Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Some first impressions just based on the OP.

Could they get any more generic blonde women on the show at one time?

I've never seen the Amazing Race, but just reading the little blurbs makes me want to see the twins suffer...a lot.

I really want to believe that the pet peeve of Keith, the fire chief, means that he doesn't like the loafers as in shoes. I don't know why, but it amuses me.

Of the guy brothers, Drew is going to be a dick, Alec might not be.

Wal, why would anyone want to be like Monica? Your husband might be alright though.

The cheerleading mom and daughter might be ok, but they also might be truly horrible.

The pet peeves of the gay guys just bother me and reek of a privileged persons problems. Also, their "I'm not like anyone else" bits just rub me the wrong way.

Really Jaclyn, your pet peeve is 'waiting in line'? Are you just too pretty to do it? You're bf might not be so bad though.

The only people who actually seem somewhat real are the farmer and his hot daughter and the firefighting dad and son, although the son might end up being a tool.

And finally: gently caress JOHN ROCKER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They labeled you that because you are a racist bigot, John Rocker.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I definitely want the twins to suffer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, why would the twins announce that they were on the Amazing Race?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Awesome, the old fire chief knows about John Rocker.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is the tribe really called Hunahpu? That's like Honeypoo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahahaha. An Indian just said 'Do the necessary.'

edit- Hey Dale, a drop of water would have worked just as well.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 25, 2014

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I already hate John Rocker's girlfriend.

edit - Hahaha Wes can't count.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh, the scorpions would really freak me out.

edit - Which is weird because spiders wouldn't bother me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, why was that troll putting on makeup on the BB commercial?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Good play by the redneck kid (sorry I don't know your name) at making Josh feel like one of the guys. Then Nadia says that dumb poo poo

He has the most un-redneck name of Wes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's always funny to me when a young tribe votes for the older person. It's like getting rid of a wealth of experience.

edit - Bye Bye Twinnie!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Who missed the memo and voted for Baylor?

And who's Baylor?

I think it must be Dale who voted for Baylor, although I don't know why.

And Baylor is part of the mom/daughter cheerleader couple. Both divorced I guess.

edit - Fast Luck, I think Baylor voted for the twinnie because she said she was voting with Josh.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, why the hell would Josh vote for Baylor after she said she would vote whichever way he did?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It still seems weird to me because people are likely to talk about what happened at tribal, especially with the single odd vote.

So John, Dale, Wes and the other guy (not Josh) are going to say 'I voted for Nadiya for <insert reason here>.' Val and the other woman are going to say 'I voted for Dale because he is old.' And then since it was Nadiya's idea they will assume that she didn't go off script and vote for Baylor. That just leaves Josh and Baylor and since Baylor can't vote for herself, it will be obvious that it was Josh.

None of the other guys have any reason to lie about their vote, so it seems like it would be hard to start a smear campaign about how one of them is a liar and out to get Baylor. Josh can't play the 'I wasn't in the loop' card with the women, so it's a clear betrayal by both Josh and Baylor.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

I don't think Baylor has any reason to turn on Josh for the wonky vote, at least not in the short run. He can sell it as a way to hide the fact that they're tight - if it was clear that one woman had flipped, the other women would be mad at her and the men would be suspicious of how she knew who to vote for.

Even in the worst case scenario, "I was paranoid, I knew you weren't getting any votes, I wanted to be able to knowledgeably pick a side if I was actually the swing vote and I knew you wouldn't hold it against me" wouldn't make someone an immediate target in my eyes, especially if he's someone I've gotten close to in the first three days.

But that's just it, Josh can't sell it as a way to hide that they are tight because Baylor can't vote for herself. I feel like it actually outs Josh/Baylor as a pair despite Josh actually voting for Baylor. I don't think Baylor turns on Josh because of the vote, but I think everyone else will feel like they can't trust Josh. The other guys were all voting for Nadiya and the girls (minus Baylor) were voting for Dale, but Josh didn't do either, so he isn't part of the team and that is going to put a target on his back.

Honestly, it would have been better if he had just voted for Nadiya and said 'Hey, I didn't like her weird stereotype of me being 'one of the girls' just because I'm gay.' But I guess that would be throwing Baylor under the bus.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think he's just the furthest person from the camera so he looks shorter.

Plus I don't think that ground is perfectly level and Rocker is on a slight downhill.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, is it wrong that when Jeff said, 'a lot of spinning and maneuvering' during the Josh/Reed fight, that I thought: that sounds like something that happens in their bedroom?

edit - Also, I totally wanted to see someone perform the old "Ole" move on a charging opponent.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Midnightghoul posted:

He's showing his true colors. That is, his true hatred of all colors

I bet John Rocker broke all the crayons except for white when he was a kid.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And away we go!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, what a bunch of idiots. Of course the flint is most likely in the fire pit. That's where you use it.

I knew it turn up in the pit when they said they lost it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jeff is loving this whole trade.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Drew is going to steal Jon's girlfriend.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why does the black guy gotta sit out of the swimming challenge?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostpilot posted:

Why's Drew throwing this challenge, exactly?

Cause he wants to get rid of some women on his team or something.

edit - Also, he's dumb.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

Actually, it would've been super hilarious if Jaclyn pulled a Natalie and yelled at the other tribe. "HEY HE TOLD ME HE WAS GONNA THROW IT. VOTE HIM OUT"

I think if it was me, I would be tempted to do that just to sow some chaos.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, since when is a Kelley ever been the best player on this show?

Drew doesn't know Survivor History. No named Kelly will ever win this show.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Drew is so loving stupid. He is standing there talking poo poo about Kelley while she is standing right behind him.

Holy poo poo, that's is just loving hilarious.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The only man who seems to have any brains in the Blue tribe is Jon...maybe Keith.

Drew is obviously dumb, Jeremy is also dumb and Reed hasn't really said anything.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is a funny tribal.

I still think I'd back Keith over Jeremy because Jeremy lets his emotion rule him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, four votes and all of them different.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

Sandra's middle name is Kelly

Middle names don't count unless you are an assassin.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, see ya Drew! :byewhore:

You shouldn't have thought of yourself as a mastermind.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, who the hell voted for Keith if it wasn't Jeremy?

edit - it was Jon???

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know why they voted out Kelley instead of Dale. It seemed like Baylor and others had a problem with Dale specifically, but then they just skip voting him out and instead target his daughter who might have been willing to work with them if it weren't for Dale holding onto grudges. I know that Kelley had been getting some comments about being a smart player, but there also didn't seem to be any mention of it during this episode.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Are you required to keep the scroll with the idol? Because that's just more bulk to keep hidden. If I found a real idol, I'd probably burn the scroll before it even occurred to me that someone would want to see it as proof my idol is real.

edit: obviously I wouldn't find a fake idol. That would be embarrassing.

Now I kind of want to see someone find a HII then make a fake one and put it back in the same spot with the note from the real idol.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

I can't disagree with you more. Redemption Island, as long as it kept it to pre-merge would have been a better gimmick than Exile Island for a Blood vs Water season.

There's no real emotion from sending your loved one to Exile Island and the Island only gets 15 seconds of airtime. But watching your loved one get defeated in a challenge and sent home is great television.

...and then we get one poor sap back into the game to immediately get voted out again. No damage done.

I agree with these thoughts. Exile Island is pretty terrible this season. The loser of the duel (now pretty much meaningless since it's no longer a loved one duel) gets sent to Exile Island and the winner then picks someone from their own tribe to go as well. When the two exiles get there, one of them gets a clue to the HII and decides if they want to share it, then they sit there for a day or two before going back to their tribes in time for the next challenge.

Except for the first episode, they haven't really gotten any airtime and there is no real impact on the game. It's just so boring and useless and hasn't really produced any sort of drama or excitement.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, Missy is running Baylor completely. "Just do what I say because I have the alliance with Jeremy"

Also, even Missy has cowboy boots now?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what's worse. Hoarding the trail mix, stealing the food back, or attaching a hashtag to drat near everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

definitely the hashtags.

#HashtagHater

• Locked thread