Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Kaysette posted:

Is this the thing where the heroes are outnumbered so they stand back to back with two guns each and shoot at all the dudes only one of the heroes grew an extra set of arms and therefore has four guns?

I'm pretty sure it's a Dreadnought Centipede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

no but seriously how the gently caress do you buy something like that with a straight face? like what the gently caress do you do with it?

Mostly masturbate and complain that you can't find a woman to be your ammo slave.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

LordAba posted:

Do they trim the mold lines before jerking it? Inquiring minds want to know.

dude if you leave it on the sprue you can see her tits AND her rear end AT THE SAME TIME.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I modeled a dread in 3D once and someone pointed out that the censers look like balls and I've never stopped seeing them that way.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
less words more titty gnomes please

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

is that the rape dog from that weird loving violence/sex filled rpgmaker game?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

I know a guy, who's a super good painter, nearly Golden Demon level, and he occasionally sells minis on Ebay. He's gotten hate mail from other sellers for calling his minis "professional painted" because he's setting buyer expectations too high for other "professional painters".

Te correct response is to offer skype painting lessons to the lesser painter to help them reach professional level XD

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Can we keep the Sigmar discussion in the Sigmar thread?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
which dudes are the undead cowboys riding on flaming caskets because those are the only good malifaux

e: these dudes are hella rad:

e: I thought I remembered one just straight up surfing one when my buddy / goon Karnegal got into the game a few GenCons ago and tried to sell me on how cool it is.

Sigma-X fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 18, 2015

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I thought everyone agreed and realized that everything in the 40k universe is a grimdark imperialist force of brutality and suffering?

"In the pleasant brightness of the far future, there is tremendous empathy and goodwill" would not sell models of dudes wearing skulls on their machineguns.

There's a difference between literal nazis / kkkmarines and the fantasy xenophobia.

Here's some boba fat because discussions shouldn't happen without pics

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

JcDent posted:

My bad, I can' tell the difference between plastic and resin. For me it's plastic or metal.

Forgeworld will sell resin upgrades with a stock GW plastic kit which adds to the confusion. They don't make them, but you can buy their various Special Rhinos or whatever and you get a resin upgrade sprue with a GW plastic rhino.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
So a buddy just got the Kingdom Death box set that they kickstarted like 4 years ago and I was browsing their site.

pinups and titmonsters and poo poo aside, this guy is hilarious:

http://gallery.kingdomdeath.com/Forge-God

From the part where they couldn't decide it his heads were supposed to be dongs or dogs and so they're both, or the fact that his belt has a cartoony face on it vomitting out whatever sort of weird birth he's got, to the castrati just chillin' on his base.

This and the rainbow dick frog they have are hilarious and I hope they are wildly successful because they amuse the crap out of me.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wish thag people would look at actual spiders before drawing or modelljng them. Spoders are cool as gently caress but no one seems to want to actually know what they look like.

are you saying spiders don't all have hands or what nonsense are you on here

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It's actually a real thing, using linked turrets of infantry weapons sometimes makes sense. There was a linked version for Bi-planes that used Thompsons and an anti-infantry version the Russians used in WWII that mounted 80 PPSH-41 SMG's inside the bay of a bomber. They also show up in places like Libya where guys are making stuff in garages, and when you don't have real heavy infantry support weapons, having four normal guns shooting at loosely the same place is an average substitute.

80 SMGs? I want to see this.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

LordAba posted:

Do people really grab there wang like that when taking a wizz?

People are just converting using sword-holding hands because it turns out most miniature makers do not model wang-equipped hands (except Kingdom Death, but in that case the wang is no longer attached to the owner)

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Super 3 posted:

Looks like Buckley did a review/play through of the kingdom of death board game: http://www.cad-comic.com/

I'm intrigued by the idea that it looks like you can play it solo. Then I thought about it and assume thats by design. First if you can convince someone to come over to your board game hovel and they get a look at the miniatures they're probably figuring out their escape routes pretty quickly.

We had some folks play it at work friday night during our game time and they enjoyed it. They had to kill the white lion and it murdered one dude and had two more people down and about to die when the guy who had been missing all game threw his rock and killed it, David and Goliath style.

Then they turned a bunch of hides into a tannery so now they can turn more hides into other things, IDK.

The game mechanically sounds very videogamey, with a complicated meta game that happens inbetween missions, but the presentation is all very nice and high quality. And has titmonsters.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Super 3 posted:

Titmonsters at work !? There's also the harvesting of lion scrots to make I dunno, pants or something.

I didn't play it, the dude has not actually modeled any of the titmonsters and I don't think the base game has anything beyond maybe some cheesecakey characters. The guy who sits next to me bought it and a bunch of other models and was talking it up. Also we work at a videogame company and this was during beer time on a friday so nobody was going to get too upset over inch tall plastic anatomy.

It's basically Monster Hunter / Dwarf Fortress AFAIK, you go hunt things, take the parts and build your basecamp.

They do some really cool things to ease you in though:

1) instructions at the front say "build up some cool models, don't worry about gameplay ramifications, models don't need to be WYSIWYG, you have lots of customizable parts, go nuts and have fun!"
2) instructions have a first game that walks you through the basic rules, and specifically says "don't bother reading the rule book yet, just follow through this game and everything will click" and it did. This is pretty awesome, especially since his and mine mini experiences consist of the GW rulebook.
3) they have story bits and art that supercede the missions in the rulebook which sets the mood and narrative much more nicely than again, the GW style of 100page infodumps that can't be consumed during gameplay

I think someone went crazy in his game and there's definitely gross and terrible poo poo that happens in the game but the whole thing comes off as more of a brutality and bodyhorror thing than a wank piece.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Z the IVth posted:

I've seen photos (and WiPs) floating around of someone who used dragonfly wings for their tyranids. From real live dragonflies.

it's impressive that he manages to keep the dragonflies alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Pierzak posted:

Dat rear end :goatsecx:

brown eye of the beholder