Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The expressions and crazy art style shifts really do it for me, some good Flash Tub vibes. I wasn't sure what to think until page 100 and then it takes a turn for the awesome. Plenty of crazy red herrings, too. Also oh, hey, it's the Jersey Devil because of course it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I'd put a warning on the first page to absolutely not read this second page. You'd lose the magic of the first hundred.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

My favorite moment was walking away from the burning building with DOG FOOD and heart sunglasses :allears:

My least favorite moment is now I have to :f5: this thing and it's all your fault thank you

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Grimpond posted:

it hurts is better than diaz (lol like thats hard to do) here is my conclusive evidence of the superior story telling and accurate protrayal of broken people in an apocalypse

Hey so that strip, plotchat, is that first panel snake bitch accepting that she's lower on the totem pole and no longer has a slave? At least till panel 6 when that problem's resolved with a new slave.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

I think she willingly chose to be his servant, because she's all star struck about Pasq.

Yeah but it seems like she's deferring to Aurora now, too, instead of making her build cars. I guess that's what came of the big manga reveal incident.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This, too, is one of my favorite moments.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Robviously posted:

Whatever abilities Aurora have pretty much been linked to the wants of other people. Almost like she's a genie in that she can do what other people want done but can't directly influence the world around her (without causing the apocalypse). All Pasqualo wanted was for her to sing, too bad the world couldn't handle it.

I dunno about that, P-Q completely discarded his broken heart on the ground after the snake bitch showdown and Aurora just showed up to revive it on her own account. Typing this out I wonder if it's symbolism.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

mr.capps posted:

We already got Mr. Jones for that though!

Really liking Mr. Jones, he's a good straight-man even if he has his own baggage.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Parts Kit posted:

Last panel is a pretty nice weeb joke. :radcat:

Also interesting that Pasq's hair and skin are slowly going back to the color they were.

I think it's from Satan. When he grabbed Pasqualo, his hand seemed to revert. Then he shot him in the dilz, because what could go wrong? :allears:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

He checks up with his fans and genuinely appreciates having fans, but he doesn't try to cater to them directly or alter the story or spoil what's coming, which is pretty loving important when it comes to not ruining the comic.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Last panel is a perfect avatar waiting to happen. Five more of these till the break, I guess.

Literally Kermit posted:

Also Ally and Poop have matching eye sockets, holy poo poo why did I not notice this

Cuz you're dumb, it's quite endearing.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Panel six in the corner has Katie doing a thousand-yard-stare still. Hoping she flips out and interrupts the moment.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Perfect execution, perfect expressions. Allison remains the best character, but aren't they all?

Maybe they're not going to all actually explode, because she seemed to think kissing him pre-talentshow was an alright plan. That rear end just don't quit!!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Somebody asked about where Tubsy's been, and the answer is "Dead since page 100, might show up in a flashback."

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Oh, they both love anime :3:

Well he didn't get it from his dad

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Three more pages till we get cliffhanger'd.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

It's those subtle background details that pull it all together. The sun is quite angry.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

sniper4625 posted:

I wondered where Trisssh was last page. Now I know.

Now I know.
Good catch. Beep beep! Cars are for running bitches over in the strange apocalypse they find themselves in.

Man, I'm glad the car actually got some use in a few different pages instead of just being a throwaway gag.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah who knows who the target was, maybe she stuck it to Pasq assuming Aurora wouldn't leave? Or she's still pissed that Allison lit her on fire? Or she's just a crazy scientist lady conducting research by zapping him.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Thought the idea was that he hated Pas-Q at least partially because he hated his wife, too?

Hey wait a second, his mom knew this was coming. She's the one who sold the bunker to Katie, who definitely knew this was coming. Why didn't Dad know? He just sat there and got turned to ash. :tinfoil:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

RIP dolphin shirt, you were too great for this imperfect post-apocalyptic world.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Also one more of these before the break, so get ready for a killer cliffhanger or a cutesy feelgood or something I guess. Or maybe just the usual unpredictable stuff.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

sniper4625 posted:

drat, your goddess girlfriend literally saves you from a giant space laser beam, and your first act of gratitude is to dump her.

That's cold, Pas.

He already sorta did get ready to dump her in everything except saying the words back during the whole zombie arc.

Also I'm glad the final set before the break was way more substantial story stuff than just "Will the fight keep going!? Is Pas hurt too much to recover!?"

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I can't read half the poo poo this guy posts but he sure types a lot of letters

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Nice touch with P-Q's face in the smoke.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

:shobon: Good for him. Also that Das Boo drawing is legit.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

It's my favorite comic panel and you did a nice job with the pixels

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Ratchu posted:

Nov 7, 2005

:psyboom:

PS: Thank you for the cool drawing Gob

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

It's far from a replacement for the real thing. Ten days till poo poo gets real again.

e:

quote:

Q. What is Pasqualo’s favorite anime?

A. Sailor Moon (the oldschool version). When his mom took off, she left behind a big pile of anime VHS tapes that Pasqualo grew up on.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

See it's these subtleties that differentiate It Hurts!! from other webcomics

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Watching the Gobman make sure circuit patterns line up to previous versions.

e: Mr. Jones just said hi to me :v:

e2:

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 13, 2014

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

It is, but Allison totally owns it.

:stare: Wait, maybe that was her own dying wish? It seems about right, especially with how she's taking it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Pasq finally realizing his parents probably tried to kill him a few times?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

There are a ton of good avatars waiting to happen here.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

Either that or a depressed anime nerd teenager was pretty much constantly imagining the world burning down (with a side order of zombies, cyborgs, and sexy snake bitches).

Realtalk it's all his mum's fault for leaving those tapes behind.

Except Katie knew all this was going to play out with the zombies and apocalypse, ultimately leading to some of the best reaction shots in the comic. She got the bunker and disappeared just in time, and claims she knew it was Aurora in particular that was going to cause trouble but didn't do anything in time because of Pasq's relationship.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Pretty much either way works. That remaining a mystery's no big deal. It's not like they're going to have a chance to bring a fire inspector out to finish the job because the world ended.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

Gob, could you make the frontpage http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/ show some picture and say that new readers should click the "first" button, and not show the latest comic? New readers wouldn't get spoiled then. Also, Scarycave's gifs aren't animated unless you click on them.

edit: vvvvvvvvvvvv ok, is it a Firefox thing ?

Yeah this is pretty cool to do since I've told a few people about it but had to give them a long link to the first page.

The back teaser on the physical comic's actually a pretty good thing to maybe use as a base.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

Personally I think she's pissed about losing her rainbow dashy.

She got it back.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

With the bow I thought it was an Allison costume. Except not probably-black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Literally Kermit posted:

I realized the most unsettling thing about Trisssh's costume: she used human teeth, too.

Yeah no kidding, they're just shingled in there :gonk:

• Locked thread