Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Makes me feel slightly better about liking Wrath of Kings, jesus that's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Looks like on Dakka there's a dude who would like this better if the demons were titty girls too. One guess as to his identity!

berzerkmonkey posted:

At least WoK only has a few questionable models (the Pelegarth Bloodmasks and Big Sisters being the most obvious.) The Prodoss thing is straight up "Minis of almost naked women make a mint - let's do an entire game of just that!"

Bloodmasks make me sad as I really like the way they play and I'd do Nasier as a second army, but that's a lot of conversion work to add armor.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

If you are worried about being an adult man playing with toy soldiers and looking cool while doing it... You're a fool. Whether you field a GD-worthy army of the most sensible and well built minis or these boob demons... You are still an adult male playing with toy soldiers. You've already lost the "cool" battle to a myriad other hobbies. So might as well stop worrying about it. 

If, on the other hand, you feel the extreme desire to shout "sexism! Degradation of women! Burn it in a holy fire!" Then, my friend, that's your inflamed political correctness showing. The good news is that you are in lock-step with the times. The bad? Quite simply, who are you to judge, really, what someone chooses to sculpt, paint or sell? We are still talking about bits of plastic, metal and resin here. If you don't like it, ignore it and move on, and find something more real and harmful to be outraged about. If Prodos is putting out bad product, then surely nobody will buy it and it will go away on its own, courtesy of the almighty dollar and without any help from you whatsoever. 

To wit: If there were fewer attempts to police everything accordingly to the ever-evolving standards set by, frankly, tumblr-level mentality, then there would likely be fewer ceremonial nose-thumbings at the said policing. Not that Prodos is doing any of the sort mind you, they are just trying to make a buck. But the outrage around this is hilarious, really.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

That's just the thing. 

If you thing that anything, anything AT ALL can be "embarrassing" to the hobby... 

If you need to invoke movies and celebrities to prove (mostly to yourself) that you are still "cool" for playing with minis... 
Then you've got bigger issues than tit-marines, friend. 

What in the world is "cool" anyway? Your mom saying that you are cool? A range of gratuitously sexualized minis isn't going to damage this hobby's image, trust me... And neither your ardent repudiation of the said range will score you points "wid da ladies". 

See, if this was just a bad model range, it would garner a couple pages of people saying " well, this range sucks" and moving on. Instead, it seems that the boob demons have gotten under quite a few people's skin. Hint: if you are unable to say "well, this is bad" and move on, you cut a rather amusing figure. 

Now remember what I said in the my first post? I'm supporting this because it pisses the right kind of people off. Now please, go ahead and tell me, extensively and eloquently, about how wrong I am. 

We both know you want to.

Edit: screw you SRM! Now I'll never get points wit da ladies

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think the foam would be too bouncy for models.

What games don't allow premeasuring nowadays? Only one I can think of is Dropzone.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The actual gretchin kit is basically just monopose dudes anyway, spikeyrifles will probably still sit in the vault.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

ineptmule posted:

JFC man, it's a robot, who cares how comfortable it is :jerkbag:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

This is really unfortunate.

Gone are the days when our hobby was generally considered for the mature, where W40K carried strong adult themes. Gone is any remnant where painting Citadel miniatures could be considered an art.

Coming are the days where our hobby will be viewed as grown men playing with children's toys. The intentions of purchase and ownership questioned and scrutinized... Men thought of as child predators before hobby enthusiasts while standing in the checkout line.

Citadel miniatures are now; officially; and hence forth... Children's toys. Congratulations to you GW, you are now; officially, and hence forth... A toy company. Your mantra of being "not a game company" is officially true and undeniable more then ever now.

Selling W40K kits to kids will not increase sales, it will not yield regular customers, it will not start kids on a path to greater "hobby" endeavors - it's the complete wrong demographic and to limited of exposure. Kids are far too fickle; have far too short of attention spans and generally only want what they see on TV - We're all royally fethed if GW starts making commercials that air on during children's cartoons.

This move is by far the most short sighted, ill conceived attempt at increasing sales that I've seen GW try. Mark my word this day... No one will benefit from this.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Herr Tog posted:

you know you didn't post in the death threadright?

Yes, perhaps a bit extreme, but only because I'm passionate about this hobby. I view these build+paint kits as a blow to the credibility of the hobby and it frustrates me greatly.

Additionally, I'm not wrong about this sales campaign being short sighted and ill conceived - it will not yield new, repeat / long term customers. Let me Chicken-Little for a moment here... [Chicken-Little] What's even more unfortunate is that because these kits will be cheaper than the norm, veteran hobbyist's will purchase these kits looking for a deal; falsely causing GW to think that the build+paint sales campaign is a success. They will look at the sales data and form their false notions that kids are begging their parents to buy this gak and it'll just snowball from there. [/Chicken-Little]

Starting this "hobby" in your teenage years is pretty normal, not when you're 8 years old, which is the age stated on the boxes of these new kits.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I definitely would not want to touch them.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Now you can finally own the model you've always wanted, an rear end Cannon!

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16377

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Moola posted:

at first I thought it was a cannon styled to look like a creature making GBS threads cannon balls

but its actually supposed to be a creature chained up and forced to shoot cannon balls out of its rear end

It makes me kinda uneasy. I mean I know it's an evil demon from hell but it does not look to happy to be force fed cannon balls.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I donno, the fact that they're not painted makes them look like full size maggots and it's pretty gross.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

check out this cool chimera:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

How old are you?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Alessio loving loves My Little Pony. His first draft of the Nature army had MLP references in it, and now he's producing a MLP game through his company.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I was so close to backing that, glad I dodged a bullet.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

At Nova someone had a Screamernado, about 18 inches high, and motorized so it spun around. I should have taken a video.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

It look like the King of Ghosts approves.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

You really should click the second link. It'll put you on some sort of government watch list, but it's a trainwreck worth looking at.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Len posted:

Do Space Marines poop?

Cmon, the last Ian Watson derail was only like a week ago.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Fashionable Jorts posted:

You know you've become numb to a awful industry when it takes you a while to figure out why that's garbage.

Like, no visible genitals, the boobs are only exaggerated instead of hyper-exaggerated, and there's no implied threats to her.

Those aren't hyper exaggerated?!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

mcjomar posted:

So do any of the space elves from that one survive?
I've got a few that I was planning on painting up in that scheme, because of the 3rd ed rulebook battle report of Biel-Tan vs Ultramarines.

(I'm honestly surprised this didn't start with Ulthwe or one of the other crone-world type craftworlds or whatever).

Yeah, they survive. Biel Tan isn't completely destroyed or purged, but has it's infinity circuit overloaded and destroyed. The various ships that make up the Craftworld then power up and split off like life rafts.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Aside from the marble going down the rim of the bases, they don't look all that bad. Those beginner KD:M models look alright as well.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Hah! They're so strange but I like them. Was the guy a mail man or something?

Here's the site of the dude who made them:

http://blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/search/label/United%20Greenskin%20Postal%20Service

and this is them after he converted them to Kings of War:

http://blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2015/07/moving-armies-pt-4-goblins-w-orc-allies_27.html

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

For those of you fortunate enough not to know who this is

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

A window into SRM's future:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The ogres have now a new Leader, Tromph, and with the help of the Captain Ogre he want to rewrite the ogres history and create a new era.

Painted and customized by The Miniature´s Chest Team

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Anyone have any recommendations for painting Indigo?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

goatface posted:

Indigo is a myth.

How did I post that in the wrong thread?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Space Wolves actually only have a plasma gun on their sprue. Regardless those conversions belong in the trash can; half of them even sliced through the bolter barrel.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

It's been a while since i converted a model with a baby face. But I still like baby faces. So here's my newest conversion; a baby faced Lord of Change!

This monster will accompany my other Tzeentch followers from the Silver Tower box.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

They know their market I guess.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

THIS IS NOT A TOY

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Welcome, pup, to the Fang! Pour yourself a bowl of Lucky Charms, and listen to the greybeards tell their tales!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I like 3rd party companies because they have a lot of original and inventive ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005