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Did you post that in the wrong thread or something?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Direwolf posted:

There's just something about all the BTP painting that does the opposite of "pop". Everything just seems muted and kinda...I don't want to say messy, but a little off. I'm not a very good painter and my best paint jobs seem to be on about their level, which for a commissioned painting service is kinda gross.

It's because they're unfinished models.

In my opinion, the work that they actually do isn't bad, it's just that they just stop working before the model is done. They stop right at the point when you're about 2/3 done with the model and you're kind of disappointed with the way it looks, instead of doing the next step which is all the little accents and highlights that make the model look good again.

...which might be okay for a level one model, if you're not interested in being proud of the job you've done, but when your customers are paying a humongous premium for 'advanced paintjobs' and you are still showing primer, it's just embarrassing. My absolute laziest rank-and-file ork boyz don't even show primer, and my primary color is black.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 11, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

At the very loving least the skulls are all painted skull color.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

no dessert til he finishes his battle report :colbert:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

Here's a counts-as Contemptor that just looks like a rejected Battletech design:

poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo poo poo SHITSHITSHITSHITthud

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Those crisis suits. My phone Bugged Out when I clicked it

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I assumed that commission painters got by doing stuff like what EEB was saying, using airbrushes and stuff to save a lot of time and hopefully not spend as much time working on a mini as you would at home [because you probably don't have an airbrush]. Which is not lazy in my eyes, just a reasonable way to lower your labor cost at the expense of relatively-steep piece of equipment. Still doesn't seem crazy lucrative, but some folks seem to make it work.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No he isn't.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Are you not?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

should have sent a poet

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

*looks up from rubbing butt on carpet*

"Mwuhh?"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Having directions that your vehicles cannot aim in-game because of modeling restrictions is the definition of orky

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

wow keep shaming the uncircumsized itt it's a really good look

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nebalebadingdong posted:

circumcision is just conversions done by doctors on babies

:aaaaa:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

How could you be a gun

You were at my daughter's wedding

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Scrape your mold line

you know the one, fellas

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I don't have a 3d printer but if my catering game isn't the right game for those bananfantry then I don't know what is.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

How about some Strawbarians?

ffffuck me

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm listening

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

it's a powerfist launcher

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

this model puts the pussy on the chainwax

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

hard to look at, even

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The Giant Keratinous Predators of Terra Prime have claimed many soldiers before their time... To have faced one and survived is nothing short of a miracle

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The gun is good. The spore is evil

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

goatface posted:

The haircut actually makes it.

*disco dances into tailor*

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Just saw this ad on facebook

dare you enter my pissy realm

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

:hmmorks:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Screamerkiller was my wifi password in college. I loved that little huggyfex

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Screaming Idiot posted:

*pillarmen theme intensifies*

I get jojo memes now! Thank goodness I watched jojo

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Brb gonna listen to some synthwave

edit: remember that time I ruined a guy's tau army by pointing out that they were painted like doritos

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Brock Samsonite posted:

Fishguy's aight in my book.

He's no match for Cheeto Elemental though

Idiot put the darker color in the crevices. Just fuckin look at a picture of fire why dontcha

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

here's my own lovely fire elemental for comparison

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No, mine wasn't tacky. I did wash it, though. It is indeed weird AF painting onto that bare plastic without primer on it. What I got to stick looks good enough for the tabletop, though. Glad you like it

e: wait, is yours red? Mine came in the orange color that is still showing. This also makes it very mildly transparent

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Brock Samsonite posted:

I love his wispy eyes. Also gently caress Bonsium's rules or w/e I paint that poo poo like any other model. Wash and airbrush prime.

I do that with my other Bonerite models, but this one came in that orange color. I only added yellow and white, and a bit of another orange i mixed to do 'highlights'