Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Still haven't quite forgiven him for Poop though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The beret on top of his top hat :allears:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, I never thought I'd see the day when I would put up with a comic that put emoticons and little faces and things into word balloons and used phrases like "lol" and "hehe" in dialogue, but here we are.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I imagine what he was smelling was AOL.

Easy mistake to make, I know

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Screensavers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Figured also she might have been casting enough light that everyone else's shadows would be radiating out from her.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It kinda reminds me of the Thermians in Galaxy Quest, who are constantly smiling even when they're talking about how their race has been genocided or whatever, presumably because they don't know how to do any other kind of human expression. Lends a certain kind of poignancy to it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hate you Gob and I want you to have my baby.

Seriously, here, take it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

God dammit I loving teared up.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Accordion Man posted:

We better have a sidestory of Poop and Tubsy screwing around in Hell.

Playing fetch with flaming skulls :3:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just wanna say that "See you in hell, babe" is a fuckin' great line. :allears:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hey everybody, I'm a farmer! Howdy howdy howdy!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We gotta get Aramek on this poo poo too.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gobolatula posted:

Oh, dag nabbit.

I hate when this happens.

Like, I saw the joke of saying "Jeebus" for "Jesus" when the Simpsons did it, and then later I saw the same drat joke on Family Guy. In a fury I looked up the airdates, and it turns out FG actually did it first :suicide:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

More like with all this buildup, things are going to go horribly wrong for Bird Nose and our friends.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nothing goes with post-apocalyptic survival like an octobong.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You've made all of our lives better. Godspeed Gob.

Gobspeed

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Visual language says one of them has the upper hand, but actual language suggests the opposite. :ohdear:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's he term for having your body removed from your head?

Decorpitation?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Robviously posted:

Ugh, gently caress, I'm gonna be that guy.

So, I'm gonna go with the assumption that Pasqualo's family is either Italian or has a hard on for Italian nomenclature. Why, you ask? -ini is a somewhat common suffix giving to last names in Italy, specifically families from the Piedmont region. I'll get to that a little later, though.

Pasquale is a perfectly acceptable Italian name. But for the sake of us dirty Americans, a lot of times in fiction characters of Italian decent are given names that end with "o" as that is one of, if not the most, common ending for a male name. Seriously, try to think of an Italian dude's name at random and see how many you can think of that don't end in "o" and that aren't Luigi. Running with this, Pasquale can easily become Pasqualo. But since I'm gonna be that guy, for those too lazy to use wikipedia, Pasquale comes from the noun Pasque and is used to mean "Born on Easter." A pretty fitting name for this dude who causes an apocalypse.

His last name, though, is a bit simpler but also has a loose biblical connection. Triangolo is Italian for triangle and, as is usually done with people moving about, going from Triangolo to Trangolini to Trianglini would be a rather simple road for a name to take over countless decades and having to deal with naturalization during immigration proceedings. Like most surnames, it would denote something about that family; in this case the most appropriate translation would be "of the little triangle."

Basically it's all a lot of :words: to say that his name has about as much meaning as the christian symbolism in Evangelion does.

I too remember lying on a couch in a darkened mahogany-scented campus library that two of my freshman buddies and I had broken into at 4AM and spending three hours blearily debating the meaning of the Particle Man lyrics

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Now that's what I call a cock and balls story

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nipple holes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

tlarn posted:

No seriously the chocolate used in a lot of candy in the States is cheap as gently caress, the difference is unreal when you get some proper chocolate. It's like American cheese and actual cheese.

Not just cheap, it has poo poo like butyric acid in it for no good reason except "chocolate was once made with spoiled milk so people got used to it that way".

There are many great chocolate brands, both American and foreign. Just make sure it doesn't say Hershey's (or Mars or whatever) on the wrapper and you'll be fine,

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dabir posted:

American chocolate tastes like vomit.

Other people aren't so loving stupid.

Yeah, that's the butyric acid. That's literally what it does, make things taste like vomit. They add it on purpose.

America has plenty of excellent brands of chocolate that don't use HFCS or puke extract. Just don't reach for a Hershey bar as your archetypical example, same as you wouldn't reach for a Budweiser or a Big Mac, and you'll be fine.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Haha, she's winking like Lucille Bluth

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

something awful :allears:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Of course she's not going to get very far TIG welding without a fill rod :science:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cat Mattress posted:

The apocalypse did wonders to cure everybody of their inhibition, nobody has any qualms about just blurting out their weird sex stuff to everyone.

But they still seek privacy in order to do it, riddle me that

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's an amazing face

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So it's pronounced "gobe", got it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cat Mattress posted:

:eng101: Soft Gs are only ever before 'e' or 'i' or 'y' (or at least, where one of these vowels ought to be, like in "judgment" which should have been "judgement" because it's built from "judge", but at some point laziness prevailed). Before 'a', 'o', 'u', the 'g' is always hard. On the other hand, before an 'e', 'i', or 'y', it can be hard or soft depending on the word; as a rule of thumb if the word comes from Latin/French roots it'll probably be a soft 'g', but if it comes from old English it'll probably be hard.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's surprisingly easy to read his lips

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gobolatula posted:

Gahhh... I'm such an idiot. What happened was I wanted to edit my post because I didn't capitalize the "H" in one of the times I typed "Hell," but instead of editing the post I clicked "quote" and I was just editing the quote and pushed "submit." Then I changed that post to my "sorry I'm an idiot" message. Then I got off the toilet and went back to work.

You are the best

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Samovar posted:

I always seem to dream about being late for a bus/train/plane and then my teeth fall out.

I keep having these long, involved airport dreams. Running through terminals, waiting for flights, watching for departure times, waiting in lines, sitting in departure lounges. And then when I finally get on the plane it does bizarre poo poo like flying for hundreds of miles at treetop level / avoiding obstacles / veering off course and nearly crashing, or I'll be sitting in a row of seats that's right at the edge of a gaping hole in the bottom of the plane which is apparently part of the design (there are seats all around the edge and people just sit there reading magazines with the wind whipping all around).

I don't mind flying at all, I quite enjoy it. WTF

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There's something very, I don't know, Jhonen Vasquez about the whole "I drew the driver on this side so it's a British truck" thing

I mean that in the best possible way :ohdear:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dias posted:

Life is poo poo but it can be really cool sometimes, Pasqualo got this poo poo right finally.

"It's like, you gotta have stuff that sucks to have stuff that's cool" —Butt-head

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can't believe "broner" is only being invented here and now and we are witness to its coining.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hmm, actually it's been in urbandictionary since 2007

I didn't see it in a quick google and, well :negative:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hahaha sick Reggie drop there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

To this day my brain likes to remind me of stupid mortifying poo poo I did when I was like ten years old, and I have to start humming tunelessly in a desperate attempt to shut myself up.

The worst part is I know other people would remember these things if I reminded them.

• Locked thread