Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Chronojam posted:

I'd put a warning on the first page to absolutely not read this second page. You'd lose the magic of the first hundred.

This is a good idea so I will do it.

Fake edit: Oh, it is page three. Okay so if you have read this post but not page one yet go back and read the first post on the first page, and await further instructions.

If you have read this post and also page one, here are those further instructions: post your fave IH moments aw yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

My favorite moment was walking away from the burning building with DOG FOOD and heart sunglasses :allears:

My least favorite moment is now I have to :f5: this thing and it's all your fault thank you

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Chronojam posted:

My favorite moment was walking away from the burning building with DOG FOOD and heart sunglasses :allears:

My least favorite moment is now I have to :f5: this thing and it's all your fault thank you

Actually, some goon in the bad webcomics thread made a wallpaper out of that; it's currently my own, actually!

And oh hey, here it is:

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I liked the part where Pasqualo's mom uses her cyborg abilities to fix the gas pump, which Ally immediately uses to douse her and set her on fire.

Straight outta Compton.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
My favorite part is Maddie and Trisssh.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

it hurts is better than diaz (lol like thats hard to do) here is my conclusive evidence of the superior story telling and accurate protrayal of broken people in an apocalypse

It Hurts! posted:

Aaron Diaz posted:

farrrrrrrrrt oh yeah check out how beefy my waifu is nngh so hot oh yeah DORK SCIENCE i guess w/e

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I always liked those tender moments, especially after the big twist. Pasq and Allison are such good buddies!

Also:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
That crowning scene made me smile.

Also this:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
I think 188 is one of the best.

Those happy faces in panel 5 get me every time.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 28, 2014

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Atrayonis posted:

Trisssh is an OG. Also rage girl is great.

:vince:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Grimpond posted:

it hurts is better than diaz (lol like thats hard to do) here is my conclusive evidence of the superior story telling and accurate protrayal of broken people in an apocalypse

Hey so that strip, plotchat, is that first panel snake bitch accepting that she's lower on the totem pole and no longer has a slave? At least till panel 6 when that problem's resolved with a new slave.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

yea afaik trisssh i guess is implied to worship pasqualo+aurora as the new gods? there was something kinda religious implied when pasqualo did the wall drawing and trisssh reacted to it

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Atrayonis posted:

In the last frame you can see from the bandage that the dad shot himself (like he said he would much earlier after Ally and Pasq left) and failed.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
That reminds me to crosspost the best It Hurts post from the webcomics thread:

Nalin posted:

Wait a minute....

Oh Pasqualo.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

I like Poop. :3:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Chronojam posted:

Hey so that strip, plotchat, is that first panel snake bitch accepting that she's lower on the totem pole and no longer has a slave? At least till panel 6 when that problem's resolved with a new slave.

I think she willingly chose to be his servant, because she's all star struck about Pasq.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

I think she willingly chose to be his servant, because she's all star struck about Pasq.

Yeah but it seems like she's deferring to Aurora now, too, instead of making her build cars. I guess that's what came of the big manga reveal incident.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Ally will always be #1, but Aurora's great too. I just love how ridiculously positive she is about everything. :3:

Oh, am I too far gone in admitting that I listened to the podcast Gob and his buddies recorded?

Mordja fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 28, 2014

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Chronojam posted:

Yeah but it seems like she's deferring to Aurora now, too, instead of making her build cars. I guess that's what came of the big manga reveal incident.

I think she gets that they were both responsible, so it would be like honoring both a king and his queen or something. Still waiting to see how they all react to Katie...

Also:

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 28, 2014

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Grimpond posted:

yea afaik trisssh i guess is implied to worship pasqualo+aurora as the new gods? there was something kinda religious implied when pasqualo did the wall drawing and trisssh reacted to it

Trissh understood Pasqualo was trying to depict the event that triggered the end of the human world, and the harbinger of the monster age, something she and her people (if any) have been waiting for a long time, presumably. That would explain her instant shift in allegiance- Pasqualo is Monster Jesus.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Wicker Man posted:

I think she gets that they were both responsible, so it would be like honoring both a king and his queen or something. Still waiting to see how they all react to Katie...

Also:

loving :laffo:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Going along with what Kermit said, Trisssh sees Pasqualo as a god because he created this mess. She holds Aurora up as well because she helped Pasqualo do it. If Pas is the Jesus of this story, Aurora is certainly the Mary figure in Trisssh's mind, ignoring the fact that Aurora is probably outright God or another heavenly being. I don't really see outright devotion to Aurora on Trisssh's part but there is definitely reverence and possibly protectionism due to the sacred symbolism of the dry erase board's iconography.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

Also:

:vince:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Robviously posted:

Going along with what Kermit said, Trisssh sees Pasqualo as a god because he created this mess. She holds Aurora up as well because she helped Pasqualo do it. If Pas is the Jesus of this story, Aurora is certainly the Mary figure in Trisssh's mind, ignoring the fact that Aurora is probably outright God or another heavenly being. I don't really see outright devotion to Aurora on Trisssh's part but there is definitely reverence and possibly protectionism due to the sacred symbolism of the dry erase board's iconography.

That or fear of the whole 'ending you with a song because you made her your slave and bragged about banging her boyfriend and making her clean up the mess' aspect of their relationship.

Aurora's face when Trisssh talked about ravishing Pascalo is amazing. It's impossible to tell if she is just faltering under Trissh's weight, suppressing anger towards Trisssh, or suppressing laughter because of Trisssh's immense arrogance Aurora is, y'know, God. Not exactly the sort to worry about a rival. It's interesting that the next immediate strip is Aurora letting Trisssh in on the joke.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

That reminds me to crosspost the best It Hurts post from the webcomics thread:
Oh Pasqualo.

Holy poo poo I hadn't caught that yet.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nathilus posted:

Holy poo poo I hadn't caught that yet.

Forgive me for being willfully dense, but is it just a coincidental precursor to #100? I keep thinking I'm missing something.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Wicker Man posted:

Forgive me for being willfully dense, but is it just a coincidental precursor to #100? I keep thinking I'm missing something.

Pasqualo bitches about it being his fault but that's just because he's a big lame sadbrains baby. Those panels combined show that it actually WAS his fault.

Aurora has the power to make thought reality. But she doesn't seem to do it on her own, she needs someone elses' head to pull poo poo out of. By recommending the gruesome method of dealing with nervousness, he became the catalyst of the reaction that doomed the world. He's shinji pretty much.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nathilus posted:

Pasqualo bitches about it being his fault but that's just because he's a big lame sadbrains baby. Those panels combined show that it actually WAS his fault.

Aurora has the power to make thought reality. But she doesn't seem to do it on her own, she needs someone elses' head to pull poo poo out of. By recommending the gruesome method of dealing with nervousness, he became the catalyst of the reaction that doomed the world. He's shinji pretty much.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This, too, is one of my favorite moments.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Chronojam posted:

This, too, is one of my favorite moments.

Ally is almost always the best.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Don't feel too bad bro I was making that same face like half an hour ago. It's tricky to connect the dots because the car thing happens after the shinji thing. Also:

http://imgur.com/Fvv9uOb (linked for the big spoiler) == https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shrnMt20weQ (warning: anime, grotesque, screaming wuss)

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Whatever abilities Aurora have pretty much been linked to the wants of other people. Almost like she's a genie in that she can do what other people want done but can't directly influence the world around her (without causing the apocalypse). All Pasqualo wanted was for her to sing, too bad the world couldn't handle it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Robviously posted:

Whatever abilities Aurora have pretty much been linked to the wants of other people. Almost like she's a genie in that she can do what other people want done but can't directly influence the world around her (without causing the apocalypse). All Pasqualo wanted was for her to sing, too bad the world couldn't handle it.

I dunno about that, P-Q completely discarded his broken heart on the ground after the snake bitch showdown and Aurora just showed up to revive it on her own account. Typing this out I wonder if it's symbolism.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
it is a dumb comic that is fun to read dont make it any more than that

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Afraid of Audio posted:

Nah its actually quite a bit more cool because there's at least some level of thought and planning behind it. poo poo doesn't have to be a masterstroke to add a bit of patina to the juvenile humor.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Shakenbaker posted:

Ally is almost always the best.

Afraid of Audio posted:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hi I read this. Ally is cool, I will continue to read this.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Chronojam posted:

I dunno about that, P-Q completely discarded his broken heart on the ground after the snake bitch showdown and Aurora just showed up to revive it on her own account. Typing this out I wonder if it's symbolism.

I think that the symbolism of it is huge but can we really say that she didn't show back up because Pasqualo wants to see her again? She obviously wants to be here and see Pas but I never said she couldn't have her own wants and needs. Pas means a lot to her and it feels like her coming back is an attempt to apologize for getting caught up in the moment and to be with the dude she loves. He is still tits out in love since he turned down Trisssh and has spoken about how he "still has a girlfriend." He obviously knows that he's gonna see her again, whether through blind faith in her or outright stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Literally Kermit posted:

Actually, some goon in the bad webcomics thread made a wallpaper out of that; it's currently my own, actually!

And oh hey, here it is:

Gob actually made it, linked in the fourth comment.

edit: Crosspostin' this book sketch (that I didn't see here)

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 29, 2014

• Locked thread