Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Holy gently caress, I just poo poo blood because this comic is so good.

Me too! But... It had nothing to do with the comic. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I love this comic so loving much.

This panel:

Is my favorite. The art style, the coloring, the contrasting looks of determination, it really is fantastic. A lot of time, passion and love went into these pages and it shows. Fuckin' awesome.

Also random nerdboy tidbit appreciation: Pasq's "Unca Scrooge" is indeed the correct way to say it if you're Huey, Dewey, or Louie. :3:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Blackheart posted:

Thank God everyone died and went to hell.

Aurora didn't :smith:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mordja posted:

Awww dammit, I was afraid of that.

He clarified it was the beginning of the beginning of the end, so we've still got a ways to go. :)

But yeah, it's pretty remarkable he's had this story's direction in mind all along. I guess God Dammit! planted some seeds for a much larger story. It makes me wonder what else from GD we'll see get reworked into It Hurts!. The visual of going to hell has changed very little from back then...

We've seen no sign of heaven yet in It Hurts!. Maybe Pasq rounds up a posse to invade it and take Aurora back to hell with them. :3:

Oh and if you haven't read God Dammit! go do that right now.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Slime posted:

If Gob was truly committed he'd go through the entire comic and carefully remove every appearance or mention of whatshisname .

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/761933017401090049

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Also Trisssh's Medusa gal pals are back and boy are they all thrilled to see each other again. :3:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Also that skyline is totally Philly, so Pasq's "This place is awful and we shouldn't be here" is quite appropriate and correct.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Creepy Ted Cruz dude would fit right at home as a character in Spirited Away.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It Hurts!! inspires some really great fan comics.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Huh, that last fan comic on the previous page is now a 404.

Edit: I forgot how good the Big Me strip was. Guy looks like an extra from Spirited Away and that last line... :smith:

Edit 2: I was very confused by the recent replies because I didn't realize a new strip had been posted. Was there a post linking to it? First new reply since December 26 that I see is RandomPaul reacting to the strip. Did... did the post with the link to the strip double die? :tinfoil:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 3, 2017

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Regy Rusty posted:

Can anyone find the page where Trissh kills her classmates? I'm curious how the reaction to that looks in light of this.

Right here. Knowing what we now know, the results are entirely expected.

This is some really amazing groundwork that Gob has laid down. Goddamn.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gob's comments on his page, in case you missed it:

quote:

Hi folks!

So, as you may have noticed, comic 460 is another long one.

This comic took lots and lots of work and I was very happy to have Grail help me with the art. I apologize for not being forthcoming about the length of this comic during the update break. I felt that if I said, “Hey guys the next one is 10 pages long!” it might’ve given away the fact that this is a big event in the series. I wanted it to be a surprise. Plus, things got a bit crazy at work and there was some other IRL stuff going on. I drew every chance I got still and I plan to keep chugging hard.

Also, I feel like I can let you guys know that this is a MAJOR turning point in the series. The next bunch of comics will be longer as well. Unfortunately, that means that the updates will be sporadic. Hopefully the next comic doesn’t take as long. I’ll keep tweeting about my progress, so please follow me on Twitter!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Love the coloring and shading. How much longer does it take to plan and color these hell strips compared to earlier strips?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/837510042932826112

It's 12 minutes long.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Totally random but I hope we see the space rhinos again.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Why have we decided to start spoilering everything on page 107.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/853990380886413314

Only three left. :smith:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Only two comics left, you guys :sadpeanut:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

George Washington Carver invented peanut butter by smashing peanuts with a hammer.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I wonder where Trisssh fits in with the ending.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Harmony had a cameo earlier in the strip.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

That is nicer than my interpretation of "a hallucination Pasq had while rocketing through the universe." I'll go with yours.

Yeah, the key panel that indicates this happened afterwards is when Pasq sees a glimpse of his cybernetic hand holding the egg.

My interpretation of it all was we were witnessing him re-creating the new universe where pretty much everything was the same, except now Pasq isn't a total blubberpus. He's tweaking and making changes as the day plays out. By the end of the day, he realizes the final thing he needs to do: get rid of himself entirely and have Aurora in his place.

I wonder if the characters will ever talk about this Christmas day event in Please Forgive Me, but their memories will be that it was Aurora-Pasq all along, and not It Hurts Pasq.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Something to start off your new year right.

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/945044098167144448

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/962738959439740929

I like where this is going.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/963657129293950977

This is a pretty accurate portrayal of someone who has been to a Wawa discovering someone else has never been to a Wawa.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Linking this next one for cartoon dong.

I started watching Devilman Crybaby because of this comic, and I gotta say, for a show called Devilman Crybaby it sure takes itself seriously.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I know we’re in PFM!!! mode and it’s great but I still just want to give one final shoutout to Pretty Cool Dude: Miracle Man. I just finished Devilman Crybaby tonight and all I could think of were those first two strips again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Hellsau posted:

Second season will be done by Gob if there is a god.

The live action adaptation is lookin' pretty good.

https://twitter.com/riotvixencos/status/980897148840509445

• Locked thread