Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That last frame is a work of art, oh my god. :allears:
I gotta say, I gave this comic another shot out of curiosity, and I'm kind of amazed by it. By all rights it should be just another tryhard edgy South Park me-too, but instead it turned out to be one of the best webcomics I've ever read: everyone is super likable and fun to watch and every action has some serious weight to it. It's like this bizarre mixture of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and ta bunch of drunk friends playing video games together. I feel like I could write a thesis about how this comic works the way it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am somehow completely disarmed and incredibly unnerved.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I like how he seems to have a tattoo of his shopping list on his forearm, and that it includes puppies.
e: oh, that's peppers, my mistake. :downs:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You're giving me free entertainment and I seriously consider your silly little webcomic one of the very best on the internet (seriously like on Gunnerkrigg level), so I'm okay with a slower update schedule if life intervenes. :)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am legit on the edge of my seat to see how the next panel turns out. I honestly don't know how it will and there's a lot riding on it. The principal makes me think that he could totally take out half the cast if he wanted to. :magical:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Hey Gob, on the odd chance that you give a gently caress, on the last co,ic (312) on the last panel, Pasquelo has some Venn diagram eyes: his eyes kind ofoverlap. Otherwise your comic is super neat and the best on the internet etc.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Gobolatula posted:

London! I'm really looking forward to if. I've never been outside the U.S. before.

The London museum is super cool if you have any interest in history, and you can get some really freaking good Indian food there.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Well, can't say I was expecting that. :vomarine: :hf: :nyan:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Just in time to take away the sting of Rick and Morty wrapping up for the season :unsmith:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

tlarn posted:

I love this stupid loving webcomic.

It's like it never even left. :allears:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Oh man, that's a level-9 served, there's no coming back from something like that. :ohdear:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I didn't think going in that this would be my favourite webcomic ever, but by gum it's managed it.

I realize that's kind of damning with faint praise, but hey.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Hey Gob, I've been going through your archives and comics 215, 218 and 226 are 404-ing. Maybe look into that? It might just be my campus' internet having an odd filter though, so sorry if it's a false alarm.

Also man is the first 100 pages fantastic on a re-read.

e: yup, false alarm. Sorry Gob.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 19, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Aw man, how can you fault Katie for falling for that adorable little lug :3:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
On one hand I'm interested in the timeskip and glad that Maddie and Pas are doing well for themselves. On the other hand, those people seemed cool Maddie, you should exercise more clemency in your sniper duties. <:mad:>

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
There are so many things to love in this page, and nearly all of them are Party Dude. :allears:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Always nice to have someone in the fold. I got a friend of mine to read this and it was kind of amazing to see him go from "what the hell is this crap? :mad:" to "oh my god this comic is amazing :haw:" within a week. It's a serious diamond in the rough.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Something that's interesting to me is how short Pasq's pants are on him; since Aurora should be able to just magic up clothes for him and they were on good terms last we saw her, did something happen in the last year? Or is Pasqualo just too lazy to get new clothes?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Holy poo poo, what a callback :allears:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am almost certain that my penis has said that to me a few times in my day.

(This is an amazing comic :allears:)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Oh my god I missed that the member in the bottom left was a baby :allears:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I bet Allison told Undyne that anime wasn't real, the monster. Also Gob stop spying on my, those last two panels are clearly my life.

(Pasq would make a fine Jojo. His stand could be named after some obscure J-pop instead of Dadrock, I feel this is important).

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
In all seriousness, I like to create stuff but I have a hard time putting it out there; it's no secret that your comic started out looking super rough and much less than it ended up being. How did you get yourself to put it out there, and what would you attribute your success of getting this from the bad webcomic thread to people realizing it was much more than first met the eye?

For that matter, did it discourage you to have it start there?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The motto on the store sign made me laugh, I have to admit.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Panel 5 is adorable and I'm glad peanut-head agrees with me. Also I love the touch of the circuits lighting up in the last panel, Pasq is just super stoked about a constant reminder of the mother's love he will never have the Sailor Moon doll.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

TequilaJesus posted:

So is this supposed to be the new Bad Webcomics Thread? I've been out of BSS for a while.

From what I've heard as a Johnny-come-lately, this started in the bad webcomic thread until eventually people reading it realized that it was actually really good (this is common among its readers, and it tends to make steadfast fans- I like to think of it as the webcomic equivalent of Deadly Premonition).

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Is this the first guest comic, or at least the first with a guest artist? If so, nice milestone Gob!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think my favourite thing about this arc is how it handled Aurora, I was kind of annoyed with her waving away the rainbow vomit and it kind of seemed like it happened for the turtle radar (though it's a bit early to tell), so when Pasq & Peanut Head go to her and her godlike powers whisk up a Whacky Hijink I think it's one of the best-landed jokes in the whole comic.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Much like my personal hero Pasqualo I am torn between laughter and tears. drat it Peanut-Head :smith:

e: someone in the thread said it best when they said that the thing that really makes this comic work is that the random monkeycheese violence has real and lasting consequences: Tubsy gets sent to juvie, the apocalypse is never reversed, and people stay dead (except for Pasqualo that one time). It adds tension to even banal situations and makes it easier to care for the already effortlessly likable characters.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 8, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

Supposed to be a chunk of satellite, I think.

Also I haven't seen "I accidentally the whole thing" in years. Wow.

Well Pasq is a dork whose pop culture knowledge is permanently stuck in super-nerd 2014, so it does make sense.

Also, don't think of these dead characters as gone forever, they're in a better place: the one with Tubsy. :unsmith:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Maybe it's like that early Blackadder episode and people that evil intentionally drat themselves to get to where the good poo poo is.

Also no Friday comic, sadly. :smith: Still, the guy has a pretty incredible work ethic for someone who works nine to five, there are people for whom webcomics are their job who aren't half as consistent.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
"Satan is my drinking buddy" would make for a great song for Allie's band Pasq, get to writing that poo poo.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Sometimes I forget that this is the best webcomic on the entire internet. This is not one of those times.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
A modern-day Icarus, brought low by ambition and hubris :smith:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
It's so nice to see that even though Katie isn't as openly sentimental as Pasq, she's still just as gooey about their relationship. :3:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Well by the sound of it his Real Boy job is being super chaotic, and he's so incredibly punctual that I honestly believe that it's because there aren't enough hours in the day. You're forgiven forever because you are a perfect man this once, Gob.

Plus it's a super nice comic to leave off on. :3:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
This is the best arc :magical:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Magma Spider has lived a hard life, seeing as her father Phantom was killed in her infancy along with hundreds of her dicentuplet siblings (as chronicled in the documentary video game gifted to Pasqualo by Satan)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Pasq's Jojo game is getting stronger.
Also Elizabeth is still trying to charm the shop teacher :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Marlon's giving some good advice to his son, good for him.

• Locked thread