Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Doflamingo posted:

Oh poo poo, I just remembered that Colton's fiance died in a work related incident not long ago. I'd say it's karma but eh...

Gross. Don't say that.

Brian deserved to win Thailand 150 to 200%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The best part of Thailand is watching Jan burst into tears over and over again because she constantly finds animal corpses everywhere.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Awful Survivor Season 7 is taking signups now. It's a lot of fun. You should probably play.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666548

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The twinnies were irritating while competing but fine during talking heads. I think I will enjoy them on Survivor, actually.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Twinnies final two. Jury made up of extra twinnies. All twinnies all the time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
You can PM a mod with the request. Send them a link to the thread too so they don't have to go looking for it. The easier you make it, the more likely it gets done quickly.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm down to only one twinnie left :qq:

On the plus side, the cast seems a lot more interesting in practice than it did in theory. Already find myself liking Josh, Jon, Wes, Jeremy, Val, and Baylor. Not a whole lot of annoying folks yet, but John Rocker will surely implode at some point.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

that one guy posted:

I'm pretty sure he said Wesley, as in the 1700s preacher. I'd bet it wasn't a preplanned alias and it popped out.

He definitely said Wetteland, he even spelled it (incorrectly, IIRC), which was the second-funniest moment in the entire episode.

The funniest?

Wes: "What's your last name?"
Rocker: "Wetteland."
Wes: "...are you sure? :haw:?"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

that one guy posted:

If John Rocker seriously went in planning to pretend to be an obscure pitcher instead of himself, I don't know whether to give him credit for planning ahead or to criticize him for being so stupid as to think he needs to pretend he's not John Rocker. I think people who know Rocker's reputation know what he looks like and won't be fooled by his ploy.

And yes, that guy running under the things in the immunity challenge was exactly like a horror movie.

It's an even better plan than Gary Hogeboom pretending to be Gary Hawkins, a landscaper who went to the exact same college at the exact same time and was on the football team but definitely isn't Gary Hogeboom.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
John Rocker and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Boxman posted:

They each said they were imagining each other as exes.

Clearly this means Baylor Missy has some pent up issues.

I took it as Missi envisioning one of her exes (3x divorcee) and Baylor also envisioning one of Missi's exes as an awesome burn about her moms choices in men.

Also requesting gif of awkward zoom-in of sobbing Misti :qq:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ghostpilot posted:

Why is Val so convinced that she's heading home?

She's probably a fan and realizes she's a black woman cop. How she wasn't somehow pre-booted is beyond me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't know how rocker believes Val has two idols when he saw the clue and it referred to a single idol. Which he found. :confuoot:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
RAWWWWWWWWKSSSSS

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hahahaha I wonder if Rocker will give his idol to Julie.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I loved Baylor's reactions to getting votes, like she was surprised to be receiving them after being explicitly told she would receive them

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Adventure Show posted:

3 of the guys plus her and Jaclyn voting out Baylor would've sent her home, but Josh flipped.

Josh voted for Baylor again (in the first vote) according to wiki. I was surprised by that too.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

Seriously. What is with all this weird Rocker defending. Dude was a bad sport and a creep even on the show.

it's not that strange, this is the forum that overwhelmingly enjoys Russell :can:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rarity posted:

There's a Kelly this season?

They said her name and I instinctively said "Who the gently caress is Kelly?" because seriously who

poor Kellys.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
None of the women aside from Baylor or Natalie has made much of an impression so far

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Piell posted:

Whose name is Reed KELLY

:aaaaa:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hooray, I can livewatch this week.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Kelley is talking. She's clearly gone tonight.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's pretty lovely to applaud John getting voted out. Not because of him, but because one of your tribemates is going to be very sad and you're just ignoring that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
so can you just not compete in these challenges if your loved one is gone?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I was gonna say they couldn't be the worst tribe ever, but I think even Ulong won reward challenges. is this now 6/7 losses?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
^^^^^ :lol::lol:

It works in my advance. :haw:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
holy gently caress this guy is a moron

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I loving love Jeremy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Boxman posted:

"We're both fire fighters"

Maybe its because in my line of work we eat our young, let alone our co-workers, but every loving time there's some idiot who thinks their job means an automatic alliance and every loving time it amazes me how stupid some people are.

Cops R Us!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"A precision throw"

Rocker: :haw:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If they do throw it, Jaclyn shouldn't tell her tribemates. Let them get excited about it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ghostpilot posted:

Why's Drew throwing this challenge, exactly?

Because he's a huge idiot. There's literally no reason.

He said something like "I need to weed out my own tribe to go further" :confused:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Actually, it would've been super hilarious if Jaclyn pulled a Natalie and yelled at the other tribe. "HEY HE TOLD ME HE WAS GONNA THROW IT. VOTE HIM OUT"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TMMadman posted:

I think if it was me, I would be tempted to do that just to sow some chaos.

Do it and then go back to camp and say you were lying, so your tribe can still celebrate.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Kelly is a huge threat ya'll because

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
good lord he's so stupid. he might be the dumbest ever

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

good lord he's so stupid. he might be the dumbest ever

Like for reals, he's so socially inept. it's amazing. at least when J'Tia went insane it was because they were dumb enough to tell her she was next to go

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
how is a sub-alliance a new concept :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lone Goat posted:

What is Jeremy doing

providing perfect cover for the editors. who the hell is going home? they want it to look like it's more than just drew vs blond ghost

• Locked thread