Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

He's looming over a sleeping maiden before sucking her blood. Bleh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Vermintide posted:

Monster-bird-lady boobs is the naked-est I can think of out of out of Wyrd's line.

I think the Voodoo Swamp-Hag master has her withered saggy boobs out. Downright progressive representing non-standard body types like that.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I would be a real :master: if this entire time GW had been sculpting 50% of Necron with slightly different pelvises.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

Just to try to make a teachable moment out of enamel hell: the correct way to do eyes is to make them black and put white over it, rather than white and try to make the eyeballs line up, right?

I think part of the problem is that the models look to be around the same quality as the paint job. Generally the sculptor should have lined up the eyeballs for you...

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

Escher variant:

Does the middle one have a goatee?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Jonny Nox posted:

What is your favorite cleavage?

The Classic Pushup?

I like the arrow to remind her which end of the axe is the top.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Deified Data posted:

Does Micheal's not sell Vallejo?

Mine doesn't. I've bought a few things there. They have liquitex products, spray primers and some things you could use as basing materials like stones, corks and grit.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Screaming Idiot posted:

How the gently caress are they going to incorporate the fact that in WH40K canon space elves literally hosed a hole into the universe and created a hermaphroditic god of hedonism into the children's book series

Slaanesh will be retconned into the chaos god of bullying. Eldar were just giving so many swirlies.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yeah, I'd assume the majority of people would think it was just yet another skull and crossbones and not recognize it as a nazi symbol.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The context is a wargaming hobby. That combined with the fact it really isn't a traditional skull & crossbones and we're well into the realm of looking and quacking like a duck.

Well I mean yeah there's a 99.9% chance someone involved knew it was a Nazi symbol. I had thought this was a commission piece so maybe the painter was just given a jpg and told to paint it on the shield. Sounds like that's not actually the case though.

I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark when I was 5 and then started drawing swastikas on everything for a day because I thought they looked awesome. Thankfully my Jewish kindergarten teacher was the understanding sort. Was the person who painted this literally a child?

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 3, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Apparently incels are a big Sarkeesian fanbase per dakka?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

:nws: https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/17758 :nws:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Female proxy for this guy spotted

mildly/borderline :nws: https://shop.celestialgame.com/products/jingwei

This line would actually be pretty cool if it weren't 2/3s pinup style models.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Foolster41 posted:

That Lady of Depravity made me think of the :nws:Wererat matriarch from Reaper miniatures:nws: (Sorry, can't find a painted version anywhere. The only picture of it painted is the back)

I did consider getting it for a moment, because i'd been building a rat themed army (for a game I'm designing), but I thought against it because of it being against good taste.

:nws::nws::nws:It reminds me of this one by Dark Sword:nws::nws::nws:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I want someone to make a mini of this thing

I guess some GW vehicles aren't far off but they're missing the Trogdor arm.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It's sort of remarkable that I've never heard anyone say anything good or even neutral about finecast. The stuff is just universally reviled. I don't know why GW has such trouble with resin, resin I've bought from other manufacturers is generally good to great. Cleaning off mold release sucks though.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

My dad won't let me take it for some reason, bastard won't ever play it again, but he's got the game plus the skeleton expansion. I keep meaning to go and commandeer it while he's at work one day but realistically I'll never play it again and it probably didn't hold up as well as I want it to.

Edit: I've only got a handful of resin things as part of the Shadows of Brimstone stuff I've gathered and it's weird. Am I doing something wrong that normal glue just doesn't work well with it?

Probably a stupid question but you are cleaning the mold release off right? If you don't super glue pretty much won't work.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

No? I've never needed it for miniatures before and then I just was shipped resin and it's different and I don't like it.

Unless I've been assembling minis wrong for ten years? Because if so goddamn it Past Len for not learning this before now

Most (all?) resin comes with mold release on it that makes it pretty much impervious to primer or glue. If you hold it under direct sunlight it will look really shiny and greasy. Just soak it in a container of hot water with dish soap or simple green or some other cleaner for an hour and then go over it with a toothbrush.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Philthy posted:

I thought I had a Harlequin wraithlord walker as well, but hosed if I know where that is.

That Harlequin owns. I want a hover-motorcycle shaped like my head.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dat glistening manhood.

Really sharp edge highlights look super weird on meat.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

He mentions her breast crack but what of her vagina bones?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Cessna posted:

A WWI trench game in 54mm:

I like the stained glass stahlhelm.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

glitchkrieg posted:

So uh that new AVP miniature sure is... something.

Isn't it canon that all the "predators" of the predator race are dumbass teenage males?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

berzerkmonkey posted:

Good brushes cost money. That being said, W&N's have been having some serious QC issues lately, and brush tips are splitting a lot. I don't know if they are cheaping out on the sable or what, but the quality isn't what it used to be. Broken Toad is supposed to have some good brushes, but they are all out of stock due to Russian sanctions/shortages.

I got some W&Ns a few months ago that had poor tips and splitting issues. I bought them from blick so they sent me replacements, which were actually quite good, but didn't even look like the same size/model as the originals despite having the same info printed on the handle.

Anyway if you're going to buy W&Ns make sure it's from a reputable dealer who will sort QA issues for you and not some shady amazon marketplace store.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Malifaux is at a point where it really needs a big change up. The factions have all gotten so broad they've lost a lot of their identity. The major design change for 3rd edition seems to be that the list building focus will be on a master's thematic crew rather than its faction. So instead of being able to hire from your faction or take mercs at an increased cost you'll be able to hire from your keyword and take faction stuff for an increased cost. The masters being "removed from the game" seems like a near non-issue to me. They'll still get rules, and I feel like every tournament organizer I've heard from says they're planning on allowing them anyway. I also wouldn't be surprised if they make a "triumphant return" at some point. Nicodem is dead but he's in a faction named "The Resurrectionists". Ramos has been exiled from Malifaux but apparently he's gathering power/support on earth, etc. Of course "removing" masters like that was a boneheaded move since it was obviously going to piss people off and trigger doom and gloom discussions.

I'll probably never know if 3rd edition is any good though. The scene in my town for everything other than X-Wing completely evaporated a year ago. Even 40K is barely hanging on. Makes me almost wish I cared about Star Wars. Warmahordes was huge here 2 or 3 years ago so that one is especially notable.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 9, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Infinity names tend to be bewildering until you look up the meaning behind them at which point they make sense. Like, Bashi Bazouks sounds like total nonsense, maybe the have a bazooka, but it's actually based off an Ottoman term for irregular infantry.

Do you want to have to look up the fluff to make sense of the names though?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

If you're playing Ottomans in a historical game presumably you're into Ottomans and already know the term or would be interested in learning it. With Infinity they use untranslated names from a dozen different languages along with made up scifi terms to fill out their entirely fictional setting. It's not a dealbreaker or anything but it is an extra barrier to entry.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Nebalebadingdong posted:

sexy poodle centaur

Something about non-cent 'taurs just skeeves me out, some reason.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Frobbe posted:

edit: boner report

The Napoleanic era was the height of gunt fashion.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Frobbe posted:

i'm here to save the thread!

my earlier post was a response to that picture.

This is clearly a WIP, but why would make a twit extolling your own genius like that when the mini is in such a poo poo looking state. Also judging by the parts that do look finished the guy probably isn't very good. Also lol that pose.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

A new “Conversation Starter”

:gonk:

Reminds me of that Christmas I spent in Arizona (an arid zone) when I was 5 and couldn't stop licking my lips. Bigger boobs tho.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugleb posted:

Well, he printed it. As a display sized statue no less.

TBF if he printed it at 30mm-ish at that resolution it would have been more print-line than miniature.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hustlin Floh posted:

If you read the artist's description it's 100% supposed to be satirical, but he didn't do a great job of conveying that so now morons across the internet are talking about how it's such an EPIC tribute

Reveilled posted:

This should be the tagline of 40k

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Z the IVth posted:

Subject matter aside some of these look nigh impossible to paint to anyone who is not a competition level painter to begin with.

I dunno, looks very time consuming and repetitive (8 giant legs!) but I don't see anything there that looks like it would be inherently super difficult. Of course if I'm gonna expend that level of effort I'd rather it be on something tasteful, maybe involving orcs...

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Slimnoid posted:

Here I fixed it with my 100% professional critique, Raging Heroes you can bill me later.

The staircase is an integral part of arachnid anatomy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugleb posted:

If you weren't sure this is meant to be Cthulu and could be yours for $49 on kickstarter.

WTF is up with the praying hands on top of its wings?

Edit: getting imgur uploads working right on my phone is annoying as hell.

I think the praying hands are kind of neat but that level of detail/sharpness is on par with what I'd expect from 28mm Reaper bones stuff.

I'd never want to CMON one but it's a much nicer model imo.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Looks kinda like the technodrome.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Are those GI Joes covered in playdoh or something?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

I’m the gun that can’t swivel 360 noscope cuz of the crows nest

It can, it just knocks the crow's nest over every time it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

That's the best looking battletech mini I've ever seen.