Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Just going off of her hair and even her dresses, I always got a Hispanic feel from Allison. Skin tone seems about right, too.

Still, "probably black" is a great way to put it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Literally Kermit posted:

I say this chiefly because I was puzzled why Satan just pops up and acts all chummy with Pasqualo right before shooting him in the dick. It seemed like such a non sequitur. Now I know - he's disappointed his old promising drinking buddy failed to kill God. :saddowns:

Wasn't there something in there about the devil being gay for Pasqualo too? Maybe it's just another off color joke.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I know a lot of people had issues with the first 100 pages, but I loved them since they make me think back to my middle school days. Except Ally was a dude named Larry for me.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Literally Kermit posted:

But the Zombie King was Elvis. And Allison literally just had to take the crown from him. Then all were bros. :3:

From that point on, I've decided to just enjoy the ride.

This is an accurate depiction of just enjoying the ride.

Glad to see you hung onto that picture! Was seriously considering that as a new avatar. If not that, I've got a back up.

First time reads from 1-100 is like getting your cherry popped.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I always liked those tender moments, especially after the big twist. Pasq and Allison are such good buddies!

Also:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Atrayonis posted:

I think 188 is one of the best.

Those happy faces in panel 5 get me every time.

Trisssh is an OG. Also rage girl is great.

:vince:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Chronojam posted:

Hey so that strip, plotchat, is that first panel snake bitch accepting that she's lower on the totem pole and no longer has a slave? At least till panel 6 when that problem's resolved with a new slave.

I think she willingly chose to be his servant, because she's all star struck about Pasq.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Chronojam posted:

Yeah but it seems like she's deferring to Aurora now, too, instead of making her build cars. I guess that's what came of the big manga reveal incident.

I think she gets that they were both responsible, so it would be like honoring both a king and his queen or something. Still waiting to see how they all react to Katie...

Also:

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 28, 2014

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nathilus posted:

Holy poo poo I hadn't caught that yet.

Forgive me for being willfully dense, but is it just a coincidental precursor to #100? I keep thinking I'm missing something.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nathilus posted:

Pasqualo bitches about it being his fault but that's just because he's a big lame sadbrains baby. Those panels combined show that it actually WAS his fault.

Aurora has the power to make thought reality. But she doesn't seem to do it on her own, she needs someone elses' head to pull poo poo out of. By recommending the gruesome method of dealing with nervousness, he became the catalyst of the reaction that doomed the world. He's shinji pretty much.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Shakenbaker posted:

Ally is almost always the best.

Afraid of Audio posted:

it is a dumb comic that is fun to read dont make it any more than that

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Oh Allison :allears:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Little Mac posted:

This comic is good. Katie is my favorite character but so is everyone. Okay bye.

It seems weird but I never understood why everyone likes Katie. She's a paranoid kook that turned out to be right.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
New one's up. God I feel like the tension of meeting Aurora again to be more intense than the confrontation with the zombie king.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I know that the glow typically comes anytime his powers are being used, like when he is moving fast or using strength and being physically hurt.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Robviously posted:

Reading the GBS thread is basically an apocalypse scenario in and of itself.

I keep finding myself comparing this comic to Shaun of the Dead in that it's one of the few pieces of media that just decides to run with the crazy and doesn't seem to lose touch with it's heart. The world may be a shithole but how can you be that upset when your posse consists of: Your newly crowned zombie king best friend, her zombie dog, a snake that worships you as the herald of the new age, her crazy pet child, a black handyman with the vision to build you a suitable pad, and possible God herself. And none of it feels out of place in the ruins of a world where your other best friend straight out punched a skull out of a dude's head.

Pow! Gangsta poo poo!

The author alone makes it worthwhile. Like someone mentioned before, he really goes out of his way to check up with his fans.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
poo poo just got real.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
He also has the left arm wound and roughly the same stomach hole.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It's awesome how well newcomers get drawn in! I think there might still be some potential fans hanging out in the bad Web comic thread that don't know about this one.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

It Hurts...Like a sickness!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
New one's up :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
About Pasq's mom, I find it interesting that she's actually an inferior cyborg compared to him.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Well poo poo. Guess Ally had the right idea earlier with the car.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 8, 2014

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Just noticed the little girl took out her swords :)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

A big flaming stink posted:

geez

well i hope its even more like akira and the laser doesn't work

wait so if pasqualo is tetsuo, then who's kaneda?

Allison, of course.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
BEEP BEEP.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It looks like Aurora save Pasq from being completely destroyed.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nathilus posted:

Can't really blame her for trying. She just doesn't want the second impact to happen. But its kind of hard to own someone who god(?) is in love with. Gotta love that poo poo-eating grin.

After seeing how badly it was breaking Pasq down an how Aurora saved him, I'm not so sure she was the target. It's possible she wanted to destroy him out of hate for being so much better despite being his dad's creation. Or rather because he IS his dad's creation.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Conspiracy theory time: maybe the real reason Pasq's dad made him to be better was due to a long term plan to get back at his wife, who he also hates. Whether it was to show her up or to actually have him stop her in someway, I'm not sure. Even though his dad claimed it was to mess with his son.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
When his mom found out how superior he was due to his father, she got really upset.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
1# Mom of the Apocalypse:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Chronojam posted:

RIP dolphin shirt, you were too great for this imperfect post-apocalyptic world.

Gonna miss that shirt :(

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Argh, beaten.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

sniper4625 posted:

drat, your goddess girlfriend literally saves you from a giant space laser beam, and your first act of gratitude is to dump her.

That's cold, Pas.

I get that, but even so it was pretty important that he should tell her.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
That panel with his mom is just begging to be shopped out for quote material.

Oh Trisssh :allears:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Haha, you can barely see it, but Trisssh is blushing.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

A big flaming stink posted:

Jen for best mom

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

The heck is this thing from?

Wicker Man