Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Gob really has a penchant for putting hints to the future into his comics:

Panel 5: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=097-the-return-of-tubsy

http://www.people.com/article/dick-poop-oscar-nominations-twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ragnar34 posted:

Ally's been getting a ton of good panels lately. She's just a head again, but look at her giving Hellbeast the god drat malocchio in that last panel.

Hey, you know what Kate mentioned pre-apocalypse but that we haven't seen yet? Space rhinos. That'll be cool.

Hot gently caress i just came here to post asking if the space rhinos would save Ally, I thought I was the only one who remembered them.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I Haven't seen that one even go up on the site yet, is that the Patreon update? I really need to get in on that train.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
And he's not allowed to kill God's daughter, hence the knockout blow; but seriously Aurora is still out cold? She's half-deity, you'd think she could rejuvenate a bit more quickly than that.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I really hope the title is a reference to the oft-underrated track from Danny Elfman's brief solo project. The lyrics really fit, darkness can never laugh too long if you laugh in it's face *creepy Danny Elfman laugh*

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 6, 2015

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gobolatula posted:

It most definitely is!

Nice! I would have apparently found this out if I'd visited the website first; now you know my terrible secret that I watch this thread for the latest comic because my RSS is slow. (I do always visit the website too, usually the next morning because by then there's a better chance the comments have found out some minor detail I never would have caught).

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Mr. Gob, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I can't believe your Patreon is actually so cheap Gob. I decided to stop by today and see when i could afford the monthly contribution, and it turns out that's right now. I mean, I can find 3 bucks here and there each month and now I get one comic ahead of all you chumps and chumpettes, plus the behind the scenes posts are super informative. I had no idea you did so much research!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
There ought to be a book 1,5 with all these alternate universe happenings

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wait, I thought it was now possible that Aurora was not responsible for the apocalypse, like Heallbeast was the one who did it and he waited until Aurora was doing something so he could pin it on her?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Just finished listening to the third episode of the Gustavo Fring memorial podcast episode one, yeah Gob. Don't use your current Pasqualo voice when the animated shorts come to pass. I will never be able to get the Chris-Chan out of my head. Though future episodes of YDNTLTT should probably include more Chris-Chan interviews.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
With Gob out for the month I thought I'd help the thread nurse the gaping wound he leaves. When I saw there were only 3 personalised copies of volume 1 left, I knew I had to get a sketch and once I saw the date, I knew what it had to be of:

I even got a bonus post-it note sketch, but that's my personal treasure.

To anyone who's wondering if the book is worth it: yes, yes it is. The colours are incredible.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gobolatula posted:

I can't take credit for that one. It used to be "heads off their bodies" but my wife suggested the other way around because it's much creepier.

I remember reading some kind of story when I was a kid where there was a woman? who was... I don't know casting a spell on some girl and the girl was trapped with her somehow. The woman was a very Louisiana voodoo black woman with a red bandana, anyway the girl figured out that the witch woman would take off her head every night to go to sleep so the girl managed to get the head and lock it in a box until the witchy woman agreed to let her go. At least I think that's what happened.

Anyway, the woman said something along the lines of "Well I suppose my head can't live without its body," and I remember thinking how creepy it was that she said it kind of the opposite way of something like her body needs its head and our teacher pointed it out to us.

So, yeah, I don't know if this post had a point, but I typed it up while I was thinking it so I'm gonna leave it here.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I just hop Gob never leaves roman numerals for his comics, ten years from now we'll have comic # MCDXLVIII and that just adds a necessary bit of class.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Freudian posted:

YOUR WORST FEARS HAVE BEEN REALISED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKCBWRU59zk

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Return to base immediately

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
His last name is trianglini, I think that's as fancy of an explanation as ya get.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
gently caress you're right. There are some pieces of art from this that should definitely be on a van. If I were to get a Chevy 70, what would be the best art to put on it?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
What does London even look like in the post-apocalypse in It Hurts! Is it run by Space Rhinos?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Honestly, this delays my purchases of the books. I've had the order page open in a separate tab for a while now, I just have to think of something worthy of a sketch.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't think I ever shared my sketch I got from Gob in the second book:

Pasqualison is my OC DO NOT STEAL

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

So that's why the comic's called It Hurts!

You can click the 'title drop' tag on the website and see every comic where they say the name of the comic in dialogue. There is... a pattern :tinfoil:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Asgerd posted:

...Is it just me, or is Bill clearly Katie's dad?

Gotta give this a quick quote.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is her getting the bunny ears from Ally something that happened right before the fire?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ragnar34 posted:

[A GIRL]

I'm so glad Eliza lived. Who is Josef Schwen, though?

He's the co-host of the Gustavo Fring Memorial Podcast Episode 1 Podcast

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ballz posted:

She was 267. Dunno who 314 is.

314 = pi, who do we know that's got something to do with circles

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
SPACE FUCKIN RHINOOOOOOOOS

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gobolatula posted:

Hi folks! We're going to be recording a podcast tonight so if you have any questions you'd like answered, feel free to post them here or tweet them to me or email them to me or comment it on my site or something. Thanks again for reading the comic, guys!

I'm so glad to hear the Gustavo Fring Memorial Podcast Episode 1 Podcast is making a return, I genuinely liked listening to you guys - you need to find a way to put it in the same RSS as the comics that come out.

For a non-anime question, do you plan to advertise It Hurts! to try to grow the customer base some? How do you even advertise a comic these days?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
And to keep up with the theme of the last time I asked a question for the podcast:

Gobalatula, you are well known for your lenient stance on crime, but suppose for a second that your house was ransacked by thugs, your family was tied up in the basement with socks in their mouths, you try to open the door but there's too much blood on the knob.... my question is about the budget, sir.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is that one dude wearing a hellbeast shirt?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Alopex posted:

Oh poo poo, is he the same DJ from strip 138?

According to the tags, DJ Smegma made his first appearance in strip 403, but man the DJ from 138 sure sounds like he's got the Smegma backstory down.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sherman and Peabody have been completely outclassed on the "psychopath totes around a small boy" trope by Rick and Morty though.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Who ever said Pasqualo and friends live on Earth, hmmmm

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thing of it is, it wasn't the space rhinos. They specifically said they do not sit back and blow up planets because they must kill all turtle and turtle-related things.

But maybe the successfully eradicated all turtle-related things and just blow up the planet because there's nothing turtley to blow up anymore?

Ooh but wait, the space rhino who wanted to just blow up the planet was told to get back on the ship and build a turtleneck radar, so maybe he was able to convince the fellow travellers on the spaceship to just blow up Earth and the idiot space rhinos who were a waste of time on it.

Hmmmm...

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Spiggy posted:

Ally will end up in heaven away from Tubsy and Poop.

Aurora can probably talk to her mom about that if that happens. But we found out that all zombies go to hell when they die anyway, that's what separated Poop from his mom.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slime posted:

...does God look a lot like a mix of Pasqualo and Aurora to anyone else?

Aurora is God's daughter, I forget where that gets explained or maybe it was only implied? I think the Pasqualo resemblance may just be the gob art style in play.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hahaha awesome.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Now that it's near the end, I feel like I can actually enjoy this comic more. I never really read a comic more than once because I wanted to see where the story was going but now I'm just reading to enjoy it. I'm actually re-reading stuff now. And I'm sharing it more with people. I'm okay with waiting 2 months for the finale, because it'll give me time to read the whole thing again. Everything just feels fresh now.

When the books are finished, I'm going to buy another copy of the first two and then 2 of the rest because I want some copies I can just read and others I can keep in a vault.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
It's out, I haven't read it yet, but wanted to share:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=475-pasqualo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
So the page 11 alternate Pasqualos clapping mean he's done this before? Pasqualo is unique in that he somehow reaches the end of the Universe in every re-iteration of the Universe?

• Locked thread