Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Every once in a while, someone asks me why the hell I could like a comic like It Hurts!! and with every comic update, those people become increasingly more irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wicker Man posted:

Momma got loose.

Ahahaha, I was wondering! I am glad this is not wrapping up at all, whatsoever.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

scarycave posted:

Can't they just use her to fix everything?

Not when she unleashed destruction far beyond the ken of human imagination, unfortunately.

Imagining someone back alive may be the reason Allison is still mostly human, since there was a brief moment where P-Q watches her die, and before Aurora faded away. Even then, it took a week for her to revive. Imagining people back to life after they've been torn apart is probably some monkey's paw levels of hosed up poo poo.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm unsure if Aurora is trying to not laugh or not cry in the last panel.

I think she's regained her composure, somewhat. She's still a pretty chill person, but yeah, Jesus, she really is pretty divorced from reality as far as mortals are concerned.

Never forget Tubsy.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
It's true, Katie is the best if it weren't for Trisssh, snakewarrior snakewoman.

This might have gotten lost in the shuffle, but it's a cute little detail:

Gobolatula posted:

I normally don’t like pointing out “secrets,” but this is the same exact thing Poop was trying to say here:

Trisssh's little apprentice is named 'Maddie', by the way. All the characters in any given strip are in the labels for that comic. It's why we know the names of Ally's two Zom-bros (Skeezy E, Skullcap Frank).

Edit: Another cool subtle thing I am sure someone must have pointed out already, BUT! If Pasqualo's mom kept her married name (unlikely as that might be), then his full given name would be Pasqualo Trianglini.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 17, 2014

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
So it was a blatant "gently caress You" to his ex-wife, then. Pasq's Dad for best character.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Oxxidation posted:

Christ, you murder the world just one time and no one ever shuts up about it.

It really is nice to have characters directly tell the status quo to go gently caress itself.

I'm glad Katie's being accepted into the group and Aurora's taking poo poo from it. Both of them had inside info of the Apocalypse, but in Katie's case, she actually did warn everyone, repeatedly, before loving off to the bunker.

Also Pasqulo now! Fight the PTSD! :ohdear:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

itsagoonslife.jpg :gbsmith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Oh yeah, that was a plot point that was mentioned a bunch early on, I don't think anything has been done with it though.

It's possible it was just something bad that happened, unrelated to the main cast in any way, but then again, this is It Hurts!!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Chronojam posted:

Pretty much either way works. That remaining a mystery's no big deal. It's not like they're going to have a chance to bring a fire inspector out to finish the job because the world ended.

no but they might find evidence of the cause considering they're rebuilding the entire school.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
No loving way, I officially gave up plot speculation but earlier today I totally out of nowhere wondered when the penguin crackers would return.

It's been what, a little over a week since the talent show?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I like this comic but some of y'all take it way too seriously.

This is not untrue.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gobolatula posted:

I love that so much! Can I pretty please put it on my site? If so, how would you like to be credited? Do you have a link to more of your art?

Address the check to Scare E. Cave. care of K. T. Frog.

Also Gob, have you read the entire thread? Doesn't matter, give me a sec to dig up the animated art he's done of Poop.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
(c) S. E. Cave donut steals

Although as someone pointed out, he done hosed up that last one. :mad:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Oh hey, look, new wallpaper!

Oh poo poo, Katie doffed the turtleneck, it must be love. Plus she's all business, clipboardin' it up.

But enough of that, Maddie's combat readiness is obviously the star of the show, here.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Bloodnose posted:

Is that a lack thereof? I assume she doesn't have one because she glows and light sources don't cast shadows?

It could also be a case of "She is and isn't there".

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They seem like pretty decent folks, it's just that with the end of the world they're having trouble adjusting their long term responsibilities.

Wawa's has some pretty good gottdang pretzels I tell you what. Make nice subs, too.

I wish the chain went a little farther north than Stroudsburg, though.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Wait, where's Maddie's brother, Zack?

Where is Zack? :stonk:

vvv oh man, PHEW!

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 31, 2014

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Bifauxnen posted:

Huh, Trisssh is even looking up there nervously at it in the first panel?

Haha, yep. The PoV in panel three rotates no more than 20 degrees, so where's she's looking in panel one is the same general area.

And they DO look like the hands that got Tubsy. This will either be the saddest arc or the awesomest.

I realized the most unsettling thing about Trisssh's costume: she used human teeth, too.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 31, 2014

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Really nice background detail: Trisssh wants to learn everything she can about the human world, so it makes sense she made the library her bedroom :3:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Chronojam posted:

Lord of the Rings isn't going to read itself.

I just hope they had more than one copy of The Two Towers.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Paladinus posted:

This is great. Could have easily missed it, but it's cool it's there. The amount of details is astounding in this comic.

Particularly because that's the same expression of "shocked but amused" expression she had when Mr. Jones was picturing J-Lo's booty. She's probably seeing Ally with a giant boner (and a sandwich to match) in her head.

Thought: Aurora probably has the power to restore Ally to full life, but can't because Ally wouldn't want that. Not out of 'it's my fate' or anything, but because then she couldn't be Zombie King.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wicker Man posted:

I find the lack of posts in here lately to be disturbing :colbert:

It's also the lull between story arcs!

I really like the latest update. Someone posted it in the bad webcomics thread recently, and said they didn't like it (the over all comic), probably because they took Ally's dialog at face value (or they just legit don't like it, which is ok, too).

The thing of it is, Ally just forgave the girl who directly caused the end of the world, and thus caused the deaths of Ally's family, one of her best friends, not to mention most of the others, and her very zombification.

True, Allison sided with Pasq when he confronted and dumped Aurora, but now she's making peace, and letting Aurora that she accepts her for who she is, which is one of the things that makes Ally Ally. Also she wants a cut in on that wish fulfillment poo poo, which is the other thing that makes Ally Ally.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Calaveron posted:

Is being the guy who overanalyzes and overthinks the light-hearted romp of children surviving a horrible apocalypse the thing that makes Literally Kermit Literally Kermit

Pretty much, yeah. The medication only does so much. :smith:

Edit: and, yeah, I pretty much phoned that last one in. There's really not much happening at the moment other than wrapping up the last arc, so there's isn't much to post about.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 6, 2014

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
They also may have been joking, or maybe they just changed their mind about the comic. And that's okay for them to do! It's a natural reaction from withdrawl from Pasqualo's dad. :smith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Aurora trying to talk poo poo through her omni-present smile is just great.

Pasq still adjusting to his ex's godhood powers is even greater.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Pasqualo's loneliness was so powerful that he wished a wish-granting girlfriend out of nothingness, proactively.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Oh my gosh! It's happening! :swoon:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Well that puts a damper on my, "Tubsy has been punching the devil in the dick for his boy." theory.

It just means he hasn't punched the devil in the dick yet.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Beef Turret posted:

I donated 5 bucks to gobolatula for the deece laughs and I encourage you all to do the same. Cheers

Gonna grab books and spring for sketches once I get my piece of poo poo car street legal. Everyone should do this. (Car safety is important).

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So this....uh...thing ate Tubsy, and that's why its' tummy hurts.

Makes sense; Tubsy was a cool guy, but I doubt he'd make a very healthy snack.

He's fat enough gently caress that the two are in a stalemate trying to digest each other.

Even if Tubsy's perma-dead, it'd be cool to see Pasq and Ally get some closure. If he isn't, it's gonna be one hell of a comeback.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Maybe Tubsy is in his guts and poo poo out wasps, thus causing the stomach ache?

Holy poo poo!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Captain Bravo posted:

Arms, mouth, and balls. That's basically it, probably?

One glowing green eye-thing, that's usually a promising place to start

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

A big flaming stink posted:

so I guess Aurora frowns now? odd how just her facial expression is pretty loving unsettling to the mood

She wasn't smiling because she had to, she was always smiling because she didn't know how to frown.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
PASQ'S DAD IS REALLY BAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebSxF0rr5I

DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD

(Pasq's dad rules)

PASQ'S DAD IS REALLY BAD

DAD DAD DAD DAD

(disappoint his prejudiced rear end)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Wicker Man posted:

You know that it's building up to something good with the flashbacks.

Oh poo poo, this can't possibly telegraph its punches any harder and that's not going to make it hurt less, one little bit. :smith:

Tubsy's gonna scare Pasq one more time, only this time the monsters are real, they were real all along :smithicide:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dominic White posted:

I am kinda blown away by how much I care about these characters now. My first impression was that this was some amateur south park knockoff trying too hard to be edgy. Now we've got a real story arc dripping with pathos and badass post-apocalyptic monster friend protagonists who are still totally just scared children, clinging to each other in the darkness.

Pleasant webcomic surprise of the year 2014.

It's a wacky hijinks type comic except the wacky hijinks are for keeps and dead people stay dead.

Except when they don't, and the main character can literally regrow from scraps. And yet it is still pretty suspenseful and also still pretty tragic, because yeah, they are still just a bunch of scared kids.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I think it's a little of both, probably. Doesn't want to upset the bro-cart.

I like that Pasqualo is hardly the most hosed-up-but-not-quite broken person in It Hurts!!. You can see Ally go through a whole rainbow of emotion, from happy to shock to panic to painfully-masked disappointment, and it's a great example of showing, not telling what a character is going through.

This is going to be either the sweetest comeback in all of webcomic history, or the most tragic putting-down scene since "Old Yeller". :smith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

egon_beeblebrox posted:

With all the foreshadowing, I think it'd be kind of funny if Tubsy's corpse was just lying next to whatever's down in the basement and nobody acknowledges it.

Part of me knows this is probably the most It Hurts!!-sy outcome, I just choose to believe. :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

horriblePencilist posted:

Is this another Trisssh situation where Pas gets his chest blown out but in the end the hellbeast becomes his love slave?

Trisssh and Kate seem to be on the same page re:hellbeasts, so I'm hoping for some eleventh hour intervention from the best characters this motherfuckin' comic can muster in such dark and woeful times.

Until Tubsy crashes through from inside the hellbeast like some kind of koolaidman outta hell.

• Locked thread