Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
BEEP BEEP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress life is magnificent.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What In The gently caress?!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It looks like Aurora save Pasq from being completely destroyed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Chekhov's Bitchin' Car finally strikes, I see.

Moddington posted:

gently caress life is magnificent.

Life is a nightmare, Allison.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I wondered where Trisssh was last page. Now I know.

Now I know.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Can't really blame her for trying. She just doesn't want the second impact to happen. But its kind of hard to own someone who god(?) is in love with. Gotta love that poo poo-eating grin.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

sniper4625 posted:

I wondered where Trisssh was last page. Now I know.

Now I know.
Good catch. Beep beep! Cars are for running bitches over in the strange apocalypse they find themselves in.

Man, I'm glad the car actually got some use in a few different pages instead of just being a throwaway gag.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

BEEP BEEP!

Now I know what I'm getting drawn in the book when I got some spare scratch. Trisssh driving off a boss jump Dukes of Hazard style.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nathilus posted:

Can't really blame her for trying. She just doesn't want the second impact to happen. But its kind of hard to own someone who god(?) is in love with. Gotta love that poo poo-eating grin.

After seeing how badly it was breaking Pasq down an how Aurora saved him, I'm not so sure she was the target. It's possible she wanted to destroy him out of hate for being so much better despite being his dad's creation. Or rather because he IS his dad's creation.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah who knows who the target was, maybe she stuck it to Pasq assuming Aurora wouldn't leave? Or she's still pissed that Allison lit her on fire? Or she's just a crazy scientist lady conducting research by zapping him.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Siiigh, at this rate Pasq will never die and get to punch god/satan in the balls.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Conspiracy theory time: maybe the real reason Pasq's dad made him to be better was due to a long term plan to get back at his wife, who he also hates. Whether it was to show her up or to actually have him stop her in someway, I'm not sure. Even though his dad claimed it was to mess with his son.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wicker Man posted:

Conspiracy theory time: maybe the real reason Pasq's dad made him to be better was due to a long term plan to get back at his wife, who he also hates. Whether it was to show her up or to actually have him stop her in someway, I'm not sure. Even though his dad claimed it was to mess with his son.

I don't think there's anything deeper to Dad (besides his deep well of artistic talent). Maybe it's both and he also wanted to mess with his wife, but I don't think he was bluffing when he said he hated Pasq all those times over and over.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Thought the idea was that he hated Pas-Q at least partially because he hated his wife, too?

Hey wait a second, his mom knew this was coming. She's the one who sold the bunker to Katie, who definitely knew this was coming. Why didn't Dad know? He just sat there and got turned to ash. :tinfoil:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

It seems that it's clearly to get back at his wife for something. It seems like he could have easily made himself a cyborg if he wanted to but would rather have left a living reminder of his wife's failures around to keep her company forever.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
When his mom found out how superior he was due to his father, she got really upset.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I was expecting Trisssh to somehow intervene with her new car, but not for Aurora to completely "no-sell" Jennifer's shenanigans. I am okay with this!

That grin and finger wag are the absolute best oh gosh :3:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Chronojam posted:

Thought the idea was that he hated Pas-Q at least partially because he hated his wife, too?

Hey wait a second, his mom knew this was coming. She's the one who sold the bunker to Katie, who definitely knew this was coming. Why didn't Dad know? He just sat there and got turned to ash. :tinfoil:

Because Dad hated life with a passion.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
That car has a name and its name is Ssstacy. I love this comic.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Chronojam posted:

What better way to gently caress up your idiot child mentally than to be obliterated by him

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Dad knows everything, he just takes the path that fucks with everyone's lives the most because he hates everyone.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I'm still very curious as to how Katie, and whoever else, knew about the coming apocalypse. Prophecy? Crazy future-predicting tech? That, and just what is up with Tubsy. While I won't dispute that that one scene was some gangsta poo poo, I don't think he pulled that off by just being the strongest kid in middle school. He's also smashing pallets over his head in one of the one-off flash-back strips. Granted, it's used for comic effect there, but still... He got singled out and pulled down to hell for a reason, and I feel there's got to be more to that than the devil wanting to mess with a friend of Pas. I don't think he'll simply be a bargaining chip either.

As far as today's comic, amazing. Reading Aurora's emotions around her ever-present smile is always interesting as well, and gives me another reason to read back through the archives.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Oh lord that's a good page.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
1# Mom of the Apocalypse:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I just wonder what tsundere mom was trying to accomplish there.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

RIP dolphin shirt, you were too great for this imperfect post-apocalyptic world.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Chronojam posted:

RIP dolphin shirt, you were too great for this imperfect post-apocalyptic world.

Gonna miss that shirt :(

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well I guess that's it for all of Pasqualo's skin and hair coloring!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Also one more of these before the break, so get ready for a killer cliffhanger or a cutesy feelgood or something I guess. Or maybe just the usual unpredictable stuff.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'd like to see the human patent office paperwork.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
well i guess now we know where he got the weeaboo from

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I just wonder what tsundere mom was trying to accomplish there.
I think she was trying to kill Aurora. She just doesn't give a poo poo about Pasqualo.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I approve of this new nickname for Roy Orbison. And Pasq's appreciation of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kPVErat2zU

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

i liek pixels. dis's my walpaper:

for cga users:

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo

TwoPair posted:

Well I guess that's it for all of Pasqualo's skin and hair coloring!

Nah, remember - his dad designed him so that if he was happy he could feel pain, and if he was miserable he couldn't kill himself. It looks like the happier Pasqualo is, the closer to human his skin and hair become.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
You know, the strip before this one is the first time we've seen anything approaching a malicious expression on Aurora's face. That's kind of scary from the all-powerful happy bundle of joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Darth Walrus posted:

You know, the strip before this one is the first time we've seen anything approaching a malicious expression on Aurora's face. That's kind of scary from the all-powerful happy bundle of joy.

That's far from malicious. She looks like she's gently chiding Pasq's mom for the li'l rascal she is.

• Locked thread