Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I saw this mentioned in the Webcomics thread yesterday and forced my way through the early parts of this comic out of curiosity, and I'm definitely glad I did. Though to be honest I didn't have to make it all the way to page 100 before I started enjoying it. It got pretty funny well before then once it got into its groove and I got used to the style of humor.

Page 100 took it to another level though.

RIP Poops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

Shot-gunning the comic for the first time must be nuts, now. Most of our first times ended with Pasq and Ally wandering into the Pine Barrens looking for Katie, which is where the comic was when it first really got noticed by the Bad Webcomic Thread.

Now the comic about vomiting literal rainbows because the main character's 'borg mom tampered with her family's graham cracker recipe.

I think what's remarkable is that I went in knowing that something dramatic was going to happen at comic 100, was able to guess that Katie was totally right in everything she was talking about, and yet the comic still managed to surprise me both by how graphic 100 was and how even more crazy things became once the apocalypse actually happened.

It's really good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GUESS WHO FUCKNUTS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The latter would be funnier so that's what I'm guessing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It sounded good, Pasqualo

It sounded good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That man died too soon

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm glad this was resolved.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat Gob is fuckin' ruthless

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think because the DJ called them Ham Hams in the previous panel?

I don't really know anything about Hamtaro

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Those pesky space rhinos

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jesus

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm glad he's dead too

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=431-moving-on

A new spin on an old classic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God sounds like a piece of poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Screams unending

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Important:

http://www.gobolatula.com/ithurts/chalk.png

Minus one minus one minus one minus one

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell seems nice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh wow this is hosed up

But also some really cool foreshadowing with Big Me and the start of this comic, good stuff

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Can anyone find the page where Trissh kills her classmates? I'm curious how the reaction to that looks in light of this.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Found it: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=450-class-for-gifted-monsters

More subtle than with Big Me but the teacher is supposed to be genuinely unsure about the presence of other students, not just doing a wacky Hell gag.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Simsmagic posted:

Allie and Katie going back to the standard design scheme when they forgot who Tubsy was is probably my favorite detail ever

Oh man. I processed the significance of Pasqualo still being blue but somehow the specifics of the art style change for the other two didn't sink in.

I can't believe this comic keeps managing to pull these incredible gut punches.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

It's still impressive how this comic hasn't choked to death on its own ambition yet, every few months it comes out with a giant "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT IT HURTS" story update and every time it feels interesting and earned.

Yeah we spent a few months getting comfortable from the last big twist, to the point where we were acclimated to the story taking place in Hell of all things and then this happens

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Why you gotta kick him while he's down

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

I want Pasq and Ally to join back up with Trisssh and Mark and they all start to believe Pasq because Mark longer remembers how he died.

This is exactly the question I want Pasq to think of to ask people. At the very least the answer can help him work out how the memory erasure works.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Geez...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm proud of Pasq for his response

I mean the peeing part

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm excited to see what Heaven is like

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=466-heaven

There was no other way this could be

E: Haha he called Magma Spider a Hikikomori and in all her appearances she's been inside. Well played

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 21, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TwoPair posted:

I find it pretty hard to believe that Pasqy's dad never touched his dick, but I guess he really was a genius and was that forward-thinking.

He probably built a robot to do it for him

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

change my name posted:

Nah it's because heaven is actually hell for monsters. The monsters in hell are there because they hosed up heaven too much and got sent down, I think it's mentioned when they first get to hell.

This is the page you're referring to: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=445-hell-high

But it implies that regardless of whether you're human or monster, the primary criteria for where you end up remains the same. If what you're saying were true, Trisssh and the other monsters would've gone to heaven as well.

Plus he called magma spider a hikikomori, doesn't get more blatant than that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm having a serious discussion about dick touching and sunlight being the primary criteria for determining if you go to heaven or hell

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo at all of that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God kinda sucks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nalin posted:

Why would it not make sense? Magmaspider knows Pasq is trying to save his mom. She even knows what she looks like, as shown in #466. Why wouldn't that dialog work?

Jen was just erased from existence.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

tags: pasqualo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That was amazing, Gob. I'm still reeling.

I missed the stream, will it be archived somehow?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You wrote a lot of stuff there but the one thing that bothers me the most is that you've read this whole comic and yet you can't spell Pasqualo right

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Cheese doesn't exist in this universe, turns out. A universe without the original Pasqualo weirdly removed the concept of cheese from it entirely, completely unintended side-effect

Turns out Pasqualo just created Hell again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat I missed these idiots

• Locked thread